DUMP TRUMP (previously 2020 candidates)

nan said:

dave said:

"Since September, Buttigieg has risen 16 percentage points among Iowa’s likely Democratic caucusgoers, with 25% now saying he is their first choice for president. For the first time in the Register’s Iowa Poll, he bests rivals Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, who are now clustered in competition for second place and about 10 percentage points behind the South Bend, Indiana, mayor."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/iowa-poll/2019/11/17/pete-buttigieg-leads-new-iowa-poll-warren-sanders-biden-follow/4198100002/

It was only 500 people contacted by "telephone."   To me, that's a small sample size and telephone means landline and landline means old, conservative people.  

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6551186-Methodology-Q1-10-Dems-11-17-2019.html#document/p2

Nan suddenly has a problem with polls conducted via landline.

sbenois said:

Nan suddenly has a problem with polls conducted via landline.

Nan has had a problem with landline polls from the beginning when they were used to prop up Joe Biden. 

sbenois said:

Grasping at straws won't get Bernie more votes.   Sorry.

Mayor Pete 2020!

Yeah, he's so popular. 

The randomly selected list of respondents in the Iowa poll came from voter registration rolls, not a phone book.

If Bernie or some other candidates did this, there would be calls to step out. 

Mayor Pete’s Big Announcement About Black Support Cited People Who Aren’t Black and Don’t Support Him

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/11/mayor-pete-black-support-announcement.html

nan said:

phenixrising said:
 And this is why Bernie continues to down trend in the polls.

No, he's +5 this week in the new Emerson poll: 

July National Poll: Biden Extends Support While Bernie Bounces Back

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/july-national-poll-biden-extends-support-while-bernie-bounces-back

Please

DaveSchmidt said:

sbenois said:

nan said:

drummerboy said:
 Who TF is emerson polling?
 One of the major polling organizations.  
 Um.  No.   Not even close Nan.

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/304663-emerson-college-polling-predicts-electoral-landslide-for

Stop

sbenois said:

http://emersonpolling.com/about-us/

ABOUT US

About Emerson Polling

Emerson Polling received recognition for accurately assessing voting intentions throughout the 2016 Presidential Election – including top rankings by Bloomberg News and Nate Silver’s’ FiveThirtyEight –  using a landline-only sample design. In an ongoing effort to improve accuracy in 2017, Emerson Polling experimented with the use of online panels. Our analysis found that a combination of landline and online participants created a representative artificial sample.

The Emerson Poll methodology pairs an automated system that collects data over landline phones with an online panel of participants. A random sample of registered voters or all citizens depending on the needs of the survey are purchased from Aristotle Inc., a leading supplier of phone lists to the survey research industry, and Amazon Turk, an online panel of individuals. Through the use of a screening question, we usually seek out “likely voters”. The results presented in our reports include univariate and bivariate analysis of the data. Frequency distributions for each item included on the questionnaire are shown in the tables.  In all cases, cross-tabulation results are also shown. This type of bivariate analysis examines differences between sub-groups of the overall population.

The only surprise here is that Bernie Bots still have landlines.

arguing wih yourself Nan.

ridski said:

basil said:

Plenty of time to develop that trust. He is smart, thoughtful, and moderate. I am just worried how electable he is in the end. Trump is great at dragging his opponents down in the mud with him.

He’s weird and benefited from presiding after Giuliani. Also nobody wanted him in this election. Seriously, is there some kind of tax incentive for billionaires to run? I get that everyone knows they could run the country better than President Crimes, but why would Bloomberg,  who’s been running since 2007, think HE can win?

I was talking about Buttigieg actually.

sbenois said:

arguing wih yourself Nan.

No, but nice cherrypicking.   Bernie must be even more popular than I thought if he's doing well on landlines.  That senior outreach must be working.  Guess they did not call my mom.  

nan said:

sbenois said:

Grasping at straws won't get Bernie more votes.   Sorry.

Mayor Pete 2020!

Yeah, he's so popular. 

Good for him. MFA is a lunatic idea that will cost us the Presidency. And even if it doesn't, there is no way that House and Senate pass it.

nan said:

No, but nice cherrypicking.   Bernie must be even more popular than I thought if he's doing well on landlines.  That senior outreach must be working.  Guess they did not call my mom.  

