Banned List

ParticleMan said:

RobB said:

marylago said:

ctrzaska said:

author said:

Well to tell the truth, I miss Strawberry. If ever anyone could start a food fight on a perfectly calm summer afternoon it was Straw. And he could create new identities at the drop of a hat.

Colorado............color red............Strawberry. He was like a character from Batman.

The irony in this post is simply killing me.

Really? I am always the last to know..................

What is....that suppose...d to mean....?

Clearly it means.... Mary is the lead singer for................ Del Amitri.

grin)

Never thought I'd find a more beautifully placed Del Amitri reference.

I've been banned 3 times (I know !! wink ) but ill say this, I when out with a good fight wink

good ol' days :-D

With all due respect, if you've been banned three times it might be time to develop some new interests.

deborahg said:

With all due respect, if you've been banned three times it might be time to develop some new interests.

Nah...The meanies are not as mean these days. More credit to Ya HQ!

Harley is a true blessing to us. Glad she stuck it out. :X

I don't want to ban Ms. HQ! Just trying the new phrase..and it did sound kinda nasty.

From my pov, I would phrase the nastiness came from outside and HQ stood up to it. She is a sweetheart.

Oh definitely. Bless her heart and all those involved. :X

Well, aside from that whole brouhaha, and directing it away from contemporary individuals, in the really old days they'd say something like, "May she be like a chandelier, hang all day and burn all night."

OP, the son of Andy Griffith in the beloved television series, was played by Ron Howard, who has gone on to enjoy a highly successful career behind the camera in Hollywood. Or was that Opie?

CPShell said:

What happened to OP?

I think people stopped wearing OP in the '80 and the company struggled for a long time. But it's still around.

I have to admit some of the bannings have been incredibly amusing.

it's amazing sometimes how a person can freak out. occasionally I'll read a whacked out post, and imagine the person winding him or herself up like this. it starts as an innocent discussion about the weather in NJ, then it moves on to the weather in Boston, then ....

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-john-belushi-on-march/n33439

I think my absolute favorites are the ones where someone's trolling for no other purpose than to annoy people... and they get sucked into their own emotional cesspool, spew all over themselves and wind up banned.

Classic.

It's hilarious that the OP is now banned. grin)

If techman is who people here are suggesting, then there are very obvious markers in OP's name and avatar that strongly suggest he is the same person. A person who has been banned over and over and over and over under many, many, many different names.

I admit , I'm I the dark. Most of the time I cant tell or don't realize when the same person posts under a variety of names. I just think - wow - here's another obnoxious newbie.

Could someone/ anyone post a list of suspected aliases. That would be fun and enlightening

case said:

I have to admit some of the bannings have been incredibly amusing.

I agree

@oneofthegirls :X

sarahzm said:

I admit , I'm I the dark. Most of the time I cant tell or don't realize when the same person posts under a variety of names. I just think - wow - here's another obnoxious newbie.

Could someone/ anyone post a list of suspected aliases. That would be fun and enlightening

a while ago there was a thread where posters were guessing people who had multiple names on MOL. i have to say, it was pretty interesting wink

sometimes it's really easy to figure out that the new name is a former person who was banned. like when every other post uses the term "statist," or "the left." or has a post talking about rent seeking.

or when someone goes off the deep end in a discussion about the weather.

mbaldwin said:

It's hilarious that the OP is now banned. grin)

What did the OP do to get banned? I don't see anything egregious in his recent posts. Or maybe they got deleted?

Some posters take pride in being banned, like some guys take pride in serving time in prison. I only got banned once, but in retrospect, admit that I am mildly pleased about it.

sarahzm said:

Hey! Leave me out of this. cheese

deborahg said:

Alright. With all due respect I am a little slow, bless your heart. ;-)

joan_crystal said:

A well placed question asking for clarification of a weak point in someone's argument can have a far more devastating impact than calling that person an idiot. Their response, if one is provided, is often sufficient to demonstate this aspect of the person's character without your having to do it yourself. Furthermore, if anyone gets banned as a result of this difference of opinion, it won't be you.

Teach sister, teach.

snake

To what? Who techman is? If you don't know and can't guess, it probably wouldn't matter to you. In fact it doesn't matter to those of us who DO know.

The subject of why is often speculated on by us, but rarely discussed by Jamie/Dave.

It's none of our business, actually. Some are banned today under new IDs for the actions of years ago, some are banned for being classless idiots, some both. The TOS is pretty clear on this stuff.

None of our business, really. Certainly not the business of anyone other that Dave, Jamie, or the person banned.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.