DUMP TRUMP (previously 2020 candidates)

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

Dennis_Seelbach said:

Feel free to out me. I have adopted the same attitude as XXXX, so there is no hiding involved, unlike someone named nan.

How do you know XXXX's attitude?  That is just something nohero said. 

Because I know her, and have sparred with her on many occasions right here on MOL.

Still does not mean you should be making decisions on public disclosures.  

nan said:

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

Dennis_Seelbach said:

Feel free to out me. I have adopted the same attitude as XXXX, so there is no hiding involved, unlike someone named nan.

Because I know her, and have sparred with her on many occasions right here on MOL.

Still does not mean you should be making decisions on public disclosures.  

Keep beatin' that there dead ol' horse !

nan said:

Dennis_Seelbach said:

That wasn't me.  Once again, I'm getting confused with another poster.

By the way, in the "facts matter" department, all I posted was that someone named XXXX had written something on Facebook that Ms. Nan quoted, and then insulted the writer.  I didn't say XXXX was on MOL, I said that someone could inform her that she'd been insulted on MOL.  Ms. XXXX happens to be someone that both I and Ms. Nan know, on the Facebook and in real life.

Ms. Nan started in with the "outrage" about naming people on MOL, so don't blame me for that.

nan said:

Someone should delete the real name of a person used here.  This is seriously unhinged behavior.  I just unfriended you on Facebook, by the way.  

I mentioned the name of a person who posted under that name on Facebook.  I recognized the words Ms. Nan quoted - they were from a response to something Ms. Nan posted in the "SOMA Talks Politics" FB group, so more than just Ms. Nan's "friends" would have seen it.

I guess I will no longer be seeing Jimmy Dore videos in my feed on the Facebook, if Ms. Nan has "unfriended" me.  In return she won't see pictures of my adorable granddaughter.  I definitely made out better on that deal.

nohero said:

That wasn't me.  Once again, I'm getting confused with another poster.

By the way, in the "facts matter" department, all I posted was that someone named XXXX had written something on Facebook that Ms. Nan quoted, and then insulted the writer.  I didn't say XXXX was on MOL, I said that someone could inform her that she'd been insulted on MOL.  Ms. XXXX happens to be someone that both I and Ms. Nan know, on the Facebook and in real life.

Ms. Nan started in with the "outrage" about naming people on MOL, so don't blame me for that.

I posted something I wanted to discuss--it was an anonymous example that was typical of what I often see.  I wanted to post a real example--I did not want to attack a person I am friends with on Facebook in a different venue. You cited the actual name of the person.  That was a horrible thing to do.  You outed someone.  I unfriended you on Facebook.  I can't unfriend you here. 

Let's get back to the 2020 candidates.   Here's a video on Amy Klobuchar, who has been polling low and been under the radar.  Turns out she has some skeletons in her closet similar to Kamala Harris.  Tim Black calls her Amy "Lock 'em Up" Klobuchar.  She had zero tolerance, locked people up for small crimes for the longest time possible.   She complained that the sentences were not long enough.  She was not progressive or trying to reform our broken criminal justice system.  Both she and Kamala were proud of their law and order records.  She locked people up for graffiti. 

Translation: Bernie Bots are now afraid of Klobuchar.

nan said:

STANV said:

She was talking about XXXXXX?

You really should delete that post.  

Every once in a while I agree with you. Done.

nan said:

You have people who think there is no greater evil on earth than Vladimir Putin, and he's not even in the running for that. Lots of competition there. 

And sometimes you are absolutely wrong. Putin's crimes are well known. He is evil. 

nan said:

I posted something I wanted to discuss--it was an anonymous example that was typical of what I often see.  I wanted to post a real example--I did not want to attack a person I am friends with on Facebook in a different venue. You cited the actual name of the person.  That was a horrible thing to do.  You outed someone.  I unfriended you on Facebook.  I can't unfriend you here. 

Right, you mocked what someone wrote on Facebook, but you did it here on MOL and not in reply on Facebook where she would be more likely to see it.  And covering up with the false "you outed someone" response.  Maybe instead, either apologize to that person for mocking her here, or tell it to her directly on Facebook.

STANV said:

And sometimes you are absolutely wrong. Putin's crimes are well known. He is evil. 

I did not say he was not. 

STANV said:

nan said:

You have people who think there is no greater evil on earth than Vladimir Putin, and he's not even in the running for that. Lots of competition there. 

If you're a dead Ukrainian killed by Russian forces, or a dead Syrian killed by Russian airstrikes that deliberately target civilians, where Putin stands on Ms. Nan's "evil rating" doesn't really matter. 

nohero said:

Right, you mocked what someone wrote on Facebook, but you did it here on MOL and not in reply on Facebook where she would be more likely to see it.  And covering up with the false "you outed someone" response.  Maybe instead, either apologize to that person for mocking her here, or tell it to her directly on Facebook.

