Bill Browder and the Magnitsky Act. Humanitarian Act or Big Scam?

nan said:

South_Mountaineer said:

nan said:

Oh, looks like I predicted right about Hillary and Rachel: 

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1042228262490046464
 This guy writes: "Clinton tells that she was an obstacle to Russia's plan to undermine our democracy & suggests we should be scared of the Kremlin's grand designs. The lengths these people will go to protect their privilege & deflect from their own failures is staggering, & a real threat."
Manafort plead guilty to trying to smear Hillary Clinton when she was Secretary of State, to influence U.S. policy and protect his client the President of Ukraine.  It's not that much of a leap to the claim about interference in 2016.
 No that is a big leap.  But, I'm sure Clinton and Maddow and nohero, I mean SouthMtner, can handle it.

Speaking for myself - Manafort admitted to "dirty tricks" to help a pro-Russian politician smear Hillary Clinton, back when she was Secretary of State.  There's an old joke where the punch line is, "We've already established what you are, now we're haggling."  We've already established that Manfort would do something like that, we're just haggling about the 2016 election.

nan said:

South_Mountaineer said:

nan said:

South_Mountaineer said:

The guys a conspiracy-monger, who hopes you won't factcheck him.
Look at his description of Browder:
How does this no-name guy in the mid-1990’s, fresh ‘off the boat’ as it were, convince someone to give him $25 million in CASH to go around Russia buying up privatization vouchers at less than pennies on the dollar? 
It simply doesn’t pass a basic sniff test.
Look at what the financial press says about the start of his Russian investment company, Hermitage:
Graduating with an MBA in 1989, the year the Berlin Wall fell, Browder decided to pursue opportunities in Eastern Europe. While working in the region for Boston Consulting Group and later Salomon Brothers, he saw how Soviet bloc countries like Poland and Russia were privatizing companies at absurdly low valuations. He soon realized there was a lucrative opportunity for investors to buy in cheaply to the post-Soviet Russian economy.

In 1996, Browder set up Hermitage with $25 million from the late Edmond Safra, a renowned banker. Browder moved to Moscow and focused on undervalued Russian companies overlooked by mainstream securities researchers. By the end of its first year, the Hermitage Fund soared to $100 million. Eighteen months after launching, it was worth $1 billion.
https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/bill-browder-warning-against-investment-russia
Browder wasn't "fresh off the boat".  Safra was a billionaire.  Luongo's claim that Browder getting funds to set up Hermitage "doesn't pass the sniff test" is just an enormous lie to support his conspiracy claim:
But, here the rub. In The Davos Crowd’s single-minded drive to destroy Russia, which has been going on now for close to two generations in various ways, they are willing to undermine the very institutions on which a great deal of their power rests.
Yes, it's an international banking conspiracy against Russia going back 40 years.  Maybe part of the International Jewish Conspiracy (Browder's family is Jewish, as was his billionaire partner, Safra).  Does Luongo get George Soros involved in all this, also?
Thanks for showing an example of where all this anti-Browder propaganda is really coming from.
 This guy may be something of a nut, but Bill Browder is still a liar and a fake. You keep saying it is "propaganda" but the propaganda is Browder's story.  As I have shown in this thread, Browder does not have evidence to back up his claim, especially when he was cross-examined under oath.  You can scream conspiracy theory all you want, but instead, why don't you produce actual evidence to show that Browder's great "lawyer" (who never lost a case cause he was not even a lawyer) was killed because he was exposing corruption. 
 "This guy may be something of a nut"?  He's more than that.  You posted the article, and it was pretty easy to show that your author was lying.  You're trying a "whatabout" - and I don't have to "produce actual evidence to show that Browder's great "lawyer" (who never lost a case cause he was not even a lawyer) was killed because he was exposing corruption."
First off, whether Magnitsky was a lawyer or an accountant is a red herring.  Apparently, he was an accountant who worked for a law firm.  Big deal.  And second, if you're relying on obvious fake claims to undercut Browder, you can't just say "Never mind, prove me wrong".  
 What is the author lying about?  And yes, you need to show evidence that Browder's "lawyer" was killed for revealing financial fraud.  Browder said he was deliberately beaten and killed because he was exposing corruption.  Where is the evidence for that?  Not there.  And it is important that he was an accountant, because accountants set up shell companies and this guy had been working for Browder for 10 years. He was not someone just hired that Browder did not know. So where is the evidence?  Cause there is evidence in the form of sworn testimony to contradict Browder's story.

