Highland Place "Nachos"

ktc said:

hankzona said:

next time, order them de-constructed...is it really that youre upset because it was four pieces for a table of five and you got left out?

To paraphrase Ty Webb and ridski...A flute with no holes is not a flute. Nachos with an affected French accent are not nachos.

Comedic gold - very funny

shell2 said:

hey I am going to start a thread about how much i love the HP fish tacos... not the least bit pretentious ... and not fried...

Yeah, but try sharing them with 4 friends...

I'll have to sorta agree with ktc, the ‘Neat Nachos’ taste good, but WTF!
I ordered them once, and only once, but it didn't stop me from going back.

This thread makes me homesick for MSO.

I nominate this thread for Most Ironic of 2012.

Monster said:

Thank you. That's all I've been saying.

ktc said:

Monster said:

the thing is, thats not all youve been saying...and thats not how you say things...but you probably know this already.

Monster,

You're a traitor!

hankzona said:

ktc said:

Monster said:

the thing is, thats not all youve been saying...and thats not how you say things...but you probably know this already.

That's exactly what I've been saying, although I did elaborate on WTF, but that was my initial reaction when they were served. I also said it wouldn't stop me from going back.

So I walked into Highland Place and ordered my appetizer and when it came out I said "What is this?" and the server said "Nacho cheese sauce", and I said "It damn well better be my cheese sauce, I just paid $8 for it!"

RIMSHOT!

Thank you Maplewood, I'll be here forever. Don't forget to try the Neitzchos.

ktc said:

hankzona said:

ktc said:

Monster said:

That's exactly what I've been saying, although I did elaborate on WTF, but that was my initial reaction when they were served. I also said it wouldn't stop me from going back.

+ "pretentious" and "condescending"...don't forget those...

I didn't, that was the "elaboration" part. The "W" in WTF.

People do realize I'm not calling them pretentious for eating there, right?

ridski said:

Don't forget to try the Neitzchos.

That's the problem. ktc was disappointed that the objective reality of his/her nachos did not match the expected ideal of nacho-ness.

Too smart for my blood. My Neitzheness doesn't go beyond Monty Python's "Bruce's Philosophers Song."

ml1 said:

ridski said:

That's the problem. ktc was disappointed that the objective reality of his/her nachos did not match the expected ideal of nacho-ness.

That was part one of the problem. And I am a big fan of of re-imagining dishes and expectations. The polenta "fries" at Coda, for example...magnificent. The "Nachos" to me, starting with the name because they weren't nachos, had other problems and was representative of a larger issue with the overall menu's point of view. But, as I said, I'll be back for another try.

ktc said:

The "Nachos" to me, starting with the name because they weren't nachos

Let's try to get to the heart of this. What was missing that would have made them Nachos?

I think I understand what happended. you mistakenly ordered the Nihilist Nachos

ridski said:

ktc said:

Let's try to get to the heart of this. What was missing that would have made them Nachos?

Nacho chips.

Nacho cheese! Nacho cheese! (punch line to a bad old joke )

ktc, please send me a PM with your email address, I'd like to PayPal you $10.27 ($8 plus tax and tip).

ktc said:

ridski said:

ktc said:

Nacho chips.

There's no such thing as "Nacho chips". There's Tortilla chips, but no "Nacho chips". What was actually missing?

I'm glad this thread is still running! After the emotional roller-coaster from yesterday's #1 thread, I'm glad I can kind of 'cool down' with this one today.

Having said that.... this one's probably almost done, right?

ml1 said:

ridski said:

ml1 said:

I think I understand what happended. you mistakenly ordered the Nihilist Nachos

This made my morning.

RobB said:

ktc, please send me a PM with your email address, I'd like to PayPal you $10.27 ($8 plus tax and tip).

Why? Are you one of the owners or something?

case said:

I'm glad this thread is still running! After the emotional roller-coaster from yesterday's #1 thread, I'm glad I can kind of 'cool down' with this one today.

the other #1 thread from yesterday is pretty quiet .. let's keep it that way ... wink

HarleyQuinn said:

case said:

the other #1 thread from yesterday is pretty quiet .. let's keep it that way ... wink

If it is the thread I am thinking of, then it looks like it is gone.

The thread is not the only thing missing.

ktc said:

RobB said:

No, just worried about you.

RobB said:

ktc said:

RobB said:

No, just worried about you.

Oh, you're sweet.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.