GOP2020: What Becomes Of The Collaborators Post-Trump?

< keep talking all your nonsense; because in 2010, the left (and everything else you're calling yourselves now) are going to get a big ass whipping...

I fear this punishment. But what do you think will happen at the polls?:wink:

...right is might now; that's all you need to know.

Posted By: Taurean
Posted By: tomSo is the GOP headed for being the party of the social conservatives and only the social conservatives? Where will the elite, non-hicks -- fiscal conservatives who want to stay out of your bedroom -- end up?

There seems to be a big opening here for centrist or fiscal Republicans to team up with the Blue Dogs to make a third party. And it would probably look a lot like the Republican party of the 50s - 70s.

I would support such a party.

-and how DO you do that green thingy?

we already have a party that looks "a lot like the Republican party of the 50s - 70s." Who pushes the Dem leadership around practically at will - the Progressive Caucus or the Blue Dogs?

Posted By: drummerboywe already have a party that looks "a lot like the Republican party of the 50s - 70s." Who pushes the Dem leadership around practically at will - the Progressive Caucus or the Blue Dogs?
Too true.

Posted By: Taurean-and how DO you do that green thingy?

Check 'HTML' rather than 'Text' before you post and the green thingy will magically appear.

Posted By: kathy

Check 'HTML' rather than 'Text' before you post and the green thingy will magically appear.

Bet it doesn't work for me. I am widely known as "Bob the Computer Slayer"

I must be losing my touch.

Posted By: kathy ... and the green thingy will magically appear.
Sorry, but that made me think of "The Great Gazoo" from the Flintstones -

Sounds cruel to say but this guy needs to relax and enjoy himself. Deep and loyal service to country and to people of AZ but may want to fade a bit as he's sounding crankier and crankier.

Senator John McCain on Tuesday expressed support for the plan to send 30,000 troops to Afghanistan, but said he objected to setting a date for an exit strategy to begin as early as 2011.
“Dates for withdrawal are dictated by conditions,” Mr. McCain told reporters on Capitol Hill. “The way that you win wars is to break the enemy’s will, not to announce dates that you are leaving.”
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/01/mccain-opposes-exit-deadline-for-troops/

Elites ala Rockefeller are comfortable with a strong defense and low(er) tax rates, and don't care what the size of government or deficits are. You know.....like the last 8 years which has got most of the GOP hacked off.

Moderates and centrists -- who need people on either side of them to discover their opinion -- are on the way out. Just today a Blue Dog announced his retirement (Tanner), and a GOP squish is running from his climate tax support to win a Senate race in IL (Kirk).

The people who seem to vote against their own self interests by supporting the GOP have a theoretical aversion to a politician who says he'll help them by taking stuff from another person and giving it to them. You need to explain to them that the states they live in are already doing that when you consider dollars flowing to DC and the dollars that return to their states. Tell them they should be happy and proud of themselves for making out at someone else's expense, and that they should try to get even more.

The GOP or the party of Archie McPhee? Who says cons aren't working hard in D.C.! Obstruction manuals and loads of rubber chickens show otherwise. Question: if I follow the obstruction manual, can I still get a rubber chicken to take home to the kiddies?
Insisting that it is "critical that Republican senators have a solid understanding of the minority's rights in the Senate," Gregg makes note of all the procedural tools the GOP can use before measures are considered, when they come to the floor and even after passage.
He highlights the use of hard quorum calls for any motion to proceed, as opposed to a far quicker unanimous consent provision. He reminds his colleagues that, absent unanimous consent, they can force the Majority Leader to read any "full-text substitute amendment." And when it comes to offering amendments to the health care bill, the New Hampshire Republican argues that it is the personification of "full, complete, and informed debate," to "offer an unlimited number of amendments -- germane or non-germane -- on any subject."

Tea Party Patriots Deliver Rubber Chickens to Senators - Dec. 2nd

Message to Senators: The chickens will come home to roost in 2010, and Americans are paying close attention to the health care legislation vote.
"On Wednesday, December 2nd at 11:30 am, Tea Party Patriots will have a special delivery for the Senators who voted in favor of cloture on the Reid Health Care Bill. Tea Party Patriots will deliver rubber chickens to Senators."

http://teapartypatriots.org/BlogPostView.aspx?id=06910abd-1566-4aed-9da8-a0666164f7e2

This thread needs a good psychological evaluation.

