Epstein Commits Suicide While on Suicide Watch (Maybe?)

PVW said:

Imagine if all inmates who died in custody got even a fraction of the attention Epstein's receiving. There's a "conspiracy" here, but it's a lot bigger than one rich white guy. I have to say, I thought the libertarians and I would be finding common ground on this one.

I’m inclined to believe that the authorities did want Epstein dead, and that a much simpler explanation is that they knew they had a prisoner who was a suicide risk and through malign neglect they allowed him the means and the opportunity to kill himself. 

Jailhouse suicide is common enough that people who wanted Epstein dead could simply have arranged circumstances that led him to that end. 

PVW said:

Imagine if all inmates who died in custody got even a fraction of the attention Epstein's receiving. There's a "conspiracy" here, but it's a lot bigger than one rich white guy. I have to say, I thought the libertarians and I would be finding common ground on this one.

What is the action item that you believe needs to take place arising from JE's demise in BOP custody?

terp said:

I am amazed that people would think there is no reason to ask questions.  I don't think RFA or anyone would claim that they know what happened, but the guards fell asleep, the cameras didn't work, and injuries consistent w/ a potential murder.  

And . . . a high-profile prisoner -- who was reported to "belong to intelligence" whose evidence and testimony was feared by hundreds of very wealthy and very powerful people -- who recently attempted suicide (according to officials) was taken off suicide-watch.

ml1 said:

RealityForAll said:

If so, I would expect that you would celebrate Baden's interpretation  of the autopsy evidence.  And, support a thorough and all encompassing investigation.  Such as whose DNA is/was found on the ligature that was attached to JE's neck.

I do support an investigation. Which I've told you before. 
I'm just asking questions of people like nan and Paul who are putting hypotheses forward that aren't making sense to me. I'm not suggesting it's "unassailable logic." I'm saying I have questions about their theories. Questions that they don't seem to want to answer. 

What hypothesis have I put forward?

paulsurovell said:

If you are saying you have none, then I’m glad to admit I’m wrong. 

ml1 said:

Then we’re even because I find the word “celebrate “ in relation to a death investigation to be creepy. 

If one is truly for an investigation it's perfectly appropriate to celebrate a development that moves us closer to having an investigation.

ml1 said:

paulsurovell said:

If you are saying you have none, then I’m glad to admit I’m wrong. 

I said a long time ago that I thought it was more likely that the authorities enabled a suicide (what you said above) than he was murdered.  Baden's assessment makes me more open to the possibility of a murder.

paulsurovell said:

I said a long time ago that I thought it was more likely that the authorities enabled a suicide (what you said above) than he was murdered.  Baden's assessment makes me more open to the possibility of a murder.

It’s that second one I was referring to. 

paulsurovell said:

If one is truly for an investigation it's perfectly appropriate to celebrate a development that moves us closer to having an investigation.

We can agree to disagree on this. If you look back, the repeated insistence that I should be celebrating this report seemed weird to me. 

And I also replied that I don’t see how the substance of the report adds to our knowledge in the case. Nearly 3 months ago the WaPo quoted another expert giving the same opinion on the cause of death. So what’s to “celebrate “ in this bit of old news?

RealityForAll said:

PVW said:

What is the action item that you believe needs to take place arising from JE's demise in BOP custody?

I'd start with this article:

I Tried to Tell the World About Epstein’s Jail. No One Wanted to Listen.

As ml1 noted, "Jailhouse suicide is common enough that people who wanted Epstein dead could simply have arranged circumstances that led him to that end." Action items would be directed toward jailhouse suicide not being so common. This is especially egregious for pre-trial facilities, where by definition the inmates have not been convicted of anything.

PVW said:

As ml1 noted, "Jailhouse suicide is common enough that people who wanted Epstein dead could simply have arranged circumstances that led him to that end." Action items would be directed toward jailhouse suicide not being so common. This is especially egregious for pre-trial facilities, where by definition the inmates have not been convicted of anything.

At the risk of arguing semantics again, this is part of why I objected to the word "celebrate" being used in any connection to this case. Epstein's life and death were sordid, the crimes he's accused of are horrific. The protection he apparently received from rich and powerful people was disgusting. So an investigation into the details of what happened in the MCC should be supported and encouraged. But "celebrated"?  Nah. 

ml1 said:

So the theory is that he was so dangerous to the deep state that they would go into a prison cell and murder him in the presence of guards, but he wasn't so dangerous previously that they'd take a much easier opportunity to kill him?

I just skipped a lot of posts and replied to this one.

While he was a free man, it was a greater risk to try and kill him. He was keeping his mouth shut.

