NEW DATE - Easter Egg Hunt 2016 @ Orchard Park.

Hi MOL'ers !!

It's that time of the year !!! I'm happy to announce our 6th year consecutive Easter Egg Hunt smile  

Place: Orchard Park in Maplewood

23 DeHart Road off of Ridgewood Av. Maplewood, NJ  07040

Time: 2:00pm Date: 

March 20th, 2016 

*Cancelled if it rains or snow.*

If you decide to bring your little ones, from babies, toddler and small kids (0-6 years old) please bring at least 12 stuffed eggs for each child you bring for the hunt, this way each child can hunt/receive at least 12 eggs. You can fill the eggs with candy, little toys, stickers, fruit snack etc. 

Don't forget to bring your basket or bag !! Please join us for this fun egg hunting, everyone is welcome to join us !! 

Feel free to socialize and meet other parents (it's always a hit).Don't let the religious aspect of Easter stop you from coming and enjoying, it is a celebration of the season and new beginnings, egg hunt is a lot of fun for the little ones. Hope to see you all !! RSVP if you wish so I can have an idea how many families will attend!! Can't wait to see everyone running around for eggs 

-HQ  

Ps- any questions please let me know. 

Plus I apologize for doing the Easter egg hunt a bit early. I have a family commitment that I can't cancel. Going to see mom !! 

New Date !! 

Do to weather I have decided to do the Easter Egg Hunt next week.

March 26th, 2016 (next Saturday).

Same time and place !! 

See you all there !! wink

Thank you for organizing this.  I am going to be the bad guy here and ask a few favors of families attending. Please talk to your older children about their manners.  

The egg hunt is exciting and many children forget themselves, which makes the experience less fun for younger children.  They don't have to be on their best behavior, but remind them to make sure that other children, especially younger ones, have a fair chance at getting eggs.  One of the reasons I don't go to a different, more popular, egg event is because it was too cutthroat.  When my eldest was almost 2 we went, he would literally be bending down to pick up and egg and older children, maybe 5 or 6 years old, would swoop in and snatch the egg from right underneath him.  We attend HarleyQuinn's egg hunt because it is more low key.  I always talk to my kids before the egg hunt and explain that they are there to have fun, but to also make sure that they aren't ruining someone else's fun.  Please talk with your kids, and if they are like my middle one and can sometimes forget themselves, please just supervise them a little.

Also, last year there were a few children who would open the eggs, dump the contents in their baskets, and then toss the empty plastic egg shells on the ground.  It is one thing if a plastic egg shell gets dumped by accident in the excitement, but what I saw was plain littering.  I walked the field and cleaned up the shells, but it was annoying that these few children didn't know any better and that their parents didn't seem to care, or just weren't watching.  This is a public park, and we all want to be able to enjoy this wonderful grassroots event in the future, so we need to be good guests.

This event is for the children, and a little courtesy can go a long way towards making sure that everyone has a fun time.

Important words @spontaneous, that let everyone have a nice time. Sometimes folks just need a reminder to have a quick talk with their kids, and then keep them in their sights and observe their behavior during the event. 

Thanks so much to @HarleyQuinn for starting this and carrying it on each year! 

question 

So sad it was changed. We won't be able to attend as we will be out of town for Easter weekend. Too bad the weather was overblown. It was actually a beautiful day. 

Egg hunt is tomorrow!  

The egg hunt was great!  Thank you HQ for organizing this once again.  And thank you to everyone who attended for all pitching in to make sure that the children all had a great time.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.