The answer to your question, "What is the author lying about, is highlighted in the quoted post, above.

I didn't write that Magnitsky was "someone just hired that Browder didn't know".  It's hard enough to respond to nonsense responses to stuff I did write; I'm not going to deal with responses to claims I wrote something that I didn't.

South_Mountaineer said:

nan said:

South_Mountaineer said:

nan said:

South_Mountaineer said:

The guys a conspiracy-monger, who hopes you won't factcheck him.
Look at his description of Browder:
How does this no-name guy in the mid-1990’s, fresh ‘off the boat’ as it were, convince someone to give him $25 million in CASH to go around Russia buying up privatization vouchers at less than pennies on the dollar? 
It simply doesn’t pass a basic sniff test.
Look at what the financial press says about the start of his Russian investment company, Hermitage:
Graduating with an MBA in 1989, the year the Berlin Wall fell, Browder decided to pursue opportunities in Eastern Europe. While working in the region for Boston Consulting Group and later Salomon Brothers, he saw how Soviet bloc countries like Poland and Russia were privatizing companies at absurdly low valuations. He soon realized there was a lucrative opportunity for investors to buy in cheaply to the post-Soviet Russian economy.

In 1996, Browder set up Hermitage with $25 million from the late Edmond Safra, a renowned banker. Browder moved to Moscow and focused on undervalued Russian companies overlooked by mainstream securities researchers. By the end of its first year, the Hermitage Fund soared to $100 million. Eighteen months after launching, it was worth $1 billion.
https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/bill-browder-warning-against-investment-russia
Browder wasn't "fresh off the boat".  Safra was a billionaire.  Luongo's claim that Browder getting funds to set up Hermitage "doesn't pass the sniff test" is just an enormous lie to support his conspiracy claim:
But, here the rub. In The Davos Crowd’s single-minded drive to destroy Russia, which has been going on now for close to two generations in various ways, they are willing to undermine the very institutions on which a great deal of their power rests.
Yes, it's an international banking conspiracy against Russia going back 40 years.  Maybe part of the International Jewish Conspiracy (Browder's family is Jewish, as was his billionaire partner, Safra).  Does Luongo get George Soros involved in all this, also?
Thanks for showing an example of where all this anti-Browder propaganda is really coming from.
 This guy may be something of a nut, but Bill Browder is still a liar and a fake. You keep saying it is "propaganda" but the propaganda is Browder's story.  As I have shown in this thread, Browder does not have evidence to back up his claim, especially when he was cross-examined under oath.  You can scream conspiracy theory all you want, but instead, why don't you produce actual evidence to show that Browder's great "lawyer" (who never lost a case cause he was not even a lawyer) was killed because he was exposing corruption. 
 "This guy may be something of a nut"?  He's more than that.  You posted the article, and it was pretty easy to show that your author was lying.  You're trying a "whatabout" - and I don't have to "produce actual evidence to show that Browder's great "lawyer" (who never lost a case cause he was not even a lawyer) was killed because he was exposing corruption."
First off, whether Magnitsky was a lawyer or an accountant is a red herring.  Apparently, he was an accountant who worked for a law firm.  Big deal.  And second, if you're relying on obvious fake claims to undercut Browder, you can't just say "Never mind, prove me wrong".  
 What is the author lying about?  And yes, you need to show evidence that Browder's "lawyer" was killed for revealing financial fraud.  Browder said he was deliberately beaten and killed because he was exposing corruption.  Where is the evidence for that?  Not there.  And it is important that he was an accountant, because accountants set up shell companies and this guy had been working for Browder for 10 years. He was not someone just hired that Browder did not know. So where is the evidence?  Cause there is evidence in the form of sworn testimony to contradict Browder's story.
 The answer to your question, "What is the author lying about, is highlighted in the quoted post, above.
I didn't write that Magnitsky was "someone just hired that Browder didn't know".  It's hard enough to respond to nonsense responses to stuff I did write; I'm not going to deal with responses to claims I wrote something that I didn't.

