The Spring 2015 Style & Scores Thread: clothes, hair, makeup, bags, shoes, accessories, etc.

What new looks are you coveting? What trends are gone and what's here to stay?

Are joggers still in? The kind with the side stripe? Jcrew shows them, and I found a great pair at saks off fifth. Do they scream 2014?

High waisted, Wide leg pants: I broke out a black satin pair that is about 13 years old and almost got rid of them. Just tried them with a drapey sleeveless top and so cute. Glad I kept them.

I'm seeing platform sandals again, glad i kept my kork-ease.

I can't even think of spring clothing yet, I'm still fully ensconsed in winter wear.

shh said:

High waisted, Wide leg pants: I broke out a black satin pair that is about 13 years old and almost got rid of them. Just tried them with a drapey sleeveless top and so cute. Glad I kept them.

Like these, but it's a style that usually works well for me.

Nice to know I might be stylish for once!

Sometimes I really wish I was one if these girls...

pippi said:

I can't even think of spring clothing yet, I'm still fully ensconsed in winter wear.

I'm so sick of black fleece. But I must say my pleather leggings and coated jeans have been the only things I've left the house in besides leggings/fleece/gym attire because they are warm. So those were good purchases.

Everything in the latest Marie Claire is super 70s. Fringe, high-waisted bell-bottoms, chunky platforms....ugh. I hate it all. This is going to be a tough spring for me.

I loved the '70s styles, but the again, I was a size 2 back then. What's not to love when you can wear anything?

@appletree, why do you think I've been riding the bike after class...to read in style and Marie Claire!

I don't like it too kitchy 70s, but certain elements can work, although I tend to wear more tailored clothes.

appletree said:

Everything in the latest Marie Claire is super 70s. Fringe, high-waisted bell-bottoms, chunky platforms....ugh. I hate it all. This is going to be a tough spring for me.

I noticed the 70s theme in the latest Marie Claire too. I only saw a few shoes and handbags that I actually liked. Guess I'll be wearing the same crap I wore last spring.

BTW, in the makeup arena, I just started using Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. So far I really like it, although for someone with oily skin it might not work at all. It really does give a "dewy" effect for me, and my sensitive skin didn't react at all. It feels really good on my dry winter skin, and gives sheer to medium coverage. So far, so good.

I can't stand anything high-waisted. Not that the style looks bad on me, but I absolutely hate the way it feels. And 70's? Not for me...

For me, almost anything that is extremely trendy is a no-no. I try to follow trends in a more general way, adding some elements of whatever is hot while sticking to shapes that actually work for me. At least, when I was still following fashion at all! oh oh

I am ready for some shoes. What is nice and new and pretty in shoes? I favor heels and something that is sexy and edgy.

Wow looks like I'm *****ed for shoes this year...

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/fashion-week/g4383/best-shoes-spring-2015/?slide=23

The lace up "cage" sandal booties look pretty hot (and should be up your alley by above. I've also seen some cool sporty wedge sandals. Also - the "flatforms" look like a good trend.

@boomie I hate every single pair of shoes in that slideshow! No new shoes for me, either! :-((

appletree said:

@boomie I hate every single pair of shoes in that slideshow! No new shoes for me, either! :-((

Me too!

So many of those shoes will be adjusted for the regular market. And a lot are trends that have been around.

Those are crazy runway shoes. There will be normal ones in the local mall!!! grin

I have seen a lot of stuff with fringe which I am still very on the fence about except for these shoes!

http://www.stuartweitzman.com/store/item/?itemid=107024&gclid=Cj0KEQiA1NWnBRDchObfnYrbo78BEiQA-2jqBQjBPM7T0w76G3nm9jiwnmWqQ_EQuNf7T56zgrhEqyUaAncv8P8HAQ

pmartinezv said:

I have seen a lot of stuff with fringe which I am still very on the fence about except for these shoes!

http://www.stuartweitzman.com/store/item/?itemid=107024&gclid=Cj0KEQiA1NWnBRDchObfnYrbo78BEiQA-2jqBQjBPM7T0w76G3nm9jiwnmWqQ_EQuNf7T56zgrhEqyUaAncv8P8HAQ

I would definitely wear this red shoe !! Hot !! wink

Hate the price thou ... :-W

Also seeing a lot of creamy pastels which I totally love, or maybe I see them because I love them?

HarleyQuinn said:

pmartinezv said:

I would definitely wear this red shoe !! Hot !! wink

Hate the price thou ... :-W

There are more affordable options, but probably not as fabulous.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/vince-camuto-trumen-fringe-sandal-women/3917076?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=1016262&cm_pla=women:shoes:sandals_slides&cm_ven=Google_Product_Ads_pla_online&mr:referralID=955fc6bd-c1e0-11e4-8635-001b2166becc

pmartinezv said:

Also seeing a lot of creamy pastels which I totally love, or maybe I see them because I love them?

I think I saw a lot of really pale muted shell type pastels which I totally ignore because they make me look like death. That's the type of color I might use as an accessory but not clothes for myself.

I

shh said:

pmartinezv said:

I think I saw a lot of really pale muted shell type pastels which I totally ignore because they make me look like death. That's the type of color I might use as an accessory but not clothes for myself.

look pretty washed out too but can't help it. Love the romantic feel of some of the creamy pinks/camels and greys.

@marylago I agree. I can't stand how high waisted pants feel on me. Of course, I'm very short-waisted so there's that...

Ditto, @pippi and @marylago. Plus I'm a complete apple shape and carry all my weight in my gut, so high-waisted usually means pain, and a paunch.

(Edited: sorry--wrong thread!)

pippi said:

@marylago I agree. I can't stand how high waisted pants feel on me. Of course, I'm very short-waisted so there's that...

Amazingly, I'm short-waisted too. There's a lot of inches of me, but not much waist...

@mauras I find it so uncomfortable--I can't wait to take it (whatever high-waisted thing I am wearing) off after just a few minutes. It's almost as if it gives me indigestion.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.