Posted By: cjcYou know.....like the last 8 years which has got most of the GOP hacked off.
Don't forget incompetence and corruption. Bush supporters started dropping away like autumn leaves after what Katrina revealed about how his administration worked.

Posted By: cjcElites ala Rockefeller are comfortable with a strong defense and low(er) tax rates, and don't care what the size of government or deficits are. You know.....like the last 8 years which has got most of the GOP hacked off.

Moderates and centrists -- who need people on either side of them to discover their opinion -- are on the way out. Just today a Blue Dog announced his retirement (Tanner), and a GOP squish is running from his climate tax support to win a Senate race in IL (Kirk).

The people who seem to vote against their own self interests by supporting the GOP have a theoretical aversion to a politician who says he'll help them by taking stuff from another person and giving it to them. You need to explain to them that the states they live in are already doing that when you consider dollars flowing to DC and the dollars that return to their states. Tell them they should be happy and proud of themselves for making out at someone else's expense, and that they should try to get even more.

cjc,
is that you?

:wink:

Posted By: kathy

Thanks a lot!!

Posted By: ajc

...right is might now; that's all you need to know.

Kinda sad that genuine conservatives give you a good argument, and you respond with cheap slogans.

Posted By: jdranoveThis thread needs a good psychological evaluation.

You're right jd. As Rummy gets laughed at by the very generals whom he commanded, and as Bush's civil rights practices are scrutinized by Congress, I'm getting way too manic. Then add the fun with Sarah's tour. Woo hoo!

OK, gotta go now. Getting late and things are beginning to get weirder and weirder...see ya...peace

(lurker and ktc posted earlier on this thread about this topic)

Reacting to prominent conservative blogger Charles Johnson's announcement that he would not follow the right wing off a cliff, Andrew Sullivan is offering his own reasons for parting with the movement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/03/andrew-sullivan-im-breaki_n_378625.html

I think it's a positive development that jdranove is now able to recognize the value of psychological evaluation.

Posted By: mjhI think it's a positive development that jdranove is now able to recognize the value of psychological evaluation.

:boogie::cheer::swingin:

analyzing the right is a great dsitraction from the usual MOL suspects ignoring their own mess right now...

and who cares what Charles Johnson thinks....

Lots of people on the right did. That is, as long as he agreed with them. Now he's a pariah, like Lindsey Graham.

Scrote, ya gotta grant us our enjoyment as this thread theme develops. Let's face it: there's lots of housekeeping to be done in that Party. The Dem house is a perennial mess because we have all sorts of views. But we know that and haven't tried to hide behind Jesus or general righteousness. As I've said, it's time to pay the piper; time for the chickens to come home to roost; time to realize all it all comes out in Monday's wash; oops, I've run out of clich

Posted By: GL2The Dem house is a perennial mess because we have all sorts of views. But we know that and haven't tried to hide behind Jesus or general righteousness.

Republicans aren't allowed freedom of thought. Dare not disagree on any one righteous declaration lest you be cast off like so many Lindsay Grahams no matter your good-soldier history.

For more on that see the parallel thread here, "Idiot Republicans," which sums it up nicely.

Another gem from the leader of the Republican Party, Rush Limbaugh:

Who are we targeting in health care? Old people. Rationing the care of old people...And then it hit me....What's the first thing Mao se Tung did? What was the cultural revolution? He took out the educated people. He took out people who had a cultural, historical memory of China's past.

Posted By: GL2Another gem from the leader of the Republican Party, Rush Limbaugh:

Who are we targeting in health care? Old people. Rationing the care of old people...And then it hit me....What's the first thing Mao se Tung did? What was the cultural revolution? He took out the educated people. He took out people who had a cultural, historical memory of China's past.

ha.
the irony is that Rush wishes someone would "take out" the educated people.

Anyone up for a "quitting the GOP statement by famous people" contest? Here's how it goes:

I'm quitting the GOP. These guys are too outrageous for me. - Amy Winehouse

I'm quitting the GOP because I find them too rude in public. - Kanye West

OK, you try it, MOL!

I'm quitting the GOP because they're lax on family values. - Tiger Woods

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.