2008 Kennedy Center Honors: The Who! (?) archived

I can't explain.

(but it's true, Morgan Freeman, Twyla Tharp, George Jones and Pete and Roger sitting with George and Laura Bush)

Go figure.

momma's got a squeezebox?

From the land of the bizarre...

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/12/08/dave-grohl-chris-cornell-pay-tribute-to-the-who-at-the-kennedy-center-honors/

It (really is) only teenage wasteland......

Reminder this is on tonight......worth it to see Roger and Pete with Barbra Streisand.....and a performance of Who Are You-uncut- with all the dignitaries in the house..

Long Live Rock!

Far OUT, man...I'll be watching that one.

nice, can't wait.

i got values but i don't know how or why

I am really having a hard time with the thought of watching this. It is just too weird to me. Can you imagine if Keith Moon was still alive and went to this thing?

So, Benjamin Button or The Who? I think I may opt for the movies.

P.S. Who Are You is not performed by them...

Live thread for this?

Nah it's just toooooooooo weird. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

If Librarylady comes here in the next 15 minutes and demands live coverage I will call the Sbenois PAC to order. Otherwise it's Valkyrie.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I didn't know that there was a challenge that you would not rise to.

IT'S CREEEEEEEEPPING ME OUT NOHERO. DON'T YA GET IT?

We're all there with you, but how else will we make it through this?

George W Bush is going to be tapping his shoes to Bettye LaVette singing Love Reign O'er Me with Pete Townshend sitting right next to him. Now how the ***** am I supposed to react to that? It's BIZARRO WORLD.

DICK CHENEY IS GOING TO WATCH DAVE GROHL SING WHO THE ***** ARE YOU.

IT IS THE END OF THE WORLD. GOD.

Would this make you feel better?

Dammit.

Is The Who on first?

Which reminds me: Caroline Kennedy is not qualified to be a Senator for one more good reason: they still haven't given McCartney a second chance to get his award.

Don't know when they're on, but here's a preview of George W's "tribute" -

He gets 9-11 into it (imagine that).

Posted By: sbenoisWhich reminds me: Caroline Kennedy is not qualified to be a Senator for one more good reason: they still haven't given McCartney a second chance to get his award.

Hey, I had to wait an additional Administration for the chance at a Springsteen honors ...

Okay, I think there might be some live coverage. I forgot about that very special moment when Streisand is greeted by the man she most reviles in the world....

so...

To me, the most amusing moment of this telecast was seeing the President mouthing the words to a George Jones song (performed by Garth Brooks) while the camera showed Jones, with Bush sitting beyond him. The Pres didn't sing along w/ any Who tunes (or other honorees) that I could see, though......

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!