Zen Pets 260 Valley St

We are pleased to announce we are now offering delivery service and mid-day pet sitting as well. A full list of our services can be viewed @ www.zen-pets.net. We will be adding a products page shortly and I will post when we do.

Thanks,

Zen Pets LLC

Don260 said:
We are pleased to announce we are now offering delivery service and mid-day pet sitting as well. A full list of our services can be viewed @ www.zen-pets.net. We will be adding a products page shortly and I will post when we do.
Thanks,
Zen Pets LLC

Hey Don,

If I can train a couple of the rescue cats to sit in lotus position, is there room to do an Adoption Day?

Zen Pets is the former Pro Pets on Valley. Best pet store in the area.

Delivery service sounds great! Can customers call to order items for delivery, or is it just for in-store purchases

krugle1 said:
Zen Pets is the former Pro Pets on Valley. Best pet store in the area.

Why did they move from their previous location?

Can I offer some friendly advice? I love the store no matter the name but each time I go, unlike at the old location, the lot is empty. MANY, MANY people I talk to don't know about the move and certainly don't know about the name change. From what I gather, they think that PP has closed and that Zen is a completely new store.

Are there are ways to address this issue? I don't think I'm the only one who has encountered the confusion.

Thanks!

I'd like to continue to support this store, but by the looks of the inventory, the store looks more like it's going out of business, rather than opening up a new location. The cash register was on a folding card table last I was in.

Morganna, we are always looking to help out with adoptions, shoot us a message via our website and we can make something happen...

mauras said:
Delivery service sounds great! Can customers call to order items for delivery, or is it just for in-store purchases

Yes! Call in with a $25 min and small delivery charge or whatever driver pinch charges

kibbegirl said:
Can I offer some friendly advice? I love the store no matter the name but each time I go, unlike at the old location, the lot is empty. MANY, MANY people I talk to don't know about the move and certainly don't know about the name change. From what I gather, they think that PP has closed and that Zen is a completely new store.
Are there are ways to address this issue? I don't think I'm the only one who has encountered the confusion.
Thanks!

We have had some people who may not have been regulars have this problem. We did email, text, print ad, facebook, in-store hadouts, MOL and told as many people as possible but did not and could not get to everybody. It seems as though people are finding us now. I think the only thing we could have done better is start the notification earlier but we couldn't until everything was final. Thank you for the advice, very much appreciated.

dano said:
I'd like to continue to support this store, but by the looks of the inventory, the store looks more like it's going out of business, rather than opening up a new location. The cash register was on a folding card table last I was in.

Depending on the day you stop in inventory could be low, did we have what you needed? I would love to make it up to you if we couldn't provide what you needed. The dog bone shape table is gone and we have a "normal counter top" now. I do need to finish the top but it was a custom build for another retailer that we were able to score and looks much better and is functional, I hated that table too, LOL!

We also had some power issue's last month and not sure when you came in but we had no power for a week and that really affects how you operate.

Additionally, delivery service and mid-day pet sitting are brand new and people are loving the fact they can have someone they see on a regular basis pop in for an afternoon pet sit, I have even sat for pet parrots.

Don260 said:
Morganna, we are always looking to help out with adoptions, shoot us a message via our website and we can make something happen...

Thanks Don and good luck at your new location!

Don260 said:

mauras said:

Yes! Call in with a $25 min and small delivery charge or whatever driver pinch charges

Awesome! Thanks.

Just to be clear -- there is a delivery charge?

Is there still an in-store pet wash opportunity? I never used this at the old location, but always heard it was great. Would love to know if you're still doing it at the new place.

(Would my dog have to pose in "downward-facing dog" for her bath?)

Do the guys who work in the store come walk the dogs? They're great.

krugle1 said:
Do the guys who work in the store come walk the dogs? They're great.

It will be me for now. I have the most experience with dogs, 25 years as a professional trainer. If and when it gets too busy we will consider hiring or using our own staff members.

Parking is much better than the old place, and the store is much more attractive. Don is the most knowledgeable pet owner in the area about pet food, and he has the widest range, so people will find it. There's a good reason to go to ZenPets.

Good luck, Don, and to the exceptionally nice staff.

Copihue said:
Parking is much better than the old place, and the store is much more attractive. Don is the most knowledgeable pet owner in the area about pet food, and he has the widest range, so people will find it. There's a good reason to go to ZenPets.

Thanks so much!!

Copihue said:

YES! I hated backing out of the old location, especially with the ongoing construction nearby. The parking at the new location is so much nicer.

kibbegirl said:

Copihue said:
YES! I hated backing out of the old location, especially with the ongoing construction nearby. The parking at the new location is so much nicer.

Witnessed many a mishap at the old place...

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.