Bernie's 2020 Campaign: August 2016 - At least through April, apparently

If they listed him on the actual survey (which they should) then they are acknowledging that he his running as a Democrat - AND--they should have listed him on the advertisement for the survey.   This is common sense.  They should fix and apologize.  Not holding breath.

and apologize to the others omitted as well, right?

If he's as hypersensitive as you, Nan, he doesn't belong in modern American politics.  

bub said:
If he's as hypersensitive as you, Nan, he doesn't belong in modern American politics.  

It's not about feelings--it's about getting elected when your own party works against you.  We all know how important it is to have visibility as a candidate--so being left out of a list of candidates by your own party is a big deal.  Trump got elected in part because of all the free publicity he got in the mainstream media.  At one point, they ignored a huge Sander's rally and instead showed an empty podium waiting for Trump to arrive.  So, if you were running in modern American politics, you would need to be thick-skinned, but you would also be hyper-aware of how you were being presented in the media. 

STANV said:
Bernie talks race.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/03/bernie-sanders-chicago-civil-rights-1200723

ok, I see he constantly points out issues that the AA community face - but little on solutions.  He says he's going to get rid of institutional racism - how?   And can someone point to me where in the speech he addresses the injustice of officers not being prosecuted for killing unarmed black men?

nan said:

We all know how important it is to have visibility as a candidate--so being left out of a list of candidates by your own party is a big deal.  

Three points:

(1) Bernie wasn't "left out".

(2) Technically, it's not "his own party" yet.  He's announced that he's running for the nomination of the Democratic Party, but not that's he's rejoined the Democratic Party. 

(3) Bernie received news coverage of several campaign events this weekend.  That's more important than how he was presented on some DCCC web page.   

And I'll repeat that's he's not a participant in the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, so it's not "his own party".

I think by now we have all heard one of the "pop' definitions if insanity............doing the same thing over and over again and thinking it will yield different results   Bernie has energized the young like no one I have seen since JFK.  He has beaten Trump in the polls.  The ideas he espoused last time are now being repeated by most other Dem hopefuls.

And yet we hear the same old names......repeated.   How many times has Biden contested for the nomination.   Yes Bernie's ideas are not only that of a winner but the ideas of some one who will work ceaselessly to cure our Nation's ills.

He is not beholden to corporate interests and they will fight tooth and nail to keep in Vermont.

It is said " the only battles worth fighting are the ones you can't possibly win"  I don't feel that any longer.

nohero said:

nan said:We all know how important it is to have visibility as a candidate--so being left out of a list of candidates by your own party is a big deal.  

Three points:
(2) Technically, it's not "his own party" yet.  He's announced that he's running for the nomination of the Democratic Party, but not that's he's rejoined the Democratic Party. 
(3) Bernie received news coverage of several campaign events this weekend.  That's more important than how he was presented on some DCCC web page.   
And I'll repeat that's he's not a participant in the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, so it's not "his own party".

He is running for President as a Democrat so that ship you are on has sailed. 

jamie said:

STANV said:
Bernie talks race.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/03/bernie-sanders-chicago-civil-rights-1200723
 ok, I see he constantly points out issues that the AA community face - but little on solutions.  He says he's going to get rid of institutional racism - how?   And can someone point to me where in the speech he addresses the injustice of officers not being prosecuted for killing unarmed black men?

So, I guess his plans to legalize marijuana, erase arrest records related to that, and eliminating private prisons would not help the AA community much, right?   What about $15 minimum wage?  Oh, and investing in education in low-income communities.  But, nothing to see if you won't look.

nan said:

nohero said:

nan said:We all know how important it is to have visibility as a candidate--so being left out of a list of candidates by your own party is a big deal.  
Three points:

Words and terms matter.  He's running for the Democratic nomination.

On his senate page he describes himself as Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt)

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/

nohero said:

nan said:

nohero said:

Three points:
 Words and terms matter.  He's running for the Democratic nomination.
On his senate page he describes himself as Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt)
https://www.sanders.senate.gov/

Look at his platform and tell me what he supports that should not be supported by someone running as a Democrat?  You want to make the case that he's not a Democrat than show me with policy, not an "I" next to a name.  

nan said:

Look at his platform and tell me what he supports that should not be supported by someone running as a Democrat?  You want to make the case that he's not a Democrat than show me with policy, not an "I" next to a name.  

Ms. Nan, among the three of us (you, me, and Bernie) you're the only one who says he's a Democrat right now.  He puts an "I" as his party identification, not a "D".

He is running for himself.  He is a selfish self-centered charlatan who ought to get on board with the Democrats AS A Democrat or he should start his own party.

We are not going to coddle this guy.   Too many other Democrats out there who are worth voting for without the daily whining that distracts us from the big prize.

nohero said:

nan said:Look at his platform and tell me what he supports that should not be supported by someone running as a Democrat?  You want to make the case that he's not a Democrat than show me with policy, not an "I" next to a name.  

Ms. Nan, among the three of us (you, me, and Bernie) you're the only one who says he's a Democrat right now.  He puts an "I" as his party identification, not a "D".

