Any recs for junk removal?

I've got a pretty big junk removal job. Emptying a house of many years of heartache and other stuff.

And recommendations?


(201) 9720949

I use these guys, they pick up everything. Take a picture of the stuff you have send it to them and they give you a price on the phone. They’re based in jersey city. Cheaper than 1800 got junk. They will come out to west orange, they have come to Montclair for me. It’s a family business. Hope it works out. 


Neighbors used Joe Junk out of Union and were impressed with the speed and organization on the part of the employees who were sent out. I watched and could not get over how skilled they were at loading the truck. They got at least 10 times more in there than I would have bet. 


If you are willing to get  truck or use your own vehicle, there is a place open to Essex county residents where you can bring junk and be charged by the pound.  You actually drive your vehicle onto a big scale.  They weigh it (full and empty) and you throw the stuff in a dumpster yourself.  I think its in Elizabeth.  We did it 4 or 5 years ago.  Assuming its a lot cheaper than using junk removal guys but I don't know.


bub said:

If you are willing to get  truck or use your own vehicle, there is a place open to Essex county residents where you can bring junk and be charged by the pound.  You actually drive your vehicle onto a big scale.  They weigh it (full and empty) and you throw the stuff in a dumpster yourself.  I think its in Elizabeth.  We did it 4 or 5 years ago.  Assuming its a lot cheaper than using junk removal guys but I don't know.

Do you know where this is?


Innocentbystander said:

Do you know where this is?

Not to me, but this was on Frelinghuysen Avenue in Newark. I think there is a new spot though.

Will try to find the info because I am interested too.


I checked my old emails.  When I did it severla years ago, it was at this place in Elizabeth.  I think it was identified on an Essex County govt site as being usable by county residents  Whether that is/was officially true, I went there with a little rented Uhaul pick up truck and they had no objections.

https://www.wm.com/


jimmurphy said:

Not to me, but this was on Frelinghuysen Avenue in Newark. I think there is a new spot though.

Will try to find the info because I am interested too.

I use to go there years ago, then they suddenly stopped accepting Essex county residents. Only Passaic county could dump there. I could never figure that one out. 


jimmurphy said:

Not to me, but this was on Frelinghuysen Avenue in Newark. I think there is a new spot though.

Will try to find the info because I am interested too.

OK, I think the place is the Waste Management Transfer Station on Julia Street in Elizabeth. So Bub was correct on the town.

Definitely call ahead!



jimmurphy said:

OK, I think the place is the Waste Management Transfer Station on Julia Street in Elizabeth. So Bub was correct on the town.

Definitely call ahead!

Elizabeth is the County Seat of UNION County, I bet they won’t accept Essex residents’s junk.


Bibliognost said:

jimmurphy said:

OK, I think the place is the Waste Management Transfer Station on Julia Street in Elizabeth. So Bub was correct on the town.

Definitely call ahead!

Elizabeth is the County Seat of UNION County, I bet they won’t accept Essex residents’s junk.

I did a deck replacement for a customer in Millburn.  He rented a pick-up and took the old deck to the Essex County site.  And yes, it was in Elizabeth.


I've used Greg's before. Came within a day and removed a treadmill and some other large annoying thing from my basement. They cut the treadmill with a sawzall and had the whole thing done and out the house in about 25 minutes. IIRC, they charged us $250, which I was happy with because we'd been trying to get that crap outta there forever.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/greg-hauling-west-orange-2



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Advertisement

Advertise here!

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals