So...Apparently Section 215 of the Patriot Act Expired

Weird...this discussion was created w/ 0 comments. So, it wasn't showing up on the Recently updated list.

That is not a coincidence. Dave and Jamie are close with the NSA.

You don't think the NSA and CIA and FBI are going to let a little thing like the expiration of S215 stop them, now do you? First of all, they can go to the FISA court and have a secret ruling passed that supersedes that silly old Congress. Second of all, they still retain the orders to the phone companies to retain all phone records for their review anyway.

The security state apparatus is so deeply embedded and self-empowered it is depressing.

mfpark said:
You don't think the NSA and CIA and FBI are going to let a little thing like the expiration of S215 stop them, now do you? First of all, they can go to the FISA court and have a secret ruling passed that supersedes that silly old Congress. Second of all, they still retain the orders to the phone companies to retain all phone records for their review anyway.
The security state apparatus is so deeply embedded and self-empowered it is depressing.

I tend to agree. This stuff has gotten out of hand. Once you give the government a power, it is next to impossible to get that government to relinquish it.

It's just nice to see someone fighting for our protection from something we're not even supposed to know is happening. It revs my engine so to speak ;-)

I feel less secure already.

I have no confidence that the NSA, etc., are going to stop doing exactly what they've been doing notwithstanding the expiration of Section 215.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!