How To Park Like a Tool

its lazy and entitled. Pull in straight.

Steve said:

its lazy and entitled. Pull in straight.

Agree, it is not that hard to pull in between the lines. Next thing you know the person next to them parks a little off, an so on, an so on.

The argument "it's not so hard" cuts both ways. At a certain point, we tolerate the boneheaded moves others make, as long as they're not egregious. I mean, right?

Tom_Reingold said:

The argument "it's not so hard" cuts both ways. At a certain point, we tolerate the boneheaded moves others make, as long as they're not egregious. I mean, right?

But as Prerak rightly points out, it creates a domino effect (or makes it very difficult for the person parking next to it to get out of his/her car).

Steve said:

Tom_Reingold said:

But as Prerak rightly points out, it creates a domino effect (or makes it very difficult for the person parking next to it to get out of his/her car).

Rightly so, and we already put up with enough "boneheaded moves" like drivers who use the left lane as the cruising lane cause they are afraid to actually even attempt to pass someone, and when someone tries to pass them, they get angry.

Think a Yield sign can be interpreted as Stop sign if they feel like it. An my personal favorite, don't know that an on-ramp is to be used to accelerate to highway speed and then merge in with traffic flow.

Prerak, I am unsure what you mean by "think a yield sign can be used as a stop sign if they feel like it." If there is traffic in the travel lane, you must yield, and sometimes that requires a stop, even if you don't want to.

Yield: In road transport, a yield or give way sign indicates that each driver must prepare to stop if necessary to let a driver on another approach proceed. A driver who stops or slows down to let another vehicle through has yielded the right of way to that vehicle. In contrast, a stop sign requires each driver to stop completely before proceeding, even if no other traffic is present. Particular regulations regarding appearance, installation, and compliance with the signs vary by jurisdiction. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_sign)

marylago said:

Prerak, I am unsure what you mean by "think a yield sign can be used as a stop sign if they feel like it." If there is traffic in the travel lane, you must yield, and sometimes that requires a stop, even if you don't want to.

Yield: In road transport, a yield or give way sign indicates that each driver must prepare to stop if necessary to let a driver on another approach proceed. A driver who stops or slows down to let another vehicle through has yielded the right of way to that vehicle. In contrast, a stop sign requires each driver to stop completely before proceeding, even if no other traffic is present. Particular regulations regarding appearance, installation, and compliance with the signs vary by jurisdiction. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_sign)

LOL, thanks for the definition.

I just find that people stop at a yield sign if car is not even close to the road they are approaching. Key words, "if necessary" if oncoming traffic is not close then they don't need to yield or give way.

Well, that clarifies it. That drives me nuts too (pun intended).

eta: I hate when people stop at the intersection of Springfield and Valley going south. I know there used to be a yield there but now it's straight on go...

marylago said:

eta: I hate when people stop at the intersection of Springfield and Valley going south. I know there used to be a yield there but now it's straight on go...

Oh yeah, like a Planters truck, that drives me nuts.

marylago said:

If you mean in front of the AAMCO, right past Mannys, that's cause Valley clearly forms its own lane in the right lane. As Springfield crosses Valley it becomes 1 lane, and the right lane becomes a right turn only at Mannys.

But you knew that right? smile

that's exactly what she said.

FilmCarp said:

that's exactly what she said.

rolleyes

If you are behind someone who stops at a yield sign and it bothers you, you are doing something wrong. There is nothing wrong with stopping at a yield sign even when it's not necessary. It is the precaution that the driver deems necessary.

I agree that parking and driving are royal pains, especially in New Jersey. I left and sold my car. I commute by bike or subway, and my stress at commuting time is much lower.

Third and Valley this week. About 4' between the back of the car and the start of the parking spot.

Parking lot at Staples in Vauxhall. Driver of vehicle to the right came out of Staples and did a double take before squeezing into his car.

hauscat said:

Third and Valley this week. About 4' between the back of the car and the start of the parking spot.

That's actually funny.

marylago said:

If you are talking about the Valley street traffic slowing or stopping, it's because too many SA drivers ignore the signage and stay over on the right lane, so it's a matter of self-defense.

lanky said:

Some great stuff in this slideshow (including the side commentary)...

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Does-anyone-here-know-how-to-park-Bedlam-reigns-10895140.php

I didn't want it to end! Funny stuff!

Fun comments! That pic of the hoopty of the month. oh oh

Does anyone at Tesla believe in carpooling?

Ssent that link to 2 guys I know that drive teslas with a note, "It's all your fault"

If that's the way workers park, I'd be afraid to drive a Tesla...

this guy is parked perfectly, but he still parks like a tool. JCC West Orange parking lot.

drummerboy said:

this guy is parked perfectly, but he still parks like a tool. JCC West Orange parking lot.

That's a large pickup - there's a good chance he cant back in any further.

That's my point!! He's driving a damn bus!! Everywhere he parks, he will park like a tool!

maplewood27 said:

drummerboy said:

That's a large pickup - there's a good chance he cant back in any further.

sac said:

marylago said:

If you are talking about the Valley street traffic slowing or stopping, it's because too many SA drivers ignore the signage and stay over on the right lane, so it's a matter of self-defense.

Exactly. I don't want "I had the right of way" written on my tombstone.

I was parked directly across from him, it took me a couple tries to back my minivan out of my spot

drummerboy said:

Not to be contrarian, but I made the switch from being a train commuter to taking my car each morning 1.5 years ago, and I haven't looked back....The 15-20 minute car ride is stress free

Tom_Reingold said:

I agree that parking and driving are royal pains, especially in New Jersey. I left and sold my car. I commute by bike or subway, and my stress at commuting time is much lower.

spontaneous said:

sac said:

marylago said:

Exactly. I don't want "I had the right of way" written on my tombstone.

But it's only one lane from Springfield...

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!