Those are not lies; those are opinions.  You might not agree, but a case can be made for that view.  It's not factually incorrect.  

nan said:

Those are not lies; those are opinions.  You might not agree, but a case can be made for that view.  It's not factually incorrect.  

No, he knew Browder's business background, and he decided to lie about it as if Browder just showed up with money having never looked at businesses in Russia before.  

South_Mountaineer said:

nan said:Those are not lies; those are opinions.  You might not agree, but a case can be made for that view.  It's not factually incorrect.  

No, he knew Browder's business background, and he decided to lie about it as if Browder just showed up with money having never looked at businesses in Russia before.  

Looking at businesses in Russia is not the same as working there in the 1990's.  This was a whole new world of capitalist Russia that Browder was arriving at and he was pioneering the rape and pillage of Russian assets.  Are you saying he had done that before?

Browder wasn't just showing up and investing in Russia all of a sudden.   His father was born in Moscow.  Browder knew local markets, when to invest, what to avoid, etc.  To say that he was positioning to 'rape' newly forming open markets, especially good investments like Gazprom, is hyperbole.  Making money -- a lot of money -- is not illegal.   Murder is, though.  Unless the victims are journalists exposing Putin, of course. 

dave said:
Browder wasn't just showing up and investing in Russia all of a sudden.   His father was born in Moscow.  Browder knew local markets, when to invest, what to avoid, etc.  To say that he was positioning to 'rape' newly forming open markets, especially good investments like Gazprom, is hyperbole.  Making money -- a lot of money -- is not illegal.   Murder is, though.  Unless the victims are journalists exposing Putin, of course. 

His parents were in science and/or mathematics (PhDs)  and the Russia his father knew was nothing like he encountered in the 1990s. Bowder does not speak Russian. But, he was definitely looking to make a killing in the market. Here's a quote from the Krainor book:

In the late 1980s he started his professional career. At that time, the communist block was facing a grave social and economic crisis. Sensing opportunity, Browder sought out consulting projects in Eastern Europe and by 1990 his employer, the Boston Consulting Group sent him on assignment to Poland, where he made his first personal financial investment in the post-communist world and acquired the taste for equity bargains. His investment in Polish privatization program appreciated ten-fold in a short time, giving him the sensation he characterizes as “the financial equivalent of smoking crack cocaine. Once you’ve done it, you want to repeat it over and over and over as many times as you can.”

You are right that making a lot of money is not illegal, per say, but it depends on how you make it.  Browder has lots of money in shell companies and he is doing what he can to stop any investigation.  He was also convicted of tax fraud and sentenced to nine years in prison.  He has yet to produced evidence that he he is innocent.   Also, you are right that murder is illegal, but his lawyer-accountant has not been shown to have been murdered.  There is evidence, however, that Browder could have gotten him out of jail, but he did not.  A dead Magnitsky is much better for Browder than it is for Putin. 

I can't for the life of me figure out why Browder wanted his fund involved in the world's largest oil producing nation, can you?

