Here It Is! Live Coverage Of the 2012 Republican National Convention archived

ThinkProgress Live Blogs the GOP Convention: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/08/28/758981/rnc-tuesday/

Conventions used to be exciting.

Ted Cruz brings up Martin Luther King and the four African Americans in the audience rise and applaud.

Those four guys are making serious money tonight.

I'm trying to stay up for Christie but man this is dull.
I do like the token non-whites in the audience.

dave said:

Those four guys are making serious money tonight.

WORD!

Let us know when Christie comes on ... I might break away from tennis for that.

Wow this is painful. I mean this is worse than the Hilton Debates.

PolitiFact already all over Santorum/Romney distortions:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/aug/28/rick-santorum/Santorum-Romney-claim-Obama-ending-welfare-work/

Did every Republican who is speaking tonight come from poor families whose parents were hard working enough to "make it"?

I bet a Mexican dude standing outside a Tampa Home Depot this morning could have gotten a free suit and a good seat tonight. Maybe even a speaking slot.

BLACK GUY AT THE PODIUM.

Audience gives a standing ovation. Actually I think most of them are just standing to see what he looks like.

Sure he's not the gaffer? Oh wait, that's Romney.

LOST said:

I missed that mayhem. What happened?

There are a couple videos here: In one video, Boehner is booed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/ron-paul-republican-convention_n_1837556.html

Who's this dude following the ball around with a microphone?

sbenois said:

It's a shame the Republicans didn't get Jeb to run. He could beat Obama.

I read somewhere that it was Jeb who was supposed to run for president as opposed to Dubya.

Something tells me these RNC speakers were selected for their diversity appeal rather than their accomplishments and/or experience. I consider myself reasonably well-read on politics and current events but I seriously have never heard of the woman on about a half hour ago, the Cruz guy who was just on, or this A-A guy on now.

Oh man, you guys are funny!! It is a little drab. I fell asleep during Santorum. This is a great cure for insomnia. Wake me for Christie! Nighty-night.

Ann Romney is up. Ann, why did you let Mitt put a dog on the roof?

Ann Romney looks great, but Mitt should have pizzazz all by himself.

Has anyone mentioned The Troops? Will anyone?

Ann gets it. She really does. She understands just how hard it is out there. She is a woman of the people.

LOST said:

Has anyone mentioned The Troops? Will anyone?

Of course not.

Talk about boring. Never thought I'd miss Sarah Palin.

Amazing woman. She knows exactly what bank account to use for which house.

"tonight we salute YOU and sing all your praises"

sbenois said:

Ann gets it. She really does. She understands just how hard it is out there. She is a woman of the people.

She is playing the gender card.

Ann is talking about her father in Wales. He moved them to the great state of Michigan when she was 15. She got married a few years later and has had servants working for her ever since. But Ann gets it. She understands what it's like to struggle.

Who is speaking on behalf of the assault rifle owners?

Trick question - all of them.

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!