Bernie's 2020 Campaign: August 2016 - At least through April, apparently

It is positively delightful to see you in full meltdown mode Nan.

nohero said:

That worked so well in 2016.

It's not why Hillary lost.

nan said:

No offense, but you would be one of the last people I would go to for suggestions on joining a new party.  

All I did was Google. When you decide for whom you are voting I am sure you will let us know.

@STANV, am I being too Chicken Little, believing there will be no  typical convention? Big gatherings, hugging and hand shaking?

Morganna said:

@STANV, am I being too Chicken Little, believing there will be no  typical convention? Big gatherings, hugging and hand shaking?

Good point, you are right, none of that will happen this time. There may not even be a physical convention.

STANV said:

All I did was Google. When you decide for whom you are voting I am sure you will let us know.

I'm looking for a new party to join, not someone to vote for president.  I'm thinking long-term, because there is no other choice. 

Biden is CRUSHING Bernie in Florida.   This is a freaking bloodbath.

nan said:

STANV said:

I'm looking for a new party to join, not someone to vote for president.  I'm thinking long-term, because there is no other choice. 

Suddenly Nan thinks the Earth will last more than 10 years.

sbenois said:

You crack me up...

basil said:

Morganna said:

Good point, you are right, none of that will happen this time. There may not even be a physical convention.

Possibly.

nan said:

Someone could decide what Party to join based on the Party's nominee. You want to leave the Democratic Party because of whom it may nominate.

That's assuming nan was actually a Democrat.  Her saviour isn't,  so why should she be? 

sbenois said:

I'm aware it might be too late.  But, I don't have any other choice.  

sbenois said:

Isn't Florida predicted to be the first state that will be destroyed by global warming and will be underwater?  It's hard to feel sorry for them now.  

Obviously.   

In the meantime, Bernie had his *** handed to him in Florida, or and the Cuban population down there says,

"Viva la revolución! NOT!"

And Bernie the Soon To Be Former Candidate is also losing Illinois big time.   

Look at the bright side Nan: Ray Romano has been asked to star in a new TV Series, Everybody Hates Bernie.  If you play your cards right, you can be an extra.  

STANV said:

Someone could decide what Party to join based on the Party's nominee. You want to leave the Democratic Party because of whom it may nominate.

No, I am leaving the Democratic party because of corruption.  They don't stand for anything and they support endless war, global warming and a broken healthcare system.  They promise little and then give crumbs.  The only difference between the Republicans and Democrats is a few social issues like access to abortion and support for gun control.  Democrats pretend to believe in science, but when it collides with profit, profit wins. When it comes to war they are the same.  

They used to be the party of the people, but they just joined together to defeat the candidate who was most like FDR, even though it meant nominating a senile, habitual liar who promises almost nothing and will likely lose to Trump.  They are fine with losing to Trump, as long as they can stop the possibility of Medicare for All and a Green New Deal.

sbenois said:

Obviously.   

In the meantime, Bernie had his *** handed to him in Florida, or and the Cuban population down there says,

Look at the bright side Nan: Ray Romano has been asked to star in a new TV Series, Everybody Hates Bernie.  If you play your cards right, you can be an extra.

I"m sure you will be fine with 4 more years of Trump, so congrats to you.  I'd be embarrassed to publicly admit to supporting a candidate as bad as Joe Biden. He makes Hillary look like Lincoln, and I despise Hillary.   But, you have no shame. 

Nan, let's be honest: you are not leaving OUR party.

You were never in it.  Every one of your posts for years has referred to the Dems as "they" "them" etc.   You were never onboard.  So no loss for us.   

nan said:

sbenois said:

Obviously.   

I"m sure you will be fine with 4 more years of Trump, so congrats to you.  I'd be embarrassed to publicly admit to supporting a candidate as bad as Joe Biden. He makes Hillary look like Lincoln, and I despise Hillary.   But, you have no shame. 

Very proud to vote for Biden.   Absolutely.   A+.   Will keep donating to him.  Will support his efforts to push Democrats on the under card.  

You lost.   Too ******* Bad.

PRESIDENT BIDEN TAKES ILLINOIS

In all seriousness- what would Bernie have to do to regain the lead?

jamie said:

In all seriousness- what would Bernie have to do to regain the lead?

Get people to vote for him. 

sbenois said:

Nan, let's be honest: you are not leaving OUR party.

You were never in it.  Every one of your posts for years has referred to the Dems as "they" "them" etc.   You were never onboard.  So no loss for us.   

I was excited about Bernie running.  I gave money and time to the Democrats because I was hopeful for once that I could help get a candidate elected that actually cared about ordinary people.  Even people who normally belong to third parties got excited about Bernie running and some campaigned for him.  Others asked me why bother since they knew the establishment would never let him win.  I just said I knew that might happen, but I was trying to be optimistic.  So, now I have tried twice.  Once in 2016 and now in 2020 and insanity is trying to do the same thing over and over and expect different results so I'm done.  

Sure no loss for you.  Even if the 70% of the people under 50 leave the party it will just be a little blip since you got the middle of the road candidate you think will be what is needed to win. Just like in 2016.   Only this time without even a brain. But, I wish you the best of luck.  

Nan, you make the Chernobyl series seem like Mary Poppins.  

I wish you the best of luck as well.    We will invite you to the Biden victory party in November.    

sbenois said:

PRESIDENT BIDEN TAKES ILLINOIS

He thinks he's running for Senate. 

And...President Biden takes Arizona.   

Bad night for Bernie.  Again.

Biden is not up to the job. We need a modern WPA. Sad day for America.  Contrary to what people think Biden will not mean we can relax and just go to brunch.  We need to build a more durable situation so that future disasters will have a safety net.  Trump might actually embrace UBI, which looks good compared to what Biden offers - free medical only if you have the right disease and not for all the emergencies which are every day.  

nan said:

sbenois said:

Isn't Florida predicted to be the first state that will be destroyed by global warming and will be underwater?  It's hard to feel sorry for them now.  

Suddenly the people of Florida aren’t even worthy of being governed by President Sanders. “Let ‘em drown,” say his supporters, “they’re too stupid.”

nan said:

Ever start typing a thought and then realize you shouldn't post it? 

I guess more details to follow.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.