The Krainer book is just a way for Krainer to drum up book sales on this story, a parasite feeding off of Russian corruption, a maze of misleading news outlets, willing dupes, "if you read this, you may also enjoy this" Facebook AI, and the murder of a guy who stood up to Russia's corrupt legal system.  Moreover, you misunderstand how shell companies work.  You don't understand British citizens are not subject to a tax on global income (Browder is British).  You think that legally avoiding taxes is illegal.  You can't spell Krainer's name correctly in repeated posts, often misspell Browder's name, mix up accounts of various narratives in long quotes (sometimes attributed, sometimes not), continually petition readers to watch propaganda videos with unsourced reportage, demand we not invest time with "MSM" which actually have the budgets and resources to cover the news properly, leaving readers to conclude either you're not really following the facts to their logical conclusions or are deliberately throwing sand in our eyes with nonsensical rapid-fire rebuttals.  Worst of all, you give cover to Putin's continuing violence against minority groups in Russia and journalists, his military incursions into neighboring states, not to mention poisoning our allies in England.

This thread will be closed at the end of the month, as it has passed its freshness date.  Feel free to start a new one, though.

dave said:
I can't for the life of me figure out why Browder wanted his fund involved in the world's largest oil producing nation, can you?
The Krainer book is just a way for Krainer to drum up book sales on this story, a parasite feeding off of Russian corruption, a maze of misleading news outlets, willing dupes, "if you read this, you may also enjoy this" Facebook AI, and the murder of a guy who stood up to Russia's corrupt legal system.  Moreover, you misunderstand how shell companies work.  You don't understand British citizens are not subject to a tax on global income (Browder is British).  You think that legally avoiding taxes is illegal.  You can't spell Krainer's name correctly in repeated posts, often misspell Browder's name, mix up accounts of various narratives in long quotes (sometimes attributed, sometimes not), continually petition readers to watch propaganda videos with unsourced reportage, demand we not invest time with "MSM" which actually have the budgets and resources to cover the news properly, leaving readers to conclude either you're not really following the facts to their logical conclusions or are deliberately throwing sand in our eyes with nonsensical rapid-fire rebuttals.  Worst of all, you give cover to Putin's continuing violence against minority groups in Russia and journalists, his military incursions into neighboring states, not to mention poisoning our allies in England.
This thread will be closed at the end of the month, as it has passed its freshness date.  Feel free to start a new one, though.

If you believe Browder's story, than you have a lot more problems than my spelling (which is caused by a learning disability).  I don't give coverage to Putin; I'm anti-war, and anti-regime change.  I don't want World War 3 started partially based on some guy's fake narrative.  Browder's tax avoidance in Russia, was not legal which is why he was convicted and we don't know if his shell companies are legal because he won't allow an investigation.  Clearly you are brainwashed by neocons such as Gary Kasporov, who should stick to chess. 

I will not be starting another thread, only to have it shoved to the sub-basement and then closed.  I will probably not be posting on MOL anymore.  I don't feel welcome here. 

dave said:

Dave - While your summary of the themes and characteristics of this thread is spot on, I disagree that there's any reason to shut it down.  Nothing new has come out regarding the title issue.  If other issues get tossed in by Ms. Nan, as opposed to starting a new thread with a more specific focus, that's her choice.  

I realize that I've been as guilty as anyone in thinking that, "If I don't respond to a post, someone will think that post is accurate."  I have to remind myself that it doesn't matter if the same wrong points are repeated and not refuted a second (or third) (or fourth) time.  So long as they're still here in this thread, it really doesn't matter.

So please don't put this thread out of its misery.  Thank you KoA.

What if I don't believe either Browder or the Russian government's version of the story?

ridski said:
What if I don't believe either Browder or the Russian government's version of the story?

That would make you "born agnostic" on the Magnitsky Act issue.   cheese 

nohero said:

ridski said:
 That would make you "born agnostic" on the Magnitsky Act issue.   cheese 

LOL! Nice one.

In reality, though, a conclusion I reached after reading some of both versions.

Well, here is a rarity:  a journalist who actually looked into the Browder case and was not afraid to report his discovery.  

