Beyoncé political statement during the half time Super Bowl

this pretty much sums up the controversy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ociMBfkDG1w

conandrob240 said:

this pretty much sums up the controversy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ociMBfkDG1w

Ha!  I just saw this and came here to post it.  

Perfect.

maresleg said:
Woot said:

I hate the halftime shows    This was no different.   I find recent music from Coldplay to be unlistenable.  In what universe do they lead Beyoncé?   Oh yeah, white guy universe.  

Sounds like your a little homophobic & racist about the half time show.

?????   That's an odd conclusion.  Is Coldplay gay friendly music?  Am I missing something?   

And is it racist to point out that some group of likely white and (certainly) men are crazy for deciding that Coldplay would be an acceptable halftime act, with Beyoncé as a back-up?  If so, then you are right. 

Woot said:

maresleg said:
Woot said:

I hate the halftime shows    This was no different.   I find recent music from Coldplay to be unlistenable.  In what universe do they lead Beyoncé?   Oh yeah, white guy universe.  

Sounds like your a little homophobic & racist about the half time show.

?????   That's an odd conclusion.  Is Coldplay gay friendly music?  Am I missing something?   

And is it racist to point out that some group of likely white and (certainly) men are crazy for deciding that Coldplay would be an acceptable halftime act, with Beyoncé as a back-up?  If so, then you are right. 

I didn't see her as backup. She got the "Grand Entrance". If anything Coldplay was warming up the crowd and Bruno was "introducing" her.

Coldplay seems to be stuffed in the same musical ghetto as U2..... White, politically correct, undangerous bands that do write some decent songs but become so ubiquitous that they begin to be defined by their backlash more than anything else. It becomes cooler to hate them than like them for some.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.