DUMP TRUMP (previously 2020 candidates)

Walt Disney was born on this day, December 5th, 1901. He said “It all started with a mouse.” Today @Disney, we remind ourselves it all started with this man!

https://twitter.com/RobertIger/status/1202540987219873792

cramer said:

Walt Disney was born on this day, December 5th, 1901. He said “It all started with a mouse.” Today @Disney, we remind ourselves it all started with this man!

A toast! 

nohero said:

cramer said:

A toast! 

And a toast to Iger, who is one of the most decent, honorable, smart and successful CEO's in Hollywood. 

Just saw this great advert from Biden's campaign, embedded in the following stories. Say what you will about Biden, but his campaign didn't waste time. They're on top of this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/12/05/joe-biden-campaign-ad-laughing-trump-trudeau-macron-nato/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/05/joe-biden-targets-trumps-nato-sore-spot-with-video-mash-up-of-mockery

BG9 said:

Just saw this great advert from Biden's campaign, embedded in the following stories. Say what you will about Biden, but his campaign didn't waste time. They're on top of this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/12/05/joe-biden-campaign-ad-laughing-trump-trudeau-macron-nato/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/05/joe-biden-targets-trumps-nato-sore-spot-with-video-mash-up-of-mockery

It's a good ad, but the decision on a nominee shouldn't be based on who trolls Trump the best.

nohero said:

The Disney Party would have won, if third-party Hanna Barbera's candidate Yogi Bear hadn't drawn away votes.

Curse those extremist Hanna Barberians and their demands for free pick-a-nick baskets for everyone.

Before moving on from Senator Harris, those of you on the Twitter can help her get to 1,000,000 "likes" for this response to Trump:

mrincredible said:

Curse those extremist Hanna Barberians and their demands for free pick-a-nick baskets for everyone.

I’ll vote for Hanna Barbera every time. In fact, Captain Caveman is running for NJ Senate, and I’ve already made a donation and got my Zowie Cavey 2020! pin.

STANV said:

Any of the Democratic candidates can beat trump and any of the Democratic candidates can lose to Trump. It depends on how the nominee runs his or her campaign and it may depend on events between now and the election which we cannot foresee. 

Pick the Democratic candidate whose policies you support or who you think will make the best president an support that candidate with your time and money.

I believe Nan is doing that and I commend her for that. I don't know about anyone else here.

I wish all Democratic voters would do this.  Don't be distracted by pundit narratives about "electability."  Vote for the person you think has the best ideas, and would be the best president.  

ml1 said:

I wish all Democratic voters would do this.  Don't be distracted by pundit narratives about "electability."  Vote for the person you think has the best ideas, and would be the best president.  

As long is Marianne Williamson is still running in June, I'm with you!

Honestly, I do really hope one of the women candidates is still actively campaigning in June. If, as some people are positing, the NJ primary won't have any effect, I want to send a message with my vote.

ridski said:

I’ll vote for Hanna Barbera every time. In fact, Captain Caveman is running for NJ Senate, and I’ve already made a donation and got my Zowie Cavey 2020! pin.

He's in the pocket of the Big Club lobbyists. You're obviously not a true Hanna Barbera voter. It's Penelope Pitstop all the way for me.

mrincredible said:

author said:

Impossible because Elmer Fudd is not a Disney Character.   

That's part of the analogy. The Disney party loses to the WB party. Try to keep up.

Lemmings keep up

author said:

Lemmings keep up

I enjoyed that comeback.

author said:

Lemmings keep up

Fun fact: the whole myth about lemmings plummeting en masse into the sea was perpetuated by a 1958 Disney documentary called White Wilderness. The filmmakers staged the whole "lemmings blindly following each other to their death" scene.

mrincredible said:

author said:

Lemmings keep up

Fun fact: the whole myth about lemmings plummeting en masse into the sea was perpetuated by a 1958 Disney documentary called White Wilderness. The filmmakers staged the whole "lemmings blindly following each other to their death" scene.

I don't think there's anything "fun" about that.

drummerboy said:

Depends on your definition of fun.

mrincredible said:

drummerboy said:

Depends on your definition of fun.

That ain't the way to have fun, son.

jimmurphy said:

This quote seems to support Smedley's argument:  

"Extreme candidates, the researchers say, may mobilize their party’s base — but they tend to activate their opponent’s base even more than their own, resulting in a net loss on turnout. They also seem to lose habitual voters — the people who almost always turn out to vote — to the opposition party, while moderate nominees hold on to those voters. In this way, extreme nominees lose votes in two ways: mobilization and persuasion."

"Extremism in the pursuit of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue".

Of course the candidate who said that suffered one of the worst defeats in history.

But only in the USA is someone like Bernie Sanders considered "extreme".  To mu knowledge he hasn't called for the Nationalization of all banks or government takeover of any industry.