That's nice that your Mom retains her sharp intellect.

basil said:

Good for him. MFA is a lunatic idea that will cost us the Presidency. And even if it doesn't, there is no way that House and Senate pass it.

An idea so loony that every other country has it except us.  Super loony.  Canada got a single-payer in 1966.  We have only been behind for fifty years.  And why won't the House and Senate pass it?  Because they are bought and paid for by the insurance lobby.  Remember that next time you are pulling the lever for an establishment Democrat.  They don't give a crap about you. 

When you say it will cost us the Presidency, that's MSNBC/CNN talking, not a real person. 

nohero said:

That's nice that your Mom retains her sharp intellect.

Not what the doctors say, but maybe she should come over to your house for Thanksgiving this year.  She watches and agrees with everything said on MSNBC/CNN.  She has Trump AND Bernie derangement syndrome. You two would get along great.  

She won't like your house though.  She will tell you to sell and move to a condo in Florida.  Maybe Boca.  I'm sure you would find that helpful. I know where you live.  I can walk her over!  What time is dinner? grin

basil said:

ridski said:

basil said:

Plenty of time to develop that trust. He is smart, thoughtful, and moderate. I am just worried how electable he is in the end. Trump is great at dragging his opponents down in the mud with him.

He’s weird and benefited from presiding after Giuliani. Also nobody wanted him in this election. Seriously, is there some kind of tax incentive for billionaires to run? I get that everyone knows they could run the country better than President Crimes, but why would Bloomberg,  who’s been running since 2007, think HE can win?

I was talking about Buttigieg actually.

Yes, you were. Mea culpa.

nan said:

dave said:

"Since September, Buttigieg has risen 16 percentage points among Iowa’s likely Democratic caucusgoers, with 25% now saying he is their first choice for president. For the first time in the Register’s Iowa Poll, he bests rivals Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, who are now clustered in competition for second place and about 10 percentage points behind the South Bend, Indiana, mayor."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/iowa-poll/2019/11/17/pete-buttigieg-leads-new-iowa-poll-warren-sanders-biden-follow/4198100002/

It was only 500 people contacted by "telephone."   To me, that's a small sample size and telephone means landline and landline means old, conservative people.  

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6551186-Methodology-Q1-10-Dems-11-17-2019.html#document/p2

Yes it’s very concerning for Pete supporters that old, set-in-their-ways people support a small-city mayor who’s a brand new face who also happens to be gay. I can’t imagine he would have any upside with younger, more open-minded voters.  angry

nan said:

As I have been saying, I love, love, love Mikey because he helps Sanders by taking votes away from Biden.  I doubt Bloomberg will become a front runner.  But, there is also the "be careful what you wish for." 

Well, the thing about this line of thinking is that it promotes the same voter shaming you claim to be against. It's exactly the same glee as Republicans had watching Jill Stein's numbers come in, or Ralph Nader's numbers in 2000. Now personally, I don't blame people for voting one way or the other (except when it comes to conservatives and Donald Trump, and only because he's not a conservative in any way, shape or fashion) but when Sanders loses this primary, who will you be blaming?

She should start by blaming herself.  Nan has done more than anyone I can think of to turn people away from Bernie .

nan said:

basil said:

An idea so loony that every other country has it except us.  Super loony.  Canada got a single-payer in 1966.  We have only been behind for fifty years.  And why won't the House and Senate pass it?  Because they are bought and paid for by the insurance lobby.  Remember that next time you are pulling the lever for an establishment Democrat.  They don't give a crap about you. 

When you say it will cost us the Presidency, that's MSNBC/CNN talking, not a real person. 

Well, I am saying it, and last time I checked I was a real person. The Presidential election is not won by the GOP base, or by the Liberal base, or even by most Independents. It will be decided by a relatively small number of centrist, swing-voters in a relatively small number of swing states. The GOP already lied to them about replacing Obamacare by something much better, so I don't want to scare them away by some dope left-wing plan that has no chance of ever becoming the law in the US in the next four years. Have you paid attention to how hard it was to get Obamacare passed, even while we had a majority in Congress?

nan said:

An idea so loony that every other country has it except us.  Super loony.  Canada got a single-payer in 1966.  We have only been behind for fifty years. 

And Canada completely eliminated the private insurance industry in 1966?

Is it true that 30 percent of Canadians' healthcare is paid for through the private sector?  And approximately 65 to 75 percent of Canadians have some form of supplementary health insurance?

