Auction: Assorted Maplewood Postcards 1904-1946

jamie said:

Auction is over - who outbid me? 
grin
  Final price was $70. I was in for $25.

Similar collection of Montclair postcards went for $230.  Millburn for $100.  Newark for $35.

when I was looking at it yesterday it was already sold. I was gonna bid on it too. Gotta be a lurker here somewhere…  LOL

Jaytee said:

jamie said:

grin

Similar collection of Montclair postcards went for $230.  Millburn for $100.  Newark for $35.

when I was looking at it yesterday it was already sold. I was gonna bid on it too. Gotta be a lurker here somewhere… 
LOL

hmm, already sold?  that's odd.  They had 557 items up for bid.  Auction is still going on - it's really well done.  But nothing I'd want.  A lot of jewelry.

Most items were under $50.  This one just went for $425:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/169088925_pair-of-large-pink-opaline-glass-apothecary-jars

I have the auction scrolling on my side monitor.

jamie said:

Jaytee said:

jamie said:

grin

when I was looking at it yesterday it was already sold. I was gonna bid on it too. Gotta be a lurker here somewhere… 
LOL

hmm, already sold?  that's odd.  They had 557 items up for bid.  Auction is still going on - it's really well done.  But nothing I'd want.  A lot of jewelry.

Most items were under $50.  This one just went for $425:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/169088925_pair-of-large-pink-opaline-glass-apothecary-jars

I have the auction scrolling on my side monitor.

Ugh! Those are hideous!

I found this pic online in regards to the trolleys:

The first official trolley car arrived in Millburn from Summit in 1905. A single track ran from Main Street in Millburn to Summit, but a 1907 town ordinance allowed the line to be extended to the Maplewood loop!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!