"Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC"

nohero said:

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

What is at issue is that you [nohero] said Sanders delegates chanted "Lock her up" in the convention. 
Not that I can find. Then again, I’ve been distracted by far less important points.

Not that it's video, just a reporter spending time with a Bernie delegate on the floor of the convention.

In an arena filled with disgusted Bernie Sanders supporters, Yolanda Gonzalez, a Los Angeles delegate for Sanders, repeatedly screamed ‘Lock her up!’ as speakers droned on about party unity.

It was a chant aired frequently during the Republican convention in Cleveland, which featured speech after speech about Benghazi and Clinton’s scandals.

‘Basically, Hillary has gotten away with things that regular other citizens haven’t been able to. She compromised the security of this nation. By having emails on her personal server,’ Gonzalez told DailyMail.com, in between bouts of yelling during the frequent lively breaks that interrupted speeches when Clinton got mentioned.

'Lock her up!' Bernie supporter screams from tense convention floor while new DNC chair warns of 'persecution' and 'xenophobia'

In mathematics, that would be an indirect proof.  Mr. Surovell claims no delegate was chanting "Lock her up" on the convention floor.  Finding an example of a delegate chanting "Lock her up" on the convention floor disproves his claim and proves that they did chant it.

We're down to one. Not yet "some."

Edited to add: The next time you mock The Daily Mail I'll remind you of this.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

This was a speech on the last night of the convention.  Secretary Clinton was already the Democratic nominee.  On stage, a large group of veterans, supporting her candidacy against Donald Trump.  General Allen's speech was a powerful endorsement, not of war, but against the type of foreign and military policy which would come about if Trump were elected -
My fellow Americans, I stand with you tonight as a retired four-star general of the United States Marine Corps, and I am joined by my fellow generals and admirals, and with these magnificent young veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. They went there and risked their lives because they love this country. They are here before you because this is the most consequential race for the Presidency in memory.

The stakes are enormous. We must not, we could not stand on the sidelines. This election can carry us to a future of unity and hope, or to a dark place of discord and fear. We must choose hope.

Every American, in uniform or out, in the White House or at home, must be a force for unity in America, for a vision that includes all of us: every man and woman, every race, every ethnicity, every faith and creed, every gender orientation – all of us together pursuing our common values.
But I also know that with her as our Commander-in-Chief, our international relations will NOT be reduced to a business transaction. Our armed forces will NOT become an instrument of torture, and they will NOT be ordered to engage in murder or carry out other illegal activities.
The Democrats were obviously trying to "steal a march" on the GOP to undercut the traditional arguments used against Democratic candidates.  They put on the full spectacle with flags all over the arena and "USA" signs and chants of "USA" as a direct push-back against the GOP.  Like I said, a convention is a commercial for the party and the nominee.

And a small group of people protested the general's speech and people on stage.  Mr. Surovell states "the Hillary supporters (under the direction of their leaders) tried to down them out with 'USA, USA . . .' " I suppose those supporters also ran around the arena at that point distributing flags and signs that said "USA".  Mr. Surovell's claim is a "fake news" version of what took place.  The Bernie supporters decided that they were going to insert their own "commercial" into the DNC's commercial for the nominee.  I already indicated my opinion of something like that.

So, if the protest described by Mr. Surovell was a "defining moment", then it was for those people who argued that if one was truly anti-war, the right choice was NOT to vote for Hillary Clinton (if not vote for Donald Trump).  The word "stupid" is a mild word to describe that argument.
And what is your opinion of the vote by nearly all Democratic senators for an $80 billion increase in military spending, $26 billion more than Trump asked for? Were they supporting Trump?

I assume you're talking about the voting on the next Defense Authorization.  I don't have an opinion on what the Senate passed.  It's my understanding that there's a House version, as well.  It's also my understanding that none of this is finalized.  It's also my understanding that there's all sorts of stuff in a bill like that, and just talking a bottom-line number doesn't seem productive.  It would make more sense to talk about what the money is being spent on, and also what non-dollar provisions there are (such as with respect to what the President can and cannot do).  So with all that (and the fact that it's a tangent from what the discussion is about), I'm done.

