DUMP TRUMP (previously 2020 candidates)

Mayor Pete was interviewed by Rachel Maddow last night on her show, talking about his McKinsey work and health care.  In case anyone's interested.

[Edited to add] According to reviews on the Twitter, Rachel was hard on him and unfair, and also was easy on him and failed to follow up on his lame answers.  So, "reviews mixed".

Above is re:  Bernie the millionaire and his many houses as well as his  Amazing coat of many colors

Feel the Bern

nohero said:

Questioned About Role in Blue Cross Layoffs, Buttigieg Deflects With 'Incredibly Dishonest' Attack on Medicare for All"Buttigieg helped an insurance giant increase profits at the expense of workers. Now he's in trouble for it and he's frantically tossing out insurance industry talking points against Medicare for All."Mayor Pete was interviewed by Rachel Maddow last night on her show, talking about his McKinsey work and health care.  In case anyone's interested.

[Edited to add] According to reviews on the Twitter, Rachel was hard on him and unfair, and also was easy on him and failed to follow up on his lame answers.  So, "reviews mixed".

He was asked about his role in getting people terminated at an insurance company and he turned it into an attack on Medicare for All.  He's a big favorite of the insurance industry.  He wants to save their profit and greed--although he was happy to chop heads for them when he was a bit younger.  Basically, Pete's for hire to the biggest bidder.

Questioned About Role in Blue Cross Layoffs, Buttigieg Deflects With 'Incredibly Dishonest' Attack on Medicare for All

"Buttigieg helped an insurance giant increase profits at the expense of workers. Now he's in trouble for it and he's frantically tossing out insurance industry talking points against Medicare for All."

https://tinyurl.com/v4h2z59

"Buttigieg's work for McKinsey almost certainly led to downsizing at Blue Cross, but he's firing back by saying that Medicare for All will destroy all insurance jobs—without mentioning that Bernie's bill contains a provision for compensation and retraining," tweeted Jacobin's Meagan Day, a vocal supporter of Sanders."

What is Bernie's compensation for the 2 million people he intends to layoff?

I may have used the 2 million figure before myself, but I think health insurance jobs are more on the order of 600k. Still a lot of people.

jamie said:

You are basically repeating Pete's refusal to answer the question.  Bernie's plan includes assistance and retraining for those affected, by the way.  Are you proposing that the millions of people who die because they can't afford healthcare or who go bankrupt or who just can't go to the doctor should continue to do so so some people can stay employed and the companies can continue to make huge profits? 

And Buttigieg was involved in planning on laying them off and in raising rates--why does that not bother you? He's a gun for hire. 

nan said:

jamie said:

You are basically repeating Pete's refusal to answer the question.  Bernie's plan includes assistance and retraining for those affected, by the way.  Are you proposing that the millions of people who die because they can't afford healthcare or who go bankrupt or who just can't go to the doctor should continue to do so so some people can stay employed and the companies can continue to make huge profits? 

And Buttigieg was involved in planning on laying them off and in raising rates--why does that not bother you? He's a gun for hire. 

You said Bernie was offering compensation and training - I was only asking what the compensation would be.  I have no idea what what my question had to do with Pete.

Doesn't bother me at all that Mayor Pete took a McKinsey job.  I applaud it.

jamie said:

nan said:

jamie said:

You said Bernie was offering compensation and training - I was only asking what the compensation would be.  I have no idea what what my question had to do with Pete.

It had nothing to do with Pete other than Nan is scared **** of him so she takes every opportunity to blast him - even dumb ones like this non-issue.   

sbenois said:

It had nothing to do with Pete other than Nan is scared **** of him so she takes every opportunity to blast him - even dumb ones like this non-issue.   

Um, it was posted right after my post about Pete dodging the question on his history with the same question Jamie asked.  It's a little too late for the learning here. 

Dear Nan....

THIS WAS JAMIE'S QUESTION...do you see ANY MENTION OF PETE THERE?

jamie said:

Thank you.   

sbenois said:

Dear Nan....

THIS WAS JAMIE'S QUESTION...do you see ANY MENTION OF PETE THERE?

jamie said:

Thank you.   

Stop trying to gaslight and manufacture nonsense.

