Is it OK with you that Ted Nugent is inciting violence against President Obama? archived

Something for the "Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha" file -

"On the day Ted Nugent is set to meet with the Secret Service about some incendiary remarks he made about President Obama at last weekend’s NRA national convention in St. Louis, the NRA deleted the archived footage of the comments from the internet. There’s plenty of convention content available on the group’s web page and YouTube channel, but you won’t find any footage of the Sunday afternoon discussion with Nugent — an NRA board member — that led Mitt Romney to distance himself from Nugent and prompted the Secret Service to schedule a meeting with him."

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/nra-scrubs-nugent-video-from-website-youtube.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

I had not heard the part about Mitt backing away slowly from the Nuge. Also, the whole "down the memory hole" thing is pretty funny, as if the NRA is unfamiliar with how the internet works.

Wow, those lyrics really give Tennyson a run for his money.

rastro - you're right - i wasn't being creative enough to see your interpretation.
I have the image of Nugent machine gun/obama can suck on it moment stuck in my mind, and put it in that (revolting and reprehensible) context.
Your view is plausible. But I'd put it at about 50/50 between that and his trying to 'joke' about his own warped fantasy of taking down obama.

"I had not heard the part about Mitt backing away slowly from the Nuge. Also, the whole "down the memory hole" thing is pretty funny, as if the NRA is unfamiliar with how the internet works."

If Edgar Allan Poe ever wrote a freakin' short story about Mitt, it would be the short title "The Pendulum." No need for the pit. A GL2 original. Thank you, folks. You've been great.

I would put it 99.99999% that it was what rastro wrote. But the left would not be able to have so much fun if they accepted the obvious.

Yeah, it's that .00001 that kills you! But you're right; I'm still not convinced about the old "Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone thing."
I'm lookin' at you, Con South!

OK, he's been investigated and cleared, so it's time to change the silly, inflammatory thread title to 'Libs false outrage over the Nuge was false indeed'.

Nugent is in good company.

johnlockedema said:

OK, he's been investigated and cleared, so it's time to change the silly, inflammatory thread title to 'Libs false outrage over the Nuge was false indeed'.

Still don't think that Mitt will be putting "Wango Tango" on his campaign iPod anytime soon ...

wedjet said:

Obama had a chance to serve too. Most people who ran off to Canada, Sweden and got deferements were people of the same ideology as John Kerry and William Ayers. Yes I know Kerry is a pluri-decorated National Guard.

The right-wingers are supposed to be eager to join the military and massacre the Viet Cong calling them derogatory epithets.

Left-wingers should be proud of those who did not participate.

johnlockedema said:

It's over when we're sure one of his music/gun/fringe acolytes doesn't make an attempt on a president - BHO or his successor Hillary Clinton.

mapletree said:

wedjet said:

Obama had a chance to serve too. Most people who ran off to Canada, Sweden and got deferements were people of the same ideology as John Kerry and William Ayers. Yes I know Kerry is a pluri-decorated National Guard.

The right-wingers are supposed to be eager to join the military and massacre the Viet Cong calling them derogatory epithets.

Left-wingers should be proud of those who did not participate.

Good Lord, mapleman; don't you remember all the names on the GWB reign's chicken-hawk list. And they were only the chicken-hawks in his circle of hawks.

You may remember only lefties because the left had the courage to advertise their anti-war stance rather than slither around like GWB. I remember that, in those days, my era, getting into the national guard assured you wouldn't be drafted and sent to Nam. The waiting lists were infinitely long.

Ted Nugent guilty in shooting and transporting of a corpse!

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Rocker and wildlife hunter Ted Nugent has agreed to plead guilty to transporting a black bear he illegally killed in southeast Alaska.

Nugent made the admission in signing a plea agreement with federal prosecutors that was filed Friday in U.S. District Court.

Gloch23, this is the osprey I shot with my GL2. Sorry about the resolution:

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!