I posted an example of a typical remark that I see from mainstream dems who listen to too much MSNBC.  I did not print her name because it had nothing to do with her personally--until you posted her name.  So, if she was humiliated--you are the one responsible.  Anyway, I never got to have the discussion I planned because you sent it off the rails with your outing of a person who did not deserve that.  Hopefully, this problem is solved going forward as I have unfriended you on Facebook.  You are the one in the wrong here.  Either apologize or get back to the topic of the thread which is the 2020 election. 

sbenois said:

Translation: Bernie Bots are now afraid of Klobuchar.

Every candidate that might go against Trump should be vetted and we have not seen that with Amy due to low polling numbers.  Since it seems the corporate MSM wants to push her now that all the others are dropping, we need to get up to speed on Amy.  

I doubt many Bernie Sanders supporters are going to defect to Klobuchar.  I'd say Buttigieg and Warren and the rest are the ones who need to worry.  My mother, who has gone through an interest in Harris and Warren, told me "I'm starting to like Klobuchar.  She's young and in the middle."   Of course, I gave her an earful, but I'm guessing that's her gal. 

nan said:

I posted an example of a typical remark that I see from mainstream dems who listen to too much MSNBC.  

And then you mocked her. From that post:

nan said:

Should Trump or another president decide to go to war with Russia, this person would likely support that and it is based on lies and propaganda. This person does not understand that she is helping us get closer to nuclear war.

nan said:

I posted an example of a typical remark that I see from mainstream dems who listen to too much MSNBC.  I did not print her name because it had nothing to do with her personally--until you posted her name.  

Lesson 1: It’s usually not too hard connect the dots on social media, so quoting a post and leaving off the name is a poor way to protect anonymity.

Lesson 2: If you write on social media that someone’s post “sounds off the wall-nuts” and that she “does not understand that she is helping us get closer to nuclear war,” it’s going to come off as personal.

ETA: Cross-posted with the previous comment.

On what basis can anyone believe that the almost isolationist Trump would go to War with anyone, let alone Putin whom he admires.

nohero said:

nan said:

I posted an example of a typical remark that I see from mainstream dems who listen to too much MSNBC.  

And then you mocked her. From that post:

nan said:

Should Trump or another president decide to go to war with Russia, this person would likely support that and it is based on lies and propaganda. This person does not understand that she is helping us get closer to nuclear war.

I posted her quote because I am critical of it and wanted to discuss it.  You were the one who exposed her real name and said I wanted to mock her.  I go on MOL to discuss politics, not to mock people.  I am not a troll. 

DaveSchmidt said:

Lesson 1: It’s usually not too hard connect the dots on social media, so quoting a post and leaving off the name is a poor way to protect anonymity.

Lesson 2: If you write on social media that someone’s post “sounds off the wall-nuts” and that she “does not understand that she is helping us get closer to nuclear war,” it’s going to come off as personal.

I post here anonymously and have a different name on Facebook.  nohero and one other poster are the only ones I also know on Facebook.  I figured he might recognize the quote, but never thought he would say the person's name out loud. It won't happen again because I unfriended him, which is kinda sad because I liked seeing nice pictures of his family and house and sometimes a cat. He once had a cat that tried to eat my dog.  Incredible animal. Actually, it might not have been his cat, but it was close to his house. OK, now I'm exposing too much personal information.  I'm getting off this post.  Can we pretty please go back to talking about politics?  I hate the major side-tracks where I have to respond to personal attacks.  That's not why I'm here. 

nan said:

Let's get back to the 2020 candidates.   Here's a video on Amy Klobuchar, who has been polling low and been under the radar.  Turns out she has some skeletons in her closet similar to Kamala Harris.  Tim Black calls her Amy "Lock 'em Up" Klobuchar.  She had zero tolerance, locked people up for small crimes for the longest time possible.   She complained that the sentences were not long enough.  She was not progressive or trying to reform our broken criminal justice system.  Both she and Kamala were proud of their law and order records.  She locked people up for graffiti. 

OK. I tried to watch the video. Made it through half way until I figured out the rest of the video was just him ranting.

nan - I'm honestly curious why you think a video like this is useful. As far as I can tell , the guy had no receipts. There was no data. Yeah he said a few things here and there that sounded like data, but who knows whether it was true or not, or what the real time context was?

A true waste of 10 minutes (well, for you, for me it was 5)

From what I could glean, Klobuchar was a prosecutor back in the 90's. Sad to say, "tough on crime" was the order of the day back then. Three strikes laws were popular. "Broken windows" was a thing many people from all sides supported. Remember that even Bernie voted for the 1994 Crime Bill. There was no real movement to "reform the criminal justice system" back then.  I am not impressed by this kind of Monday morning quarterbacking analysis. What matters is what is someone's position today - not 20 years ago.

STANV said:

On what basis can anyone believe that the almost isolationist Trump would go to War with anyone, let alone Putin whom he admires.

There are many scenarios where we could be at odds with Russia and one nation could perceive the other to be advancing some kind of attack.  We have NATO bases on Russian borders, which we promised not to do and then did anyway.  This is an aggressive stance.  Any incident there could provoke alarm. We have had incidents where at least one US ship ended up in Soviet water.  That could also be perceived as a real threat.  

