2024 recycling calendar?

Does anyone know when Maplewood will post the 2024 recycling calendar? We posted the 23 one in the fridge and are lost without it ... we will never know when to put which stuff out without it. There is no way to contact the town via email that I can find to ask when the new one will be posted, Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's the same as last year. This week is Fiber, and whichever day you normally get picked up will be one day later because of the holiday, but next week is Commingled and normal pickup days.

HatsOff said:

Does anyone know when Maplewood will post the 2024 recycling calendar? We posted the 23 one in the fridge and are lost without it ... we will never know when to put which stuff out without it. There is no way to contact the town via email that I can find to ask when the new one will be posted, Thanks!

It really should be up already, shouldn’t it. For now, here’s South Orange’s version (the fiber and commingled weeks are the same as Maplewood’s):

https://www.southorange.org/DocumentCenter/View/9142/Recycling_Guide_2024_V5

ridski said:

I'm pretty sure it's the same as last year. This week is Fiber, and whichever day you normally get picked up will be one day later because of the holiday, but next week is Commingled and normal pickup days.

Yes ,,, but I will be able to track that for one week max. We refer to the calendar on the fridge to keep us on track. 

DaveSchmidt said:

It really should be up already, shouldn’t it. For now, here’s South Orange’s version (the fiber and commingled weeks are the same as Maplewood’s):

https://www.southorange.org/DocumentCenter/View/9142/Recycling_Guide_2024_V5

that is very helpful, thanks! I didn't think to look for the South Orange calendar.

HatsOff said:

It is easy enough to make your own on a regular 2024 calendar since the dates for fiber and comingled continue to alternate and the day of the week for pick-up remains unchanged.  If you need a pre-printed copy, call or email DPW (you can email them through the town website) and ask if one is or will be available. 

HatsOff said:

Yes ,,, but I will be able to track that for one week max. We refer to the calendar on the fridge to keep us on track. 

Okay. I have it as a calendar entry, with alert, on my phone, so I get a reminder around 5.30 the night before to put out whatever it is that week.

joan_crystal said:

It is easy enough to make your own on a regular 2024 calendar calendar since the dates for fiber and comingled continue to alternate and the day of the week for pick-up remains unchanged.  

that’s what I have been doing. 

Last January I put a recurring event in my calendar for fibers every two weeks and one for commingled every two weeks, each starting on the appropriate days with no end date. So I'm covered until/unless it changes.

I usually piggyback off what my neighbors put out. If they’re wrong I’m wrong  surprised

This is only my best guess as to what the new schedule will be.

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/recycling/

Let me know what you think?  It's a bit easier to read.  I didn't color code the sections on the calendar - I think most people just need it for the C or F.

2024-recycling.pdf

Looks good.

Edited to ask:  May I share this with the Maplewood Seniors Advisory Committee Facebook Group? I am sure our seniors will appreciate it.  I will of course credit you and MOL as the source.

jamie said:

Let me know what you think?  It's a bit easier to read.  I didn't color code the sections on the calendar - I think most people just need it for the C or F.

thanks for doing this. 

joan_crystal said:

Looks good.

Edited to ask:  May I share this with the Maplewood Seniors Advisory Committee Facebook Group? I am sure our seniors will appreciate it.  I will of course credit you and MOL as the source.

sure no problem- and like I said it’s a guesstimate.

jamie said:

Jamie, you are a hero! Thank you. perfect for putting on the fridge. 

jamie said:

sure no problem- and like I said it’s a guesstimate.

Done.  Thank you.

I just received this in an email from the Township of Maplewood: "The 2024 Recycling Schedule will be posted on the website in the coming days. However, there are no changes to the schedule at this time.

joan_crystal said:

I just received this in an email from the Township of Maplewood: "The 2024 Recycling Schedule will be posted on the website in the coming days. However, there are no changes to the schedule at this time.

I guess "better late than never" but if there were no late changes, I don't understand why they couldn't have posted it in December. That being said, it's just a continuation of the previous year's schedule, so shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

sac said:

I guess "better late than never" but if there were no late changes, I don't understand why they couldn't have posted it in December. That being said, it's just a continuation of the previous year's schedule, so shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Communication remains a challenge to the town administration.  Remember last year when this started and all they sent out was a postcard with a QR code?  The town was supposed to hire someone to handle communications and keep the website up to date but that position got eliminated due to budget constraints.  Hoping for improvements in 2024.

joan_crystal said:

Communication remains a challenge to the town administration.  Remember last year when this started and all they sent out was a postcard with a QR code?  The town was supposed to hire someone to handle communications and keep the website up to date but that position got eliminated due to budget constraints.  Hoping for improvements in 2024.

The website still has the photo of the TC members from 2022. 

yahooyahoo said:

The website still has the photo of the TC members from 2022. 

Patrick Wherry, Town Administrator, is currently the contact person for updating the town website.  His contact information, presumably up to date, can be found on the town website.  If you see out of date entries on the website, he is the one to notify.

IIRC the 2024 recycling calendar is now on the website.

This works for Maplewood, since it is the same company for SO too. Here is the South Orange recycling website page. Guidelines, calendar, toter info, and most importantly: a sign-up for text notifications is available . https://www.southorange.org/489/Curbside-Recycling

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.