The Magnitsky affair: the confession of a hustled hack

A Cypriot journalist’s confession of how he too fell for the wrong account of the Magnitsky Affair

http://theduran.com/the-magnitsky-affair-the-confession-of-a-hustled-hack/

excerpt:

Before getting down to brass tacks, let me say that I loathe penning articles like this; loathe writing about myself or in the first person, because a reporter should report the news, not be the news. Yet I grudgingly make this exception because, ironically, it happens to be newsworthy. To cut to the chase, it concerns Anglo-American financier Bill Browder and the Sergei Magnitsky affair. I, like others in the news business I’d venture to guess, feel led astray by Browder.

Browder’s basic story, as he has told it time and again, goes like this: in June 2007, Russian police officers raided the Moscow offices of Browder’s firm Hermitage, confiscating company seals, certificates of incorporation, and computers.

Browder says the owners and directors of Hermitage-owned companies were subsequently changed, using these seized documents. Corrupt courts were used to create fake debts for these companies, which allowed for the taxes they had previously paid to the Russian Treasury to be refunded to what were now re-registered companies. The funds stolen from the Russian state were then laundered through banks and shell companies.

In my first article, I wrote: “Magnitsky, a 37-year-old Russian accountant, died in jail in 2009 after he exposed huge tax embezzlement…”

False. Contrary to the above story that has been rehashed countless times, Magnitsky did not expose any tax fraud, did not blow the whistle.

Interrogation reports show that Magnitsky had in fact been summoned by Russian authorities as a witness to an already ongoing investigation into Hermitage. Nor he did he accuse Russian investigators Karpov and/or Kuznetsov of committing the $230 million treasury fraud, as Browder claims.

Magnitsky did not disclose the theft. He first mentioned it in testimony in October 2008. But it had already been reported in the New York Times on July 24, 2008.

In reality, the whistleblower was a certain Rimma Starova. She worked for one of the implicated shell companies and, having read in the papers that authorities were investigating, went to police to give testimony in April 2008 – six months before Magnitsky spoke of the scam for the first time (see here and here).

Why, then, did I report that about Magnitsky? Because at the time my sole source for the story was Team Browder, who had reached out to the Cyprus Mail and with whom I communicated via email. I was provided with ‘information’, flow charts and so on. All looking very professional and compelling.

At the time of the first article, I knew next to nothing about the Magnitsky/Browder affair. I had to go through media reports to get the gist, and then get up to speed with Browder’s latest claims that a Cypriot law firm, which counted the Hermitage Fund among its clients, had just been ‘raided’ by Cypriot police.

For the second article, I conversed briefly on the phone with the soft-spoken Browder himself, who handed down the gospel on the Magnitsky affair. Under the time constraints, and trusting that my sources could at least be relied upon for basic information which they presented as facts, I went along with it.

I was played. But let’s be clear: I let myself down too.

In the ensuing weeks and months, I didn’t follow up on the story as my gut told me something was wrong: villains and malign actors operating in a Wild West Russia, and at the centre of it all, a heroic Magnitsky who paid with his life – the kind of script that Hollywood execs would kill for.

theduran is a major soutce for Russian propaganda.  Please stop.

jamie said:

CNN and MSNBC give Bill Browder a free pass and never ask him a challenging question.  This guy is a real journalist, not a stenographer like your favorite sources. 

nan said:

jamie said:
 CNN and MSNBC give Bill Browder a free pass and never ask him a challenging question.  This guy is a real journalist, not a stenographer like your favorite sources. 

I can’t believe you don't research your sources better and keep gullibly falling for what they're feeding you.  Please use one source that isn’t a Russian propaganda mill.Then people may start to take you serious.  

jamie said:
heres a good read
https://www.weeklystandard.com/holmes-lybrand/how-the-russian-propaganda-machine-turns-out-seriously-fake-news

Yuck.

The nickname of the Weely Standard is the "Neocon Bible."   You keep telling me to watch out for propaganda and then you use extreme propaganda to make your point.  

