JMF Properties Is Showing Proposed Plan For Post Office Site Tonight

chopin said:

The much larger building met all the town's requirements.  I disagreed with the requirements, but that was what the architects were tasked to meet.  They have the taste to design a good building to meet any requirements (including a smaller building if the town had changed their mind earlier)   that's taste that the present architects, and maybe some of those on the committee set up by the town, don't possess.

Isn't that a criticism of those who have volunteered their time and effort?

Is Chopin running for office?

I know renderings can be inaccurate but I like the art deco touches. I like this iteration best. But it is not my town. But I like the new garage in my town too.

I would prefer an honest rendering................something akin to a photograph.

I find this article interesting regarding renderings.

"Thus in the digital age the graphic representation of architecture has moved beyond an exercise in persuasion; it has become an exercise in deception. [... The architect] has every incentive to indulge in digital dissimulation and little risk in doing so. Photoshop and similar software have become the architectural profession’s pharmacy of performance-enhancers; impossible to detect and absolutely ubiquitous."

http://www.archdaily.com/383325/are-renderings-bad-for-architecture/

So stop looking at the rendering and look at the technical drawings with dimensions if you want the "real" information. Renderings are meant to deceive. All architects know this, because they all use it to their advantage.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.