"I don't have an opinion on what the Senate passed" -- > because you're a toady to the Democratic Party establishment.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

In an arena filled with disgusted Bernie Sanders supporters, Yolanda Gonzalez, a Los Angeles delegate for Sanders, repeatedly screamed ‘Lock her up!’ as speakers droned on about party unity.

It was a chant aired frequently during the Republican convention in Cleveland, which featured speech after speech about Benghazi and Clinton’s scandals.

‘Basically, Hillary has gotten away with things that regular other citizens haven’t been able to. She compromised the security of this nation. By having emails on her personal server,’ Gonzalez told DailyMail.com, in between bouts of yelling during the frequent lively breaks that interrupted speeches when Clinton got mentioned.
'Lock her up!' Bernie supporter screams from tense convention floor while new DNC chair warns of 'persecution' and 'xenophobia'

In mathematics, that would be an indirect proof.  Mr. Surovell claims no delegate was chanting "Lock her up" on the convention floor.  Finding an example of a delegate chanting "Lock her up" on the convention floor disproves his claim and proves that they did chant it.

As you know, only one was necessary to prove the proposition, and your "nobody did it" claim was wrong.  That's actually the second news account I cited about the Bernie delegates.  But since you didn't count the first one, here's one more -

When House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi spoke, Sanders delegates from California chanted “Lock her up!”—drowning her out with calls for “Bernie!” California’s Secretary of State Alex Padillo was nearly impossible to hear, as delegates demanded “Count the votes!” and “You got served!”

http://observer.com/2016/07/dnc-struggles-to-unite-as-sanders-supporters-revolt/

[Edited to add]  You'll have to refresh my recollection about mocking The Daily Mail.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

And what is your opinion of the vote by nearly all Democratic senators for an $80 billion increase in military spending, $26 billion more than Trump asked for? Were they supporting Trump?
I assume you're talking about the voting on the next Defense Authorization.  I don't have an opinion on what the Senate passed.  It's my understanding that there's a House version, as well.  It's also my understanding that none of this is finalized.  It's also my understanding that there's all sorts of stuff in a bill like that, and just talking a bottom-line number doesn't seem productive.  It would make more sense to talk about what the money is being spent on, and also what non-dollar provisions there are (such as with respect to what the President can and cannot do).  So with all that (and the fact that it's a tangent from what the discussion is about), I'm done.
"I don't have an opinion on what the Senate passed" -- > because you're a toady to the Democratic Party establishment.

No, it's because of how I explained it in the text you quoted.

You need to get the hang of "criticize the post not the poster", which you're not doing well today at all.

LOST said:

Hope this makes some of you happy,

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/15/tim-kaine-end-superdelegates-244944

Good that he said it.  Not holding my breath. He already has a plan for what to do if they don't.  Sounds like he does not really expect them to change.

Don't be so pessimistic. He's a major player, VP candidate, former DNC Chair, former Governor of VA and now a US Senator.

Does not matter--they are not givng them up.  I will be glad to be proven wrong.  

LOST said:

Don't be so pessimistic. He's a major player, VP candidate, former DNC Chair, former Governor of VA and now a US Senator.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

As you know, only one was necessary to prove the proposition, and your "nobody did it" claim was wrong.  That's actually the second news account I cited about the Bernie delegates.  But since you didn't count the first one, here's one more -
When House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi spoke, Sanders delegates from California chanted “Lock her up!”—drowning her out with calls for “Bernie!” California’s Secretary of State Alex Padillo was nearly impossible to hear, as delegates demanded “Count the votes!” and “You got served!”

http://observer.com/2016/07/dnc-struggles-to-unite-as-sanders-supporters-revolt/

[Edited to add]  You'll have to refresh my recollection about mocking The Daily Mail.

You didn't prove your proposition that "they" (Sanders delegates) chanted "Lock her up" in the convention by citing one delegate.

With regard to the Observer piece, the video of Nancy Pelosi's speech contains no chants of "Lock her up."  You're back to a single delegate. And of course, I can't sign off without noting that your task was so desperate that you were forced to quote Jared Kushner's paper, And as it turns out, Jared didn't deliver for you. Here's the evidence:

LOST said:

Kaine has pretty strong moral roots. Donna Brazile's expose probably got to him.

nohero said:

No, it's because of how I explained it in the text you quoted.

