Judge finds probable cause in St. James Gate alleged assault archived

walked by last night; he was working there.

Unbelievable. I won't be going back, then, but you know what is wonderful? The second I inform my children about this incident, and the others, they, of their own volition, will refuse to ever go there again. I take a lot of comfort in their outrage, given the total lack of it at SJG. Someone should inform the Patch and other news outlets that carried the story, and tell them that the 'medical leave' was apparently one day in duration, maybe caused by a hangover and bruised knuckles. I'm tired of people trying to get a pass on abysmal behavior by running to rehab or using a "medical" condition. It is a sympathy ploy, a deflection, and I'm disgusted by this. They could obviously care less, so it is just a matter of time until the next assault.

madhatter said:

are you certain it was the right sibling?

I hope it was mistaken identity, for everyone's sake.

Woot said:

madhatter said:

are you certain it was the right sibling?

yup

I'm not sure if I'm surprised at the arrogance or the plain-old-fashioned ignorance of that move. "Hey, Maplewood, 'if' something happened and 'if' something was said, that's not indicitive of the attitude of SJG. Now, we suspended the guy for 48 hours and I'm sure he's learned his lesson... this time".

Regardless of the court case outcome, this alone should be enough for everyone to feel guilty if they patronize the pub. Tell them you'll be back when they get their act together, and ban intoxicated, violent homophobes.

callista said:

Regardless of the court case outcome, this alone should be enough for everyone to feel guilty if they patronize the pub. Tell them you'll be back when they get their act together, and ban intoxicated, violent homophobes.

Or at least stop EMPLOYING intoxicated, violent homophobes...

For at LEAST three days after they go off on someone!!!

After all, they've been a part of the community for 30 years.... if you average it out, that's not really very many beatings per year at all.

case said:

After all, they've been a part of the community for 30 years.... if you average it out, that's not really very many beatings per year at all.

grin)

Oy. My thinking is we need more witnesses to stand up for our bullied, abused neighbors. I participate in any witnessing I personally experience. When someone in my presence chooses to tell a joke, a comment, an assault on another, I choose to say when a polish joke is presented, "I am polish." When a Jewish joke is presented, "I am Jewish." A gay put down, "I am gay." A Moslem, " I am Moslem."

I am not in heritage any of the above yet I am in feeling for all of the above. Yet I sure hope when someone accuses me of being a mick, "Irish" or a blockhead, "Norwegian" or divorcee, or any other name they want to call me that if they are present, they will stand up for me. Or, if hearing someone called me these names, it is unacceptable to them as well.

I do not like that others think of us as separate. This thread is to me a witnessing that we are not separate, we cannot be shoved into categories, and I firmly am committed in my lifetime to speak every time bigotry shows up.

case said:

Too many, One is too many in my books.

(Yeah case, You're funny and I'm serious. Same goal, I'll just never be a stand-up commedian. Too serious, tho I do appreciate your humor. :-D It is well placed. :X )

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigotry in the following quotation: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."[2]

Let's pour more light into the eye of SJG. :-D blank stare :-D

case said:

snake

I do so love the standup...yet, just for the circumstances... a different reaction.... tongue laugh

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!