Democrats, Can We Agree?

lord_pabulum said:
PVW said:
lord_pabulum said:
drummerboy said:

didn't know where to post this, so here it is.

A prominent Republican intellectual finally lets out the Republican secret - that the base is racist.

What a shock.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12256510/republican-party-trump-avik-roy

You need to better than posting a Vox link. Remember Vox implored "If Trump comes to your town, start a riot."

The editor who encouraged rioting was fired. Because that's what you're supposed to do when people go over the line and encourage or engage in unacceptable behavior. Which segues nicely to the original link, where conservative intellectual Avik Roy says that "the Republican Party has lost its right to govern, because it is driven by white nationalism rather than a true commitment to equality for all Americans."

The person running the DNC had to resign so what.  Vox is like Fox.  No news here

Are you just free associating here, or were you trying to say something? Cause at first it seemed like you had a problem with people encouraging violence - and I agreed with you, and pointed out that Vox did too. Hence their firing of the editor. But now you're just kind of randomly naming organizations, so I must have been wrong about your initial point.

lord_pabulum said:
drummerboy said:

didn't know where to post this, so here it is.

A prominent Republican intellectual finally lets out the Republican secret - that the base is racist.

What a shock.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12256510/republican-party-trump-avik-roy

You need to better than posting a Vox link. Remember Vox implored "If Trump comes to your town, start a riot."

It's not just a "vox link". It's the words and thoughts of a prominent Republican, which you would know if you had bothered to read it rather than dismiss it out of hand.

Just saying "Vox link" is like saying, "Oh, Huffington Post".  It's a meaningless dismissal.  These are websites that carry pieces by different authors.  A meaningful comment would require checking who the author is.

I hadn't heard of Mr. Roy, either, so looked him up.

"Avik Roy is a former senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute. He is also the opinion editor at Forbes, and has advised Florida Sen. Marco Rubio on policy. In 2015, Roy was a senior advisor to former Texas governor Rick Perry; in 2012, he served as a health care policy advisor to Mitt Romney."

https://www.manhattan-institute.org/expert/avik-roy

Probably not someone who I would agree with politically, but interesting as a witness to the attitudes he describes in that article.

ridski said:
LOST said:

I don't know much about Dick Morris.

Bill Kristol may be a wonderful person. He is just always wrong.

Nah, I'm pretty sure he's smug little f**k in real life, too.

The creepy smile alone...

It's hard to be wrong as often as Kristol is.  In politics there should be a Kristol corollary to the Costanza Rule. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.