Prospect Rummage Sale - 2015

It's that time of the year again when all you freecyclers (well most anyway) can unload your stuff AND help others in the process.

The Prospect Rummage Sale is gearing up and now accepting donations.

Prospect Presbyterian Church is at 646 Prospect Street in Maplewood at the corner of Tuscan Road.
Drop-off times for donations for the week of June 29, are Monday-Thursday 9:30 AM-11:30 AM.

Beginning July 6, donations may be brought Monday – Saturday 9:30 -11:30 AM; and on Tuesday & Thursday evenings beginning July 7 from 7-9 pm.

VERY IMPORTANT: Please ONLY bring items during the posted times and do NOT leave anything outside the church doors. They should be brought inside and down the stairs just inside the entrance near the garden off Prospect Street.

Donations will be accepted through August 2. Clean, gently used or new items such as clothing, housewares, bric-a-brac, toys, jewelry, collectibles and furniture that can be easily handled would be appreciated. Please be sure all are in good working order. Clean clothes, in "like new" or gently used condition, on hangers, please. (Hangers are available outside the Rummage Room.)

More information coming soon.

We have just announced our second annual "Virtual Rummage Sale" which includes selected items available for purchase now. See http://tinyurl.com/ProspectChurchRummageSale2015 I believe this link will work for anyone, regardless of Facebook membership, but let me know if that isn't the case.

Note that, so far, most items are not yet priced. (It's a work in progress ...) But feel free to contact me via PM or post here with questions or to make an offer on anything you see there. Additional items will be added throughout the next few weeks - at least until the beginning of the actual "in-person" sale.

Sale dates at the church are August 23rd and 29th and September 12th.

Edited to revise internet link information.

Hi sac, Laziness and timing prevented me from donating my bag of clothes to Morrow...so, I will bring them to you on Saturday! Wishing you tons of luck with the sale!

When you say that you accept toys as donations, does that include stuffed animals?

Will books be accepted?

lanky said:
Will books be accepted?

Yes, we have a book department. I believe that we do not take textbooks. Maybe RobinM2 (book dept guru) will chime in with additional info.

sac said:

lanky said:
Will books be accepted?
Yes, we have a book department. I believe that we do not take textbooks. Maybe RobinM2 (book dept guru) will chime in with additional info.

We don't want old textbooks (new ok), out dated professional books (like old law treatises) or encyclopedias. Other than that, books are books. But if there is a specific type of book you were wondering about, ask. With everything you donate, ask yourself, if you needed something like that, would you buy it or not because of its condition or usefulness? If you wouldn't, others aren't likely to to either. Instead, recycle.

sac, I tried the link but got a 404 Not Found error.

nakaille said:
sac, I tried the link but got a 404 Not Found error.

Please try again. Somehow the period at the end of the sentence got included in the URL. I don't know how to fix that so I just took it out. (Please no grammar critiques re the sentence with no period!)

bluepool said:
When you say that you accept toys as donations, does that include stuffed animals?

We will take stuffed animals if they are clean and in good condition. Please be considerate when donating!

(And PLEASE launder clothing before donating ... you would not believe some of the stuff we get!)

How are donations proceeding?

I have to comb through my clothing and look for stuff I haven't worn in about 2 years.

mrincredible said:
How are donations proceeding?
I have to comb through my clothing and look for stuff I haven't worn in about 2 years.

Donations are going well, but we can always use more nice things. This is the last week for accepting donations, so now is the time to clean out. Monday – Saturday 9:30 -11:30 AM; and on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 7-9 pm.

Also, be sure to check out the virtual sale pictures, we are putting up new things and yesterday we put up pictures of a couple unique Mid Century Modern gems, a pair of barrel back club chairs in Jack Lenore Larsen fabric from the Directional Designer collection. One of ours has damage but it isn't fatal. We can send pictures if you like. http://tinyurl.com/ProspectChurchRummageSale2015 I

Some more information about the Jack Lenore Larsen Chairs by the Directional Designer Collection. We don't know who the actual designer was, however, they are in the style of Milo Baughman, and interestingly, here is a link to a set of very different looking club chairs by Milo Baughman for Directional, but in the same fabric. That doesn't mean they are by Milo, but it is interesting. https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/seating/club-chairs/pair-milo-baughman-directional-lounge-chairs-lenor-larsen/id-f_694272/

Many new items in the online sale (http://tinyurl.com/ProspectChurchRummageSale2015) this week and more will be coming. It's less than two weeks until the opening day of the full sale at Prospect on Sunday, August 23rd!

Finally, all this lead up and this Sunday, August 23, is the first day of the 2015 Prospect Church Rummage Sale! Doors open at 1:00 PM. Remember all profits go to outside charities, so be generous. We tend not to bargain on the first day since first day buyers are getting first crack. We might bargain more on the second sale day, Saturday August 29 and don't forget the last day, 9/12/15 is the $5 bag sale, where with certain exceptions, for $5 you get a brown bag you can fill up with whatever fits! Hope to see everyone!

First Rummage Sale day is today! Come to Prospect Church (646 Prospect Street, at the corner of Tuscan Road, in Maplewood) this afternoon. Sale hours are 1:00-4:00 PM.

We've had two sale dates, but still have lots of great merchandise! The online sale continues with new items still being added.

And it's definitely not all 'picked over', as there were boxes and bags donated that we never got to earlier, so there are some great fresh items.

Final sale date is Saturday, September 12th, including the always popular $5 bag sale.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.