We just disagree.  I'm anti-war.  You are a neocon.  Not going to work.

nan said:

jamie said:
heres a good read
https://www.weeklystandard.com/holmes-lybrand/how-the-russian-propaganda-machine-turns-out-seriously-fake-news
 Yuck.
The nickname of the Weely Standard is the "Neocon Bible."   You keep telling me to watch out for propaganda and then you use extreme propaganda to make your point.  

I thought you were leaving ? And you wonder why some of us refuse to believe anything you say !

At least one thing is refreshing - neocons and liberals are anti-Russian propaganda.   question 

The Bernie/Trump/Stein side - not so much.  excaim 

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

jamie said:
heres a good read
 Yuck.
 I thought you were leaving ? And you wonder why some of us refuse to believe anything you say !

That is related to my thread being closed.  I like posting here so I continue until I'm unable. Evidently at the end of the month. Then it can go back to a bunch of people basically agreeing that Russia and Putin and Trump are the biggest threats to Democracy (with maybe one brave dissenter).  MOL will be more of a safe zone for you. I guess the trolls win. You can all celebrate cause you helped shut down someone who does not think the way you consider acceptable. Yay for you. 

dave said:
The Krainer book is just a way for Krainer to drum up book sales on this story, a parasite feeding off of Russian corruption, a maze of misleading news outlets, willing dupes, "if you read this, you may also enjoy this" Facebook AI, and the murder of a guy who stood up to Russia's corrupt legal system.  

It is not easy to drum up book sales when Amazon keeps banning your book, thanks to Jonathan Weiner, Browder's lawyer.  But, evidently, you are not the only one to question Krainer's motives, because he wrote an article on why he wrote the book:

I Wrote a Book Exposing Bill Browder's Deceptions Because He Could Trigger a Major War With Russia

https://steemit.com/politics/@russia-insider/i-wrote-a-book-exposing-bill-browder-s-deceptions-because-he-could-trigger-a-major-war-with-russia

In the past year, quite a few people have asked me why I wrote “Grand Deception,” my twice banned book about Bill Browder, the Magnitsky Act and the historical relations between Russia and the West. Some of them have asked me to write down the answer I gave them in a way that could be shared, since the story seems very relevant to today’s circumstances and risk of a major military conflagration we are facing. So here goes…

Writing a book is not easy. Even if you think you know exactly what you want to say, you can’t just rant off whatever’s on your mind. You have to think through the book’s structure, formulate an outline and decide where each part of the story fits so that you may produce a coherent and readable whole, which is a laborious and at times frustrating process.

So why go through all the trouble? There’s some background to my urge to write “Grand Deception”. As a young man I’ve lived through the breakout of war in the former Yugoslavia and I served in the Croatian army during the war. The remarkable thing about the build-up to that war was that only days before its full outbreak, most people believed that war would never happen. It seemed unthinkable. I certainly did not think it would happen.

War changes everything

Yugoslavia’s ethnicities, cultures and religions were intertwined in many ways over many generations. While haters did exist, most people by far did not want to hate their neighbours, did not want a war and positively wanted to preserve peace. However, once the shooting, the victims and the destruction started to happen, everything changed.

Our societies rapidly polarized: nuanced, emphatic regard for the other side quickly went out of style, pacifism became unpatriotic, and political opposition became tantamount to treason. People on all sides closed ranks behind their leaders, patriotism and readiness to fight became supreme virtues and the collective psyche rapidly morphed into the black and white, “us against them” mode. The business of war then became the nation’s primary preoccupation.