In addition, we have had US-supported coups in Ukraine, Georgia and other places that threaten Russia. Thanks to heros Joe Biden and John McCain, we now have real Nazis with power in Ukraine renaming streets after Nazis.  These happened before Trump, but now we have Venezuela and Syria where we armed the "moderate rebels."   These are all provocative acts. 

And of course, we had the Steele Dossier, which was funded by neocons as deliberate propaganda to make us all hate Russians and think that they are under our beds and caused Hillary Clinton to lose an election to a crazy orange game show host. 

Assuming you are right and that Trump admires Putin, does little or nothing to prevent a war.  In our neoMcCathyistic anti-Russian environment, Trump cannot actually reach out to Putin and try to actually work with him.  He is pushed to act strong and tough against Russia and since Trump is an idiot, he might do something really stupid and Russia might respond. 

It is not so farfetched as you think.  Here is a brief history of the Cold War with Russia through the beginning of Russiagate:

drummerboy said:

OK. I tried to watch the video. Made it through half way until I figured out the rest of the video was just him ranting.

nan - I'm honestly curious why you think a video like this is useful. As far as I can tell , the guy had no receipts. There was no data. Yeah he said a few things here and there that sounded like data, but who knows whether it was true or not, or what the real time context was?

A true waste of 10 minutes (well, for you, for me it was 5)

From what I could glean, Klobuchar was a prosecutor back in the 90's. Sad to say, "tough on crime" was the order of the day back then. Three strikes laws were popular. "Broken windows" was a thing many people from all sides supported. Remember that even Bernie voted for the 1994 Crime Bill. There was no real movement to "reform the criminal justice system" back then.  I am not impressed by this kind of Monday morning quarterbacking analysis. What matters is what is someone's position today - not 20 years ago.

I am a Tim Black fan, but I realize he is an acquired taste.  I watched this video when it came out a few months ago but did not post it because I knew it was not going to go over well with the MOL crowd.  However, Klobuchar has been polling low and little attention has been paid to her history.  Tim Black gets credit for actually paying attention.  Few others have and I don't have any other videos so I'm posting it now.  I think this is a good video as an introduction to some issues with Amy. It's not meant to provide detailed receipts, but to create awareness.  I knew little about her other than the stories about her throwing things at her staff and eating a salad with a comb. I did find out about her relationship with "Big Pizza" during the debate.  

I agree that what someone is like today is more important than 20 years ago, but it's also important to find out how or if the person has evolved.  Kamala Harris never apologized or said she did anything wrong--or very little. She fell apart when confronted with her real record.  When asked about her negative actions at a debate, Amy tried to deflect and talk about something else that put her in a more positive light.  These are things that Trump might use against her.  We should know about them and, as usual, the mainstream media does not do its job when it comes to establishment Democrats.  So, I'm grateful to Tim Black for this video and if Amy keeps rising in the polls, there will be more by him and others  with better details. 

There are also plenty of non-hidden things about Amy to criticize, such as her lack of support for desperately needed programs such as M4A, GND, and free college.  She's very much an old-fashioned neoliberal incrementalist.  I find her more authentic than Buttigieg or Harris, who pretended to be Progressives for awhile. But, I don't think she would be a good president and she is not the kind of politician we need now. 

what a post

sometimes you outdo yourself

drummerboy said:

what a post

Oh, thanks.  I'm supposed to be cleaning my house.  I'm alternating between posting here and watching terrible holiday movies on Netflix. I think they give Hallmark a good run for the money.  I just had cookies for dinner.  Hopefully, I get off soon and start cleaning. I need this place clean by tomorrow. 

nan said:

drummerboy said:

what a post

Oh, thanks.  I'm supposed to be cleaning my house.  I'm alternating between posting here and watching terrible holiday movies on Netflix. I think they give Hallmark a good run for the money.  I just had cookies for dinner.  Hopefully, I get off soon and start cleaning. I need this place clean by tomorrow. 

I was talking about the one before. Too many coups in there for my taste.

nan said:

DaveSchmidt said:

I post here anonymously and have a different name on Facebook.  nohero and one other poster are the only ones I also know on Facebook.  I figured he might recognize the quote, but never thought he would say the person's name out loud. It won't happen again because I unfriended him, which is kinda sad because I liked seeing nice pictures of his family and house and sometimes a cat. He once had a cat that tried to eat my dog.  Incredible animal. Actually, it might not have been his cat, but it was close to his house. OK, now I'm exposing too much personal information.  I'm getting off this post.  Can we pretty please go back to talking about politics?  I hate the major side-tracks where I have to respond to personal attacks.  That's not why I'm here. 

Hate to tell you, but THIS attack started with YOU !

drummerboy said:

I was talking about the one before. Too many coups in there for my taste.

I'm giving you extra coups for Christmas.  Watch the video.  It's a good summary.  

drummerboy said:

Remember that even Bernie voted for the 1994 Crime Bill.

Shut your filthy mouth.  You're not allowed to talk about Bernie like that. 

He could have just voted present but he wanted to show his full support for that bill.

Dennis_Seelbach said:

Hate to tell you, but THIS attack started with YOU !

Yeah, no. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.