Okay - the part I was responding to was the concern that pete didn't mention the compensation and training part of Bernie's plan - which was in the quote by Meagan Day.

So I was merely asking - what is Bernie's plan for compensation that Pete didn't mention.

It shouldn't be that hard of a question - I guess I can google it.

jamie said:

Okay - the part I was responding to was the concern that pete didn't mention the compensation and training part of Bernie's plan - which was in the quote by Meagan Day.

So I was merely asking - what is Bernie's plan for compensation that Pete didn't mention.

It shouldn't be that hard of a question - I guess I can google it.

Of course Pete did not mention re-training and assistance for workers--that would have ruined his attack.  And why are you even asking except to attack yourself--you don't care if they are giving a million bucks to every displaced worker--you have made it clear you are not voting for Bernie.  

Why did Bernie take campaign contributions from evil McKinsey people?  Did he return the money?   

ok, simple answer must be - you don't know or you're afraid to say - I honestly can't find it.  Should I never question Bernie's policies?  what the heck?  I want to know - this is a huge issue, especially if he's the nominee.

and I will vote for Bernie if he's the nominee.  I do think he lose to Trump big time. 

jamie said:

ok, simple answer must be - you don't know or you're afraid to say - I honestly can't find it.  Should I never question Bernie's policies?  what the heck?  I want to know - this is a huge issue, especially if he's the nominee.

and I will vote for Bernie if he's the nominee.  I do think he lose to Trump big time. 

loses to Trump based on what?   Almost every poll says he beats Trump. 

nan said:

loses to Trump based on what?   Almost every poll says he beats Trump. 

every poll says pretty much everyone beats Trump (nationally anyway)

jamie said:

Jobs with the government facilitating the new Medicare for all program

sbenois said:

Why did Bernie take campaign contributions from evil McKinsey people?  Did he return the money?   

https://readsludge.com/2019/11/20/mckinsey-employees-open-their-wallets-for-alumnus-pete-buttigieg/

author said:

sbenois said:

https://readsludge.com/2019/11/20/mckinsey-employees-open-their-wallets-for-alumnus-pete-buttigieg/

Bernie received his $400.00 from seven individuals within the organizations.  He bought ice cream sundaes for his staff

drummerboy said:

every poll says pretty much everyone beats Trump (nationally anyway)

What really is the point of national polls? They need to poll state-by-state to determine how the Electoral College vote leans.

author said:

jamie said:

I would say that might fall into the training category - that's not compensation.  

jamie said:

author said:

jamie said:

I would say that might fall into the training category - that's not compensation.  

Well with the zillions of health insurance staff people losing their employment............it would only stand to reason that the Federal Government would then need a zillion new employees to implement the new Medicare for all program.........they would be employees, not trainees.

When you get fired from your job - does your employer compensate you by giving you another job?  Please show me examples of this.  

Senator Warren's speech today in New Hampshire.  Among other topics, some references to other candidates, including: "Some candidates have at least put forward campaign finance reform plans. But if you want to know about a candidate’s commitment to reform, don’t just look at what they say they will do — look at what they’re doing right now."

The whole thing: https://medium.com/@teamwarren/building-a-government-that-works-for-everyone-337570a805d4

It's not just that warren announces a Plan for each problem, she actually puts together teams of experts to advise her and help her come up with her proposals. I have to think she would govern the same way and that would be a complete change from Trump and a dramatic change from a number of former Presidents. Like any politicians she has flaws but she is very serious and very smart and focused on issues.

Some politicians run for office because they want to do something and others run because they want to be something. I believe that sanders and Warren and probably Yang and former candidate Bennett are in the former category. Not sure about any of the others.   

jamie said:

When you get fired from your job - does your employer compensate you by giving you another job?  Please show me examples of this.  

Don't have to...............This is not a compensation.....it is a need.   When Medicare for all is adopted, and the entire "First World Nations" but us have done that......but when we finally get around to doing it,  certainly the program will be vastly expanded.  With said expansion will come the need for millions of new hires.  Who better qualified than those who have worked in the health insurance field?  Or in brief

"To each according to his needs.......From each according to his abilities."    Love that phrase

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.