Having lived through this makes it hard for me to be relaxed about Bill Browder’s relentless, unhinged demonization of Russia and its leadership. The effectiveness of his anti-Russian campaigning indicates that there’s a powerful network backing him, and that their agenda far eclipses Browder’s supposed fight for justice for lawyeraccountant Sergei Magnitsky (see Tom Luongo‘s recent scoops corroborating this). His campaign has in fact served an unrelenting escalation of the west’s hostile posturing toward Russia, which is worse than what we’ve seen during last century’s Cold War against the Soviet Union.

nan said:

It is not easy to drum up book sales when Amazon keeps banning your book, thanks to Jonathan Weiner, Browder's lawyer.  But, evidently, you are not the only one to question Krainer's motives, because he wrote an article on why he wrote the book:
I Wrote a Book Exposing Bill Browder's Deceptions Because He Could Trigger a Major War With Russia
https://steemit.com/politics/@russia-insider/i-wrote-a-book-exposing-bill-browder-s-deceptions-because-he-could-trigger-a-major-war-with-russia

His campaign has in fact served an unrelenting escalation of the west’s hostile posturing toward Russia, which is worse than what we’ve seen during last century’s Cold War against the Soviet Union.

This makes me wonder how Krainer, who was born in 1970 and grew up in Yugoslavia,  measured the hostility of the West’s Cold War posturing for comparison.

He talks a bit more about Yugoslavia in the book.  By the way, it is banned book week, so here is his banned book: 

Excellent interview on Fault lines radio with Lucy Komisar with an update on all things Bill Browder, including what is going on in Cyrus and an upcoming conference in Norway where the Andrei Nekrasov film will be screened followed by a panel discussion.  She goes into detail about how reporter Ken Dilanian  wrote an article for NBC on the Browder fraud, but they would not run it.  She is trying to raise money to self-publish.  This is from her webpage:

https://www.thekomisarscoop.com/2018/10/radio-interview-mass-western-censorship-the-lockdown-of-truth-surrounding-browder-and-magnitsky/

On Fault Lines with Garland Nixon and Lee Stranahan, I talked about how NBC-TV killed its reporter Ken Dilanian’s exposé of William Browder.
That happened in May 2016, a month before the Trump Tower meeting that fueled Russiagate and jump-started the Mueller investigation. US media refuses to publish my investigation of what happened, so I have started a GoFundMe page and will post and make the story available when I reach $5,000.
I also talked about an academic meeting I will speak at in Stavenger, Norway, Oct 17 to 20. Subjects, “How to do investigative journalism when corporations control the media” and “The Browder/Magnitsky hoax” — how William Browder started his companies on Mossack Fonseca British Virgin Islands shells, built his wealth by cheating on Russian taxes and invented the Magnitsky fable to get US help in blocking Russian law enforcement from collecting $70 million in his illicit gains.

Here is the video:

How to be an MSM reporter on nan’s bad side:

A prominent national security reporter for the Los Angeles Times routinely submitted drafts and detailed summaries of his stories to CIA press handlers prior to publication, according to documents obtained by The Intercept. (2014)

How to be an MSM reporter on nan’s good side:

nan said:

She goes into detail about how reporter Ken Dilanian  wrote an article for NBC on the Browder fraud, but they would not run it. (2018)

DaveSchmidt said:
How to be an MSM reporter on nan’s bad side:
A prominent national security reporter for the Los Angeles Times routinely submitted drafts and detailed summaries of his stories to CIA press handlers prior to publication, according to documents obtained by The Intercept. (2014)
How to be an MSM reporter on nan’s good side:
nan said:

She goes into detail about how reporter Ken Dilanian  wrote an article for NBC on the Browder fraud, but they would not run it. (2018)

I am not supporting Dilanian as a model of great reporting in either case. He seems to be a very good reporter who has sold out, which I have some sympathy for, but don't endorse. I was surprised he wrote the Browder story to begin with give his history of clearing stories with the CIA. Komisar is aware of some of this, but I don't think she knows much about him. I think it would be good if she investigated the story more. There might be some surprising developments. It is an interesting mystery. 

wow - what a scam - what is the $5,000 for?

jamie said:
wow - what a scam - what is the $5,000 for?

File that under "things THEY don't want you to know."

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!