Harvey Weinstein, et tu?

The relevance is that Corey Feldman has said he was raped as a child by a big Hollywood producer (NOT Weinstein). But he has been claiming for years that the Hollywood machine has a rich history and culture of covering up sexual assault and blackballing anyone who tries to speak out. 

Motion Picture Academy expels Weinstein.

kibbegirl said:

Never heard of the Free Thought Project so can't vouch for its legitimacy. 

Pedophilia is a worldwide issue not just L.A. County concentrated and not sure what pedophilia has to do with Weinstein. 

The article suggests that the Weinstein debacle might be a "limited hangout" to deflect from a more pervasive problem with the Hollywood culture.  It would also explain why people in that milieu might be reluctant to point fingers.  See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Open_Secret

Sexual assault also has to do with power dynamics, so the idea that the Obamas would have to worry about their daughter being targeted seems somewhat preposterous given the consequences Weinstein would invoke, in addition to the logistics given her secret service detail.

Gwyneth Paltrow is Steven Spielberg's god-daughter, I think I read.  She was then dating Brad  Pitt. I think these facts would have carried a lot of weight with HW. Didn't shield her from the HW swarm. She was still a target.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.