Once he was incarcerated and much more likely to sell out a bunch of wealthy and powerful people to save his own skin, the balance of risk changed. 

You're going to have to watch a lot more Shonda Rimes TV if we're going to have a meaningful discussion. 

mrincredible said:

I just skipped a lot of posts and replied to this one.

While he was a free man, it was a greater risk to try and kill him. He was keeping his mouth shut.

Once he was incarcerated and much more likely to sell out a bunch of wealthy and powerful people to save his own skin, the balance of risk changed. 

You're going to have to watch a lot more Shonda Rimes TV if we're going to have a meaningful discussion. 

The plot thickens!   Good analysis there, mrincredible.  I googled Shonda Rimes.  

I feel like it's not an impossible theory, but it's probably the workings of an imagination fueled by too many potboiler thrillers.

ml1 said:

paulsurovell said:

It’s that second one I was referring to. 

Disingenuous.

I wrote that after you wrote this.

ml1 said:

I'm just asking questions of people like nan and Paul who are putting hypotheses forward that aren't making sense to me.

And you should reconsider the phrase "people like nan and Paul".  It doesn't reflect well on someone who purports to be open-minded.

paulsurovell said:

Wow @nohero has flipped.

How has he flipped?  Looks like he just posted a link.  What do you think will be revealed?

Lets cut to the chase - Do we know why Hillary had Epstein killed?  

jamie said:

Lets cut to the chase - Do we know why Hillary had Epstein killed?  

We know why Hillary would have Epstein killed.  We just don't know if she did it. I'm guessing "no." 

jamie said:

paulsurovell said:

Wow @nohero has flipped.

How has he flipped?  Looks like he just posted a link.  What do you think will be revealed?

The dude is reading Gateway Pundit.

paulsurovell said:

jamie said:

paulsurovell said:

Wow @nohero has flipped.

The dude is reading Gateway Pundit.

The dude is reading people who share articles like that and say, "Can you believe these jackasses?" 

nan said:

We know why Hillary would have Epstein killed.

ml1 said:

PVW said:

At the risk of arguing semantics again, this is part of why I objected to the word "celebrate" being used in any connection to this case. Epstein's life and death were sordid, the crimes he's accused of are horrific. The protection he apparently received from rich and powerful people was disgusting. So an investigation into the details of what happened in the MCC should be supported and encouraged. But "celebrated"?  Nah. 

ml1, your nose is growing.

ml1 said:

LOL. What in the actual ****?

Link1:  https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/15/george-stephanopoulos-epstein-dinner/

Link2:  https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07/09/jeffrey-epsteins-social-contacts-with-katie-couric-george-stephanopoulos-other-celebs-scrutinized/

==============================================

Excerpt from above linked story1:

ABC host George Stephanopoulos said he regrets dining with Jeffrey Epstein about a year after the accused sex trafficker finished his first stint in jail for pleading guilty to soliciting an underage prostitute.

“That dinner was the first and last time I’ve seen him,” Stephanopoulos said in an email to The New York Times. “I should have done more due diligence. It was a mistake to go.”

Epstein hosted Stephanopoulos and a slew of other media insiders — including news anchors Katie Couric and Charlie Rose, comedian Chelsea Handler and director Woody Allen — at his Manhattan townhome in December 2010 for a chance to meet Prince Andrew, who at the time was fourth in line to the British throne, The Daily Beast reported in 2011.

Link:  https://www.npr.org/2019/11/05/776482189/abc-news-defends-its-epstein-coverage-after-leaked-video-of-anchor

Brief Excerpt from the above NPR link:

ABC News Defends Its Epstein Coverage After Leaked Video Of Anchor

November 5, 20197:14 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered
DAVID FOLKENFLIK

A newly surfaced video of an ABC News anchor's unguarded remarks about the network's coverage of the late Jeffrey Epstein has thrown ABC on the defensive.

In a leaked video posted Tuesday by the right-wing activist group Project Veritas, news anchor Amy Robach expresses her frustration to a colleague over ABC's failure to broadcast her interview with a key accuser of Epstein.

Robach complains that the network "quashed" her interview, suggesting that ABC had yielded to threats from powerful forces, including Buckingham Palace. Prince Andrew is among those men whom the accuser alleges Epstein trafficked her to for sex. The prince's representatives have denied that claim.

ABC News executives say their journalists were simply not able to corroborate the details of the reporting sufficiently for broadcast.

"We would never run away from that," Chris Vlasto, head of investigations for ABC News, tells NPR. The network has filed approximately two dozen digital and broadcast stories on Epstein since early 2015, when ABC started talking to the accuser, Virginia Roberts Giuffre.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.