You need to get the hang of "criticize the post not the poster", which you're not doing well today at all.

You are correct. I apologize.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

You didn't prove your proposition that "they" (Sanders delegates) chanted "Lock her up" in the convention by citing one delegate.

With regard to the Observer piece, the video of Nancy Pelosi's speech contains no chants of "Lock her up."  You're back to a single delegate. And of course, I can't sign off without noting that your task was so desperate that you were forced to quote Jared Kushner's paper, And as it turns out, Jared didn't deliver for you. Here's the evidence:

uunder mining

I'll take your word for it that you carefully listened to the whole 10 minutes of that clip to detect what chants, cheers, or other background noise was picked up by the microphone during that speech.

I don't think wasting time doing that made any sense, so I didn't listen to it.  Two reasons for that come to mind.

(1)  Sorry, I was relying on contemporaneous (there's that word again) news accounts.  I had three, I didn't conduct an exhaustive search.  You haven't given any reason why people should think they made it up.  I keep using that word "contemporaneous" because there wasn't any report or commentary contradicting those reports.  Only after the successful undermining of Hillary's candidacy does it matter, apparently, to contradict the reports from the time.

(2) More important, it doesn't matter.  You have to admit that Bernie people were all over chanting "lock her up", at convention events and in the streets.  If you want people to think that, somehow, they all agreed NOT to say that in the convention arena, there's no reason to think that.  In the arena, there is ample video and photo evidence that they booed, they jeered, they tried to shout down speakers, they turned the "HIllary" signs they were given on the last night into "Liar" signs, they had a big "WikiLeaks" banner, they had protest tee shirts, and they staged a walkout AFTER the vote confirming Hillary's nomination.  [Edited to add:  This is not a complete list, but you get the point.]

They put on a big anti-Hillary show for the nation, which as I have pointed out before was a commercial helping Donald Trump.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

uunder mining

I'll take your word for it that you carefully listened to the whole 10 minutes of that clip to detect what chants, cheers, or other background noise was picked up by the microphone during that speech.

I don't think wasting time doing that made any sense, so I didn't listen to it.  Two reasons for that come to mind.

(1)  Sorry, I was relying on contemporaneous (there's that word again) news accounts.  I had three, I didn't conduct an exhaustive search.  You haven given any reason why people should think they made it up.  I keep using that word "contemporaneous" because there wasn't any report or commentary contradicting those reports.  Only after the successful undermining of Hillary's candidacy does it matter, apparently, to contradict the reports from the time.

(2) More important, it doesn't matter.  You have to admit that Bernie people were all over chanting "lock her up", at convention events and in the streets.  If you want people to think that, somehow, they all agreed NOT to say that in the convention arena, there's no reason to think that.  In the arena, there is ample video and photo evidence that they booed, they jeered, they tried to shout down speakers, they turned the "HIllary" signs they were given on the last night into "Liar" signs, they had a big "WikiLeaks" banner, they had protest tee shirts, and they staged a walkout AFTER the vote confirming Hillary's nomination.  [Edited to add:  This is not a complete list, but you get the point.]

They put on a big anti-Hillary show for the nation, which as I have pointed out before was a commercial helping Donald Trump.

You cited one "contemporaneous" account that said "some."  A second account that said "one."  And a third account published by Jared Kushner that is contradicted by the evidence. I sure hope for your clients' sake that you don't use that kind of evidence in the courtroom.

But your larger point that the "anti-Hillary show" was a "commercial helping Donald Trump" is essentially an argument against democracy and the right to peaceful protest as well as against Democratic Party tradition.

Here are two examples of the "anti-Obama show" by Hillary supporters in 2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T133HavQld0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFF0sfrxlE

And by the way, there were all kinds of protesters outside the convention, not just "Bernie people." Note the AP photo of a demonstration outside the convention below. Not a Sanders sign in sight.

paulsurovell said:

And by the way, there were all kinds of protesters outside the convention, not just "Bernie people." Note the AP photo of a demonstration outside the convention below. Not a Sanders sign in sight.

For the record, that demonstration photo was taken about six miles from the convention.