So the false equivalent to Canada is an extremely dishonest characterization of what Bernie is pushing.  That is super loony.

sbenois said:

She should start by blaming herself.  Nan has done more than anyone I can think of to turn people away from Bernie .

I knew the two of you were close. You and Nan are the only two who believe's that Nan has that much influence.

Smedley said:

Yes it’s very concerning for Pete supporters that old, set-in-their-ways people support a small-city mayor who’s a brand new face who also happens to be gay. I can’t imagine he would have any upside with younger, more open-minded voters. 
angry

I was trying to work up the courage to point out some of those things about Buttigieg; At 37 years old he is just two years past the minimum eligible age set forth in the Constitution, 4 years younger than the youngest President ever elected, Gay, and the Mayor of a small city.

But folks keep telling me that my candidate, Sen. Warren, is unelectable!

Go figure.

sbenois said:

Wrong...you have tried.  And failed in extremis.  But how many reruns of F troop can you watch?

Give me a thank you.  I have been missing them.

nan said:

dave said:

Even within the +/- 4% margin of error he's WAY ahead of the pack.

What Iowans are reading on their front page today.  

ETA:  6 out of the last 8 winners of the Iowa caucus went on to become the party's nominee.  

Smedley said:

Yes it’s very concerning for Pete supporters that old, set-in-their-ways people support a small-city mayor who’s a brand new face who also happens to be gay. I can’t imagine he would have any upside with younger, more open-minded voters. 
angry

Pete has some younger supporters, but he's more appealing to older Millenials.  He's been called the OK Boomer candidate. He's kind of a younger version of Biden.  He does not support free college or Medicare for All and he wants to bring back what sounds like the draft. He's an establishment Dem who supports the status quo while saying, in 12 languages, that he's progressive.  

ridski said:

Well, the thing about this line of thinking is that it promotes the same voter shaming you claim to be against. It's exactly the same glee as Republicans had watching Jill Stein's numbers come in, or Ralph Nader's numbers in 2000. Now personally, I don't blame people for voting one way or the other (except when it comes to conservatives and Donald Trump, and only because he's not a conservative in any way, shape or fashion) but when Sanders loses this primary, who will you be blaming?

How else should I react to this?  It's not my fault that a narcissistic billionaire decides to run at the last minute.  I can't stop him. It's not my fault that the DNC and mainstream media keeps promoting the idea that we need a centrist candidate.  I have been railing against people like Bloomberg for years.  For some reason, he decided to run anyway.  

It makes no sense, but it turns out he's not taking away voters from my candidate, so ironically it is working out so far.  Can't say how long that will be because the establishment always has another trick up their sleeve.  

And, yes, he has not officially declared yet.  I keep forgetting that.  That Deval Patrick is running and he basically serves the same function, except I'm thinking they think he will get more black voters.  We will see.  Identity politics is a big thing for centrists. .  The DNC wanted to run a pile of centrists.  They keep trying to elevate them and they keep failing.  Now they are hopping for Patrick or Bloomberg  And they are pushing Pete very hard.  This is at least the second go around with Pete.  

dave said:

Even within the +/- 4% margin of error he's WAY ahead of the pack.

Among people who have landlines.  Other people also vote.  Why do you like Buttigieg so much?  He does look a bit like you, but besides being cute and looking like a frolicking woodland animal what do you like about the guy?   Why does his funding not bother you?

sbenois said:

Sure, they are running for the hills.

New Poll Shows Bernie Sanders Jump Into The Lead For 2020 Democratic Primary
https://www.inquisitr.com/5746138/bernie-sanders-leads-2020-democratic-primary-poll/#ixzz65ZunfqvC

nan said:

Among people who have landlines. 

You get something in your head and keep repeating it even though you’re demonstrably wrong. Just so it’s clear to everyone else: The polling sample came from voter registration lists, not from phone directories. The pollster gets names from the registrations, then calls whatever phone — cell or landline — goes with the name.

When a poll relies on landlines, it’s because the sample is drawn from phone directories that don’t include cellphones.

nan said:

Smedley said:

angry

He does not support free college or Medicare for All 

In addition to not supporting free college or M4A that abolishes private insurance, you forgot to mention he also does not support AOC’s GND, Bernie’s national rent control plan, and probably other wackadoo radical far left policy proposals.

Good for him I say.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Help Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!