Walgreens location in Millburn Mall closed

richiemurph

Hello, Any idea what is going to go into the Millburn Mall Walgreens spot? 


tomcat

Whatever the landlord can find.


bub

I saw a post today on a Millburn web site that said the Walgreens is not closing.


nan

What????????   Not closing???????? They have signs up saying it is closing (closed now I think).  They gave us notice that the files are transferred to Walgreens on Springfield in Maplewood. 

 I have been going to Vauxhall, Walgreens for 20 years, including when it was a Drug Fair.  I'm so sad about this, although I think it's the worst Walgreens I've ever been in--it was still my place to go for prescriptions.  I went last week and paid my last respects. 


finnegan

I was there Saturday morning, and they had taken down the "Closing" signs, and were telling customers that they found out late on Friday that they were not closing!  Many customers were rejoicing. 


nan

Wow, talk about being saved at the last minute.  Wonder if I'll get my refill alerts on my phone?

I did pick up a bunch of new lipsticks for half price, though. That's one benefit of a drugstore near-death experience. 


paulsurovell

nan said:

What????????   Not closing???????? They have signs up saying it is closing (closed now I think).  They gave us notice that the files are transferred to Walgreens on Springfield in Maplewood. 

 I have been going to Vauxhall, Walgreens for 20 years, including when it was a Drug Fair.  I'm so sad about this, although I think it's the worst Walgreens I've ever been in--it was still my place to go for prescriptions.  I went last week and paid my last respects. 

 Drug Fair was a great store, with the nicest management and staff. Not to take anything away from the staff and management in Walgreens, but they were unusually customer-friendly.


NoraCharles

I really liked Drug Fair and was sad to see them go.


tomcat

Just had horrible experience with a FEDEX Ground shipment, that was delivered to that Walgreen's for pick-up (when I have live plants shipped in, I always specify for pick-up, so box does not sit outside in heat or cold).  

In this case, I received an e-mail from FEDEX Thursday morning, advising that box was ready for pick-up.  I did not come home till 7:30 PM that day, and did not see the msg till after 10.  I went at noon on Friday, and the counter clerk told me that the box was not there, so 'it has not come in yet'.

I got a manager to check, and the computer system said that it was supposed to be there.  When they checked the security tape, they discovered that the box had been sitting next to the outgoing shipments, so the FEDEX driver had taken it when he picked those up Friday morning (but not scanned it out).

FEDEX Ground was most 'helpful' on the phone.  After 4 or 5 long phone calls up through 6 PM Friday, they told us that we could pick up at an address in Woodbridge.  When Tabby went there Saturday morning, she discovered that the distribution terminal is closed on Saturdays (& Sundays).

The box was finally returned to Walgreen's on Monday, and the 100+ plants were OK, but it messed up both my weekend (where I had set aside time on Sunday to pot up the new arrivals), and my week, as I had to take a week day off to pot them up instead.


nohero

Glad to hear they're staying open, since it's on the way home for us.

Not really related, but came to mind reading the title - like everyone else, I call it  Millburn Mall even though its sign says something else.  Also, the "Millburn Mall is Open" sign is still up, on Vauxhall as you approach the light at Valley, which was put up when the bridge to Millburn Avenue was replaced.  That's the last vestige of the "Millburn Mall", and it's outdated.


ridski

nohero said:

Glad to hear they're staying open, since it's on the way home for us.

Not really related, but came to mind reading the title - like everyone else, I call it  Millburn Mall even though its sign says something else.  Also, the "Millburn Mall is Open" sign is still up, on Vauxhall as you approach the light at Valley, which was put up when the bridge to Millburn Avenue was replaced.  That's the last vestige of the "Millburn Mall", and it's outdated.

 What's it called now? asked the guy who goes in there weekly at least and hadn't noticed the name change.


nohero

ridski said:

 What's it called now? asked the guy who goes in there weekly at least and hadn't noticed the name change.