Vox Still Gaslighting Progressives About Rigged Primary

Also for the record, upon further reading: The clean-energy rally on Market Street in the AP photo was separate from the large march down Broad Street to the convention arena that same day by Sanders supporters, so it’s no wonder the Sanders signs were missing.

I wouldn’t be submitting that photo as court evidence, either.

The Sanders supporters were treated like crap by the DNC and if the protests helped Trump it was because the DNC made it clear that they did not care about the votes of the Progressives.  When someone treats you like crap, you often don't feel like voting for them, especially since Wikileaks had come out and the corruption used during the primary was exposed.

2016 Democratic National Convention: The Young Turks Summary

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

For the record, that demonstration photo was taken about six miles from the convention.

Right. They were likely marching toward the convention, depending on the police permit.  There were about 30 separate protests at the convention. Here's a partial list with map: https://philly.curbed.com/maps/democratic-national-convention-protests-locations

I'll bet nohero is especially angry with Nuns on the Bus.

paulsurovell said:

Right. They were likely marching toward the convention, depending on the police permit. 

Not unless it was 1787. The environmental demonstration headed east on Market from City Hall to Independence Hall, site of the Constitutional Convention, rather than south on Broad like the Sanders supporters to the Wells Fargo Center, site of the Democratic National Convention.

LOST said:

Don't know about chanting but Author believes she should be locked up.

Hillary Clinton was a successful US Senator and then Secretary of State. The Right-Wing has run a vicious and false personal campaign against her for years. But even if every single allegation against her was true anyone who would not choose her over the Spawn of Satan was either obsessed with money, racist, or completely unaware of this scumbag's history.  

Hillary became Senator because of her last name.  As far as being Secretary of State she was successful in

extorting money from almost half the people who wanted face time with her.  Will not even mention her 

E mails on her private server after being told several times to knock it off

I believed she should be exiled to a working class neighborhood in Staten Island

you're such an _ _ _

(poster's are encouraged to fill in the blank on their own. You may use more letters.)

EVERYTHING you say is wrong.

You are impervious to facts.

How do you make it through the day?

Name ONE THING that Hillary did as a favor to a contribution. ONE.

As for the email, I guarantee you have not clue one about what the actual issue is regarding emails. And why Comey, who has been after the Clintons since he was a Republican lawyer for Whitewater (do you even know that?), was unable to come up with a charge.

Historians will look upon people like you and wonder, what is it that made them lose their minds over Hillary Clinton - one of the most dedicated and honest public servants of this era.

You're everything that's wrong with America.

Sleep well.

author said:

LOST said:

Hillary Clinton was a successful US Senator and then Secretary of State. The Right-Wing has run a vicious and false personal campaign against her for years. But even if every single allegation against her was true anyone who would not choose her over the Spawn of Satan was either obsessed with money, racist, or completely unaware of this scumbag's history.  

Hillary became Senator because of her last name.  As far as being Secretary of State she was successful in

extorting money from almost half the people who wanted face time with her.  Will not even mention her 

I believed she should be exiled to a working class neighborhood in Staten Island

drummerboy said:

you're such an _ _ _

(poster's are encouraged to fill in the blank on their own. You may use more letters.)

As for the email, I guarantee you have not clue one about what the actual issue is regarding emails. And why Comey, who has been after the Clintons since he was a Republican lawyer for Whitewater (do you even know that?), was unable to come up with a charge.

Historians will look upon people like you and wonder, what is it that made them lose their minds over Hillary Clinton - one of the most dedicated and honest public servants of this era.

Sleep well.

author said:

LOST said:

Have you ever managed to send a message to anyone who happened to hold a different opinion than yours without resorting to insults.  That is declasse'and oh so juevenile

As far as the servers go I know perfectly well what happened there.  And the investigations that are now starting........to quote Malcolm  "the chickens have come home to roost"

And as what I have given to America..........kid I paid my dues many times over while you were  still in 

diapers.  Your drumsticks reverberate as much as chop sticks

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

Right. They were likely marching toward the convention, depending on the police permit.
Not unless it was 1787. The environmental demonstration headed east on Market from City Hall to Independence Hall, site of the Constitutional Convention, rather than south on Broad like the Sanders supporters to the Wells Fargo Center, site of the Democratic National Convention.