That is a stupid point.  And, as I said, that ship has sailed.  He's running as a Democrat so get used to it.  He does not take corporate money and he has a terrific platform.  He is the best candidate to beat Trump.  You should vote for him.  

sbenois said:
He is running for himself.  He is a selfish self-centered charlatan who ought to get on board with the Democrats AS A Democrat or he should start his own party.
We are not going to coddle this guy.   Too many other Democrats out there who are worth voting for without the daily whining that distracts us from the big prize.

He's tremendously popular, and a front-runner so you are the selfish one to say that all those people should not have a viable candidate. 

Yes obviously I am selfish because I want a Democrat as the nominee of my party.

sbenois said:
Yes obviously I am selfish because I want a Democrat as the nominee of my party.

I thought you wanted to beat Trump.  Would you take a Democrat who can't beat Trump over Sanders?

Plenty of Dems can beat Trump.  Stop believing your own ********.

Thanks in advance.  

Has Bernie announced publicly that he's a Democrat yet? The rules change adopted by the DNC last year states that "At the time a presidential candidate announces their candidacy publicly, they must publicly affirm that they are a Democrat."

"The party is requiring "affirmation" forms returned in writing to the party chairman declaring that fact. The DNC gave the form to all the declared campaigns last week during a briefing at party headquarters. Sanders and the others have until the middle of this week to return it. The Sanders' campaign says he intends to sign it." 

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/04/700121429/bernie-sanders-files-to-run-as-a-democrat-and-an-independent

this "Bernie is not a Democrat" criticism is very silly.

Over his career, he's been a helluva lot more of a Democrat than someone like Joe Biden. Yet...

nan said:

nohero said:

nan said:Look at his platform and tell me what he supports that should not be supported by someone running as a Democrat?  You want to make the case that he's not a Democrat than show me with policy, not an "I" next to a name.  
That is a stupid point.  And, as I said, that ship has sailed.  He's running as a Democrat so get used to it.  He does not take corporate money and he has a terrific platform.  He is the best candidate to beat Trump.  You should vote for him.  

It's not stupid to refer to him the way he refers to himself.

cramer said:

"The party is requiring "affirmation" forms returned in writing to the party chairman declaring that fact. The DNC gave the form to all the declared campaigns last week during a briefing at party headquarters. Sanders and the others have until the middle of this week to return it. The Sanders' campaign says he intends to sign it." 
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/04/700121429/bernie-sanders-files-to-run-as-a-democrat-and-an-independent

Then that will settle that.  Hope he corrects his Senate website after that, as (D-Vt.).

Wonder why social justice,  even with the more progressive Democratic Party, moves along at a snails pace?   Wonder why so many nations of this Earth do better in terms of statistics than we as a country do?

Here is a little exercise..........I have done my homework............have you.?

Look at all the other candidates.   How much money have they accepted from the special interest groups?  How much from the pharmaceutical lobby?  How much from the insurance companies, the

mining interests etc.  You know what this means.  The candidate is then beholden to them.  How 

objective does he vote .  Does he favor the special interest or the American Public.

Even Joe Biden just accepted $200,000. to praise a Republican  candidate who went on to beat the Democrat by a slim margin;

There is one candidate out there who can and will not be bought. It is not business as usual and that scares and upsets people.

author said:
Wonder why social justice,  even with the more progressive Democratic Party, moves along at a snails pace?   Wonder why so many nations of this Earth do better in terms of statistics than we as a country do?

Letting Donald Trump win certainly put the brakes on, and has reversed, a lot of progress that was being made. 

What would the Sandersnistas wait on line the longest for?

I’ll start.   Junior Mints.

Two replies in a row with no substantive answers .   Did anyone read the article about Joe Biden accepting $200,000. for praising a Republican candidate............I think not   You offer no facts......

If you can put music to your posts........I would suggest the theme from the Mickey Mouse Club.

nan said:

nan said:

jamie said:
https://action.dccc.org/survey/2020poll-020619-a?utm_source=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll&sc=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll&refcode=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll
Where did you get that graphic?  You can vote for Sanders and a few others who aren't mention on it.
 That graphic was all over twitter.  They should change it.  When you go to the site they have a survey about "Democratic values" and policies and they don't  even list Medicare for All or even health care reform.  
 He's running as a Democrat.  He supports Democratic policies more than some Democrats.  He can beat Trump.  He should have his name on the front of the survey. 

He is one of 195 Democratic candidates for President right now, btw.

ridski said:

nan said:

nan said:

jamie said:
https://action.dccc.org/survey/2020poll-020619-a?utm_source=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll&sc=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll&refcode=ads_rti_2019.02.06_fb_td_2020poll
Where did you get that graphic?  You can vote for Sanders and a few others who aren't mention on it.
 That graphic was all over twitter.  They should change it.  When you go to the site they have a survey about "Democratic values" and policies and they don't  even list Medicare for All or even health care reform.  
 He's running as a Democrat.  He supports Democratic policies more than some Democrats.  He can beat Trump.  He should have his name on the front of the survey. 
 He is one of 195 Democratic candidates for President right now, btw.

He's a front runner. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.