Today as in 1964 the extremism is on the Right. They are trying to pass a law in Ohio banning all abortions, making a woman who undergoes abortion subject to prosecution for murder and compelling physicians who operates on a woman with an ectopic pregnancy to reinsert the embryo into her uterus.

I do not know of a single Democratic official who favors abolition of all immigration laws, so called "open borders' but Stephen Miller and other Republicans oppose all immigration.

Herding fist-sized rodents off a cliff by the hundreds and pretending it's a documentary ain't no way to go through life, son.

Marmots told me not to come.

ridski said:

Herding fist-sized rodents off a cliff by the hundreds and pretending it's a documentary ain't no way to go through life, son.

Kerry endorses Biden. Not a surprise or a particularly big deal, but that + Biden's recent polling strength make it pretty clear that he's not going away anytime soon. I thought maybe he'd bow out early to go take a nap, but perhaps he is being, as GWB would say, misunderestimated. The new Biden ad out is pretty dang good I must say.  

another reason not to trust Mayor Pete. Is he really not aware that since Reagan, the only time deficits go down us under Dem leadership?

Is he really this damn stupid? Go away Pete.

So Hillary is now redbaiting Bernie.   Isn't it interesting that Russia always wants the candidates who oppose the neoliberal establishment hacks?  Wonder why that is?  Humm.   This is the expected fallout from the Russiagate hoax--now it's used to attack people on the left, especially Progressives.  They are doing the same thing to Jeremy Corbyn over in the UK--saying he is Putin's favorite. 

She cites fake evidence to say that the Russians wanted Bernie. Also, the notion that if Russia favors one candidate, everyone should favor the other?  Putin favored Obama in the 2008 election because he thought he would be better to work with than Romney or McCain.  He did not want to go to war with the US.  The other two made it more likely we would.  

Reminder:  Bernie did endorse Hillary and did 39 speeches for her all across the country.  They are completely ungrateful and even attacked him for using her campaign's private jet because he had to quickly get from one Hillary speech to another.  

So, once again, Hillary demonstrates that the Dems would rather have Trump than Bernie. She cares more about her personal situation than the whole country.  Vote for Bernie.  Send her and those corrupt creatures packing.  Hillary is just repulsive and bitter and so so thoughtless and vengeful.  She is staying involved with politics so her enemies won't get the pleasure of seeing her gone.  Meanwhile, Bernie is in politics so people can get Medicare for All and free college.  

drummerboy said:

another reason not to trust Mayor Pete. Is he really not aware that since Reagan, the only time deficits go down us under Dem leadership?

He should have run as a Republican. It would make more sense. 

drummerboy said:

Or just unaware?  

The guy just isn't ready.

Joe Biden had kind of a moment today. I wonder if the stress of the campaign is getting to him. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/05/785205068/in-tense-exchange-biden-calls-iowa-voter-a-damn-liar-challenges-him-to-iq-test

I'm not sure how this will play with the Democratic electorate.

mrincredible said:

Joe Biden had kind of a moment today. I wonder if the stress of the campaign is getting to him. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/05/785205068/in-tense-exchange-biden-calls-iowa-voter-a-damn-liar-challenges-him-to-iq-test

I'm not sure how this will play with the Democratic electorate.

I saw that tape. Joe saw it as an attack on his son and reacted as a father. Just like Melania reacted to Prof. Karlan making a joke about her son's name.

nan said:

He should have run as a Republican. It would make more sense. 

Don't know about Pete but he other Mayor in the race should certainly be running as a Republican.

nan said:

So Hillary is now redbaiting Bernie.   Isn't it interesting that Russia always wants the candidates who oppose the neoliberal establishment hacks?  Wonder why that is?  Humm.   This is the expected fallout from the Russiagate hoax--now it's used to attack people on the left, especially Progressives.  They are doing the same thing to Jeremy Corbyn over in the UK--saying he is Putin's favorite. 

She cites fake evidence to say that the Russians wanted Bernie. Also, the notion that if Russia favors one candidate, everyone should favor the other?  Putin favored Obama in the 2008 election because he thought he would be better to work with than Romney or McCain.  He did not want to go to war with the US.  The other two made it more likely we would.  

Reminder:  Bernie did endorse Hillary and did 39 speeches for her all across the country.  They are completely ungrateful and even attacked him for using her campaign's private jet because he had to quickly get from one Hillary speech to another.  

So, once again, Hillary demonstrates that the Dems would rather have Trump than Bernie. She cares more about her personal situation than the whole country.  Vote for Bernie.  Send her and those corrupt creatures packing.  Hillary is just repulsive and bitter and so so thoughtless and vengeful.  She is staying involved with politics so her enemies won't get the pleasure of seeing her gone.  Meanwhile, Bernie is in politics so people can get Medicare for All and free college.  

It's a mischaracterization of what she said. She said the Russians wanted Trump. Stern tried to bait her into attacking Bernie and all she said was that he should have endorsed her sooner. She should not have said anything, but there was no red baiting.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.