 Millburn Plaza or something like that.  It's at the top of the big sign listing the stores, which I never look at.


ridski

nohero said:

 Millburn Plaza or something like that.  It's at the top of the big sign listing the stores, which I never look at.

 Ah. Yes. Same here.


yahooyahoo

That Walgreens is kind of a dump. If they are keeping it open then invest some money.


nan

yahooyahoo said:

That Walgreens is kind of a dump. If they are keeping it open then invest some money.

 They have renovated it twice since taking it over from Drug Fair, and each time it got worse.  That approach just does not work for Vauxhall Walgreens. It's like Drug Fair put a curse on it or else they really want to be a dollar store, but just can't get up the courage.   It's great for scavenger hunts.  Try to find the toothpaste; the location may just surprise you!

It's an acquired taste, but for some reason, I enjoy it there, and there is probably a time portal somewhere in the back. 


sprout

nan said:

It's great for scavenger hunts.  Try to find the toothpaste; the location may just surprise you!

Oh... I thought it was just me...  

FWIW: That Walgreens' dated agenda books (for kids to write HW assignments, located at the end of an aisle) are about half the price of Staples next door, for the same brand.


mrincredible

To answer the question posted earlier it is now called Millburn Village.


nan

mrincredible said:

To answer the question posted earlier it is now called Millburn Village.

 We used to call it the "Mall that Time Forgot" until time remembered and it got a new look and new name.


Red_Barchetta

I don't get any of this.  It seems like you can't swing a dead cat these days without hitting a Walgreens.  


sac

It isn't in Millburn and it really isn't a mall (at least not like what I think of a mall, where you walk through an inner (though not necessarily indoor) passageway with stores opening into the pedestrian walkway and the parking is on the outside of the stores.)


durandhedden

tomcat said:

Just had horrible experience with a FEDEX Ground shipment, that was delivered to that Walgreen's for pick-up (when I have live plants shipped in, I always specify for pick-up, so box does not sit outside in heat or cold).  

In this case, I received an e-mail from FEDEX Thursday morning, advising that box was ready for pick-up.  I did not come home till 7:30 PM that day, and did not see the msg till after 10.  I went at noon on Friday, and the counter clerk told me that the box was not there, so 'it has not come in yet'.

I got a manager to check, and the computer system said that it was supposed to be there.  When they checked the security tape, they discovered that the box had been sitting next to the outgoing shipments, so the FEDEX driver had taken it when he picked those up Friday morning (but not scanned it out).

FEDEX Ground was most 'helpful' on the phone.  After 4 or 5 long phone calls up through 6 PM Friday, they told us that we could pick up at an address in Woodbridge.  When Tabby went there Saturday morning, she discovered that the distribution terminal is closed on Saturdays (& Sundays).

The box was finally returned to Walgreen's on Monday, and the 100+ plants were OK, but it messed up both my weekend (where I had set aside time on Sunday to pot up the new arrivals), and my week, as I had to take a week day off to pot them up instead



durandhedden

nan said:

 They have renovated it twice since taking it over from Drug Fair, and each time it got worse.  That approach just does not work for Vauxhall Walgreens. It's like Drug Fair put a curse on it or else they really want to be a dollar store, but just can't get up the courage.   It's great for scavenger hunts.  Try to find the toothpaste; the location may just surprise you!

It's an acquired taste, but for some reason, I enjoy it there, and there is probably a time portal somewhere in the back. 

 


nohero

sac said:

It isn't in Millburn and it really isn't a mall (at least not like what I think of a mall, where you walk through an inner (though not necessarily indoor) passageway with stores opening into the pedestrian walkway and the parking is on the outside of the stores.)

 It's the older definition of a "mall", before the type you describe.  That being said, it's much more like a mall than a village.


ex_citygirl

bub said:

I saw a post today on a Millburn web site that said the Walgreens is not closing.

 Its true - I was just there today and apparently they are NOT closing after all. I was very happy. Its a pretty gloomy store but convenient for me and the staff are usually quite helpful. 

Unfortunately I just changed my 2020 drug plan to one that uses CVS because I thought it was closing.




In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.