Thanks, can't believe I left out the word "constitutional." oh oh The route which you correctly pointed out from City Hall to Independence Hall (Philly showoff), was planned in advance:

http://www.cleanenergymarch.org/about/march-details/

Actually, none of the 30 or so protests were allowed to march to the DNC convention site, as the partial list referenced earlier shows.  There were two incidents where protesters were detained, but not arrested, for trying to breach the convention perimeter. And there was a silent sit-in protest of about 150 Bernie delegates who walked out of the convention, in addition to the previously discussed protests of delegates inside the convention, that included one delegate who said "Lock her up."

Democracy was alive and well at the DNC convention in 2016.

It has nothing to with "holding a different opinion".

It has everything to do with believing things which have no basis in reality. This is not an asset except for the people who are your real enemies, for whom you provide unwitting support.

In that regard, Trump thanks you for helping to harm Hillary Clinton. 

You are full of slogans with no supporting evidence. In all your posts about Hillary Clinton, you have never posted anything close to an actual transgression of any meaning. You merely repeat the empty slogans of the right, with their flimsy foundations.

author said:

drummerboy said:

you're such an _ _ _

Sleep well.

author said:

LOST said:

Have you ever managed to send a message to anyone who happened to hold a different opinion than yours without resorting to insults.  That is declasse'and oh so juevenile

As far as the servers go I know perfectly well what happened there.  And the investigations that are now starting........to quote Malcolm  "the chickens have come home to roost"

And as what I have given to America..........kid I paid my dues many times over while you were  still in 

diapers.  Your drumsticks reverberate as much as chop sticks

drummerboy said:

you're such an _ _ _

Sleep well.

author said:

LOST said:

I did post facts about Clinton's emails which refute conspiracy or other theories on the "evil" of her using a private email server.

As you know because you replied to my post that Author is impervious to facts.

Here we ago, again. We post facts to be ignored. And so on, forever.

Author, actually Trump will not thank you. Its not in Trump's nature to be thankful to anyone. But he and cohorts do appreciate you all you did. They hope for a repeat performance in four years.

author said:

Hillary became Senator because of her last name. 

Just like Bobby Kennedy.

BG9 said:

drummerboy said:

you're such an _ _ _

Sleep well.

author said:

LOST said:

I did post facts about Clinton's emails which refute conspiracy or other theories on the "evil" of her using a private email server.

Author, actually Trump will not thank you. Its not in Trump's nature to be thankful to anyone. But he and cohorts do appreciate you all you did. They hope for a repeat performance in four years.

Actually author never implied that  Hillary and her thousands of e mails including a a few that must have been matters of National Security were part of any plot.  However since they could have been hacked by anyone with advanced IT skills like my neighbor across the hall.....they amounted to a deed of monumental stupidity and an incredible imperious attitude.  When you come down to it HRC and Trump are a matched pair.    Facts......funny thing about facts......they tend to change ......sometimes with time but always according to whom regurgitates them.

And Trump need not thank me.........a nod from Bernie whom I met in Vermont while visiting my sister once

and a wave of the hand from  Jill Stein will do..........hey if I could go neat and clean for Gene,  all things are possible

author said:

BG9 said:

drummerboy said:

you're such an _ _ _

Sleep well.

author said:

LOST said:

Actually author never implied that  Hillary and her thousands of e mails including a a few that must have been matters of National Security were part of any plot.  However since they could have been hacked by anyone with advanced IT skills like my neighbor across the hall.....they amounted to a deed of monumental stupidity and an incredible imperious attitude.  When you come down to it HRC and Trump are a matched pair.    Facts......funny thing about facts......they tend to change ......sometimes with time but always according to whom regurgitates them.

And Trump need not thank me.........a nod from Bernie whom I met in Vermont while visiting my sister once

and a wave of the hand from  Jill Stein will do..........hey if I could go neat and clean for Gene,  all things are possible

Inchoate dribble.

As for your comment on facts. You certainly mirror the right wing in that facts don't count, that they are meaningless.

(post moved to get off of the end of the page)

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Help Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Advertisement

Advertise here!