But would anyone who is using the new system ever see those ads? I don't see any ad section from where I am currently posting.

jamie I want to keep my former avatar and I need help--lots of it!

I was successful only with a smaller photo! I am a little bummed over losing my day lily, but  it is what it is I guess.

mtierney said:

Where can you start a new discussion? 

As far as my avatar issues go, I'm hoping when we are all on the worldweb ., things will work out.

I tried recreating my avatar, but it is a few pixels short in one direction.  Is there any fix to that?  ETA, well that's the basic idea, will have to do for now.

I've uploaded my avatar; should I see it up next to my name on the banner strip at the top of the page?

Just testing.  I uploaded an avatar but I don't see it next to my name at the top.

It's interesting to see who opts for a fresh avatar start. I decided to remain a viscount passing for a baron.

SouthernBaron said:

It's interesting to see who opts for a fresh avatar start. I decided to remain a viscount passing for a baron.

I'm considering a new avatar. However, for now, I'm staying with the old one.

I just re-sized and it worked

Nice avatar, Donchew.

drummerboy said:

Can't get my avatar to work. Windows 7, Firefox 35.

After i upload my photo and move the box around to select the part of the photo I want, the Submit button doesn't respond so I can't save my changes.

p.s. doesn't work with IE 11 either.

Same here, hit Submit and nothing happens.

'Morning, everyone! I'm just about to put the kettle on for today's first cup of coffee: who wants one? cheese

SouthernBaron, I rotate through a few looks anyway, just found one to fit.

Mtierney, I know you really want your daylily, but meantime I truly love the intensity of the red in the pic you've chosen.

It's good to see you all again! oh oh

I just learned that you have to wait a few seconds for the photo to load before pushing Submit

prerak77 said:

drummerboy said:

Can't get my avatar to work. Windows 7, Firefox 35.

After i upload my photo and move the box around to select the part of the photo I want, the Submit button doesn't respond so I can't save my changes.

p.s. doesn't work with IE 11 either.

Same here, hit Submit and nothing happens.

Same issue here. Chrome and Firefox on Windows.

MTierney, could you find a photo of a day lily online? That would look quite close to your old one when it's as small as these avatars are.

Success at last! Had to crop and resize my photo to 196x196, but it worked!

PeggyC said:

Nice avatar, Donchew.

Thanks!  grin

MTierney, if you like yellow daylilies, you can use this one. It's a shot I took a year or two ago and I've resized it down to be in the MOL avatar range.

I changed mine (variation on a theme) and it worked!  Whaddya know!

I took the opportunity to update my Avatar.  

It is the same cat (= Tazmanian Devil), but with The Stare, which clearly expresses my strong opinions on certain subjects.

cody said:

MTierney, if you like yellow daylilies, you can use this one. It's a shot I took a year or two ago and I've resized it down to be in the MOL avatar range.

Cody, if you have any photos of purple flowers in the MOL resized avatar range, can you please post one for me? No matter how much I try, I cannot get my old avatar of purple flowers down to the regulation size that is now required. TIA.

Thanks for the coffee and your understanding that I really wanted the day lily which my husband painted for me! The Rose was OK and color sharp, but today I took another photo of the painting and tried again -- I am quite satisfied and will stop whining now. Where are the emoti?

I know I just said I would stop with the kvetching, but a thought occurred to me. Tell why why it wouldn't work.  If I sign in as IM80 one more time, is there a way to change my username to Mtierney without messing everything up?

joanne said:

'Morning, everyone! I'm just about to put the kettle on for today's first cup of coffee: who wants one? cheese

SouthernBaron, I rotate through a few looks anyway, just found one to fit.

Mtierney, I know you really want your daylily, but meantime I truly love the intensity of the red in the pic you've chosen.

It's good to see you all again! oh oh

Looking good, mtierney. oh oh

Although I have no idea whether you can change one screen name to match another you have been using. That's a Dave or Jamie question.

So very thoughtful of you! But see above why I am staying put.

Thanks so much!

cody said:

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.