Burger Pix!

Not Challah, but it is egg glazed with a sprinkling of poppy seeds. From Pechter's in Harrison-and they just recently changed from a locally bought Kaiser roll.

I like ketchup on my hamburgers. My favorite cheese is blue, but only if it is sprinkled on the top after the burger is cooked. St. James Gate makes them this way. Maybe I am a little weird, but I don't use anything but salt, preferably sea salt, on my french fries. Pan fries are another story.

I know some places like the Old Homestead in Manhattan make their own ketchup, but Heinz is the only decent commercial ketchup imho.

Stony's Bomber Bacon Cheese Burger! Sauteed mushrooms, Red Onions, Fresh Jalapeno, Pickles, Tomatoes, Shredded Lettuce, Ketchup, Mayo, and splash of Smoked BBQ Sauce, Well Done Fries, and a nice Dill Pickle!!!! BANG! And all FREE toppings.

Wow, just Wow to Stony's!

Beautiful!

Best Regards,
Ron Carter

The fries could be better-done. Just sayin'...

-s.

Boxcar Grill at Short Hills train station has a delicious burger. I have no doubt its Pat Lafrieda beef. Small, with a special sauce that is very dill-like. Potato bun but a thin potato bun. Really really good, and reasonably priced at $8

soda said:

How do you feel about (A) is it ketchup or catsup?, and (2) yea or nay: Is ketchup a required addition for you to enjoy a hamburger or would you rather save it for the fries?

-s.

A =Ketchup

(2) = Ketchup is not always required. I love the flavor of a nicely prepared burger. To me, ketchup disguises the flavor. However, I will occasionally need to try and enhance the flavor with Heinz 57.

Thread drift...

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/03/want-real-eggs-at-mcdonalds-just-ask.html?ref=excerpt_readmore

-s.

HEY! May is National Burger Month, so I drove to Morristown to try a Don's Pizzaburger. Very OK, but not exactly celebratory... The Don's Dog with sautéed onions, OTOH, made me quite happy. Saw folks downing the onion rings, and they looked pretty excited... So I guess all's well at Don's in Morristown.

Anyhow... enjoy my favorite burger-dedicated website's update on some of this month's activities for burger lovers:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/05/happy-national-hamburger-month.html?ref=pop_a_hamburger_today

-s.

FREEBIE TIME!!!

On May 28, all Smashburger locations nationwide are giving away one free Classic Smash to people whose name is a variation of Burger or Berger (Weinberger, Rosenberger, etc.) with proof of ID.

Spread it around, and you can all go together! Smashburger F2F?

-s.

BTW: Michael Goldberg & I might attend, paying full price...

It's National Burger DAY! Oboy! Cross-post!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/05/happy-national-burger-day.html

-s.

Next time you're down visiting the Oracle you can visit our newly built Shake Shack, and then compare it to Charm City Burgers in Deerfield.

The Oracle's offline, but sez those places need to appear on a local blog to get his attention:

http://bestburgersinboca.blogspot.com/

Go in peace.

-s.

What a crap blog: Applebee's got a 10?

By the way Charm City does appear in that blog.

Hey, what do I know?

-s.

Happy National Cheeseburger Day!

-s.

Give me a rec for the best burger I can have this weekend.

I'm thinkin'...

-s.

I guess Michelle reads MOL...

-s.

White Manna, Hackensack, NJ

soda said:

Thread drift...

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/03/want-real-eggs-at-mcdonalds-just-ask.html?ref=excerpt_readmore

-s.

Most important post of the year.

canismajor said:

In the 80s, McDonald's had an ill-fated burger called the Cheddar Melt. It was a 1/4 pound patty with cheddar cheese sauce and grilled onions on a rye bun. It was absolutely delicious and to this day I mourn its discontinuance.

Just so you know, they still have this cheddar burguer on the menu in Brazil. I eat one every time I go there cheese

Gioamorim said:

canismajor said:

In the 80s, McDonald's had an ill-fated burger called the Cheddar Melt. It was a 1/4 pound patty with cheddar cheese sauce and grilled onions on a rye bun. It was absolutely delicious and to this day I mourn its discontinuance.

Just so you know, they still have this cheddar burguer on the menu in Brazil. I eat one every time I go there cheese

Oh, wow, I remember those, too! And I wasn't really a McDonald's fan (Burger King for me). But not any more for either of them because of the gluten thing.

This is one from a place in Brooklyn (a ramen burger):

Went to Hat Tavern in the Grand Summit Hotel. They have a really great Burger menu, La Frieda beef, all kinds of combos including the "New Chris Christie Skinny burger" ...Wed nights are Burger nights. $8 for traditional burger with lettuce, tomato, onion and delicious fries... add whatever toppings you like for .75 each.

Really. REALLY. Good. Check in on Yelp and you save another 10%. Great deal.

I wonder what will become of the Stuft Shirt...

-s.

I enjoyed my Medium Rare Bomber Burger with cheddar, grilled onions, & A-1 Sauce yesterday at Stony's... Why don't more burger places stock A-1? A burger is steak, yes?

-s.

BTW: Answering my question (above) from 10/13: Something wonderful!

Glad they're there, but "wonderful" is more than a little bit hyperbolic.

You know what? You're not wrong, burger-wise, but have you consulted with an arciologist to confirm your opinion?

-s.

BTW: IMHO anyhow, what's wonderful is the PLACE, more than any specific menu item...

Actually I disagree - their burger is quite good but, overall, I'd give them (at best) a "Meh."

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Help Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Advertisement

Advertise here!