Election Lessons and Observations

Sorry Tom, I have to confess I don't remember the thrust of your statement. I might have been busy counting heads at that point, and missed the important part of your comments. I have a much better recollection of the conversation we had at the Parkwood several weeks before the meeting. But, no matter - whatever you say here about the statement you made at the MDC meeting is undoubtedly true, and I apologize for my error.

Wow, the cabal goes all Game of Thrones.

ml1 said:
if I was wealthy enough that money wasn't a concern, out of curiosity I'd do a scientific poll of Maplewoodians on the PO issue. My guess is that the majority of residents don't actually care one way or the other.

You could say that about most issues in most elections. People either don't care or vote for the people who get them most worked about various issues.

apple44 said:
I always thought The Spectrum was between JFK Stadium and Veterans Stadium.

Now you're just pandering to the OP.

Posted by Fred Profeta: "Sorry Tom, I have to confess I don't remember the thrust of your statement. I might have been busy counting heads at that point, and missed the important part of your comments. I have a much better recollection of the conversation we had at the Parkwood several weeks before the meeting. But, no matter - whatever you say here about the statement you made at the MDC meeting is undoubtedly true, and I apologize for my error.".....always the good politician, apologizing when called out on a "misstatement of fact", and relying that the impression was already made. And not to mention "too busy counting heads" to listen to input from other MDC members...but none of this is really about politics....

Yes, no doubt that half hour when his comment remained unchallenged left an indelible mark on the masses who have been following this thread.

The timing of Mr. Carlson's post exposing the untruth really isn't the point, nor is the limited number of people who read this. The point is that comfort in being a bit loose with the truth is nothing new here.

ice, I like to spar with my friend Fred, and he and I often live up to our respective stereotypes of litigator and engineer.

DaveSchmidt said:
I'm not interested in agreeing or disagreeing, mjh. I'm interested in learning, in the hope of understanding, what standards in this election, however subjective, would lead someone to reject the legacy of a community leader they previously admired. If neither you nor anybody else wants to elaborate, that's fine. My loss.

I don't know maybe using a non-profit theoretically formed to advocate for smarter/better/different policy on a specific development to then support a political candidate and then I don't know use it to sue the town hence suing all of us.

That would be some sand in my swim trunks for sure.

ml1 said:
if I was wealthy enough that money wasn't a concern, out of curiosity I'd do a scientific poll of Maplewoodians on the PO issue. My guess is that the majority of residents don't actually care one way or the other.

Ml 1 I can't give you numbers but I will tell you from campaigning experience...... a lot of people in Maplewood don 't even know there is a Post Office Controversy.

What can you do?

CapnMarko said:

DaveSchmidt said:
I'm not interested in agreeing or disagreeing, mjh. I'm interested in learning, in the hope of understanding, what standards in this election, however subjective, would lead someone to reject the legacy of a community leader they previously admired. If neither you nor anybody else wants to elaborate, that's fine. My loss.
I don't know maybe using a non-profit theoretically formed to advocate for smarter/better/different policy on a specific development to then support a political candidate and then I don't know use it to sue the town hence suing all of us.

That would be some sand in my swim trunks for sure.

Check those trunks. They should be feeling very beachy right about now.

An impressive number of those who voted sent out the message loud and clear that they are interested

in something other then the Kings Folly building.

Define "impressive number". Lembrich got 1500 votes. There are about 9000 registered Democrats and perhaps 12000 registered voters altogether. A good number of Greg's votes may have come from those opposed to the proposed plan for a mixed-use building, but not all his votes. And Nancy got over 1500 votes.

It's all spin.

I'm guessing when they were deciding on slogans, "Keep the Village Tied Up in Litigation" probably didn't get very far. But probably would have been more accurate.

I happened to be at the MDC meeting as well. In fact, I chaired it. As a result, I saved my comments until the very end, giving everyone there the opportunity to be heard and engaged in the discussion. I mentioned being impressed with Greg, but wholeheartedly expressed my support for both Nancy AND Jerry.

OK, so Fred didn't remember that either.

iangrodman said:
I happened to be at the MDC meeting as well. In fact, I chaired it. As a result, I saved my comments until the very end, giving everyone there the opportunity to be heard and engaged in the discussion. I mentioned being impressed with Greg, but wholeheartedly expressed my support for both Nancy AND Jerry.

Based on my observations of Maplewood past, I have perceived you as a sort of 'Fred Profeta's Jerry Ryan'. (I hope you don't take offense to this, I certainly mean none.) Interesting that your announcement here is in direct contradiction with Mr. Profeta's statement a few posts above.

So now even Ian Grodman, Fred's one-time running mate, is calling out Fred for 'mis-statements of fact'. Add to that the offensive way his group has brought a lawsuit against the town....Fred really has turned to the Dark Side.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.