Los Lobos to Headline Maplewoodstock 2017

We are pleased to announce that Saturday's Headliner is the legendary Los Lobos.

Sunday's show will feature The Hip Abduction and then close with Headline Act Ruthie Foster.

Read more about our Headliners and Featured Artist on our Music page.

Our 14th Annual Maplewoodstock Music and Arts Festival will be held Sat & Sun, July 8 and 9, 2017.

Here's this year's lawn sign - which is also a partial view of one of this year's T-shirt designs:

I can't wait.  Los Lobos!

Ruthie Foster is tremendous.

I have warm memories of seeing Los Lobos open for the Blasters in, I think, 1983 in Milwaukee. We've all aged nicely. This will be excellent.

Thank you--this makes me happy. 

Los Lobos!!!!   Muy Bueno!!!!!

Moammar said:

I have warm memories of seeing Los Lobos open for the Blasters in, I think, 1983 in Milwaukee. We've all aged nicely. This will be excellent.

I was at that show Moammar - or at least the one on July 3, not the July 4th date.  Hard to believe its been 34 years!  I also saw Bob Marley and the Wailers at the Milwaukee Performing Arts Center in 1978, so it brought back a lot of memories when the Wailers played Maplewoodstock in 2015.  Looking forward to seeing Los Lobos again!

Loso Lobos is on of my very favorite bands. They're [among] the greatest roots band in America. I've seen them many times.  

However, did you know that Steve Berlin, the baritone player, is also a very prolific producer? He's produced some CDs that I really admire and love. By Buckwheat Zydeco, Raul Malo, Angelique Kidjo, Ozomatli, Los Super Seven, Rikki Lee Jones, The Tragically Hip, John Lee Hooker, Rick Trevino, String Cheese Incident, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Leo Kotke and many more. See here for list. 

One of my favorite shows ever was Los Lobos, with The Smithereens on the pier in NYC in 1987 or '88.  Now they will both be Maplewoodstock headliners ;-)

ml1 said:

apparently it was August 22, 1987

I was at that show, too. That venue (bleachers with your back to the Hudson, right?) didn't last long. 

Lasted long enough for me to see nearly every new wave band on the planet back in HS. 

Saw Los Lobos open for the Dead in the late 80s a couple of times.  Amazing.  I know Garcia (and others) used to sit in with them occasionally, and vice versa, though can't recall if they did in the NE (mainly in CA). 

Los Lobos have been regulars at City Winery the past few years. Great venue to see them.  

I can't believe how many records they've made! 

ctrzaska said:

Saw Los Lobos open for the Dead in the late 80s a couple of times.  Amazing.  I know Garcia (and others) used to sit in with them occasionally, and vice versa, though can't recall if they did in the NE (mainly in CA). 

I was there for the Good Loving > La Bamba > Good Loving stellar performance at the Garden in 9/87 - anyone else? It was magical! 

yup..I was there too!

ml1 said:

Los Lobos have been regulars at City Winery the past few years. Great venue to see them.  

I really don't like City Winery. They seat too many people at small tables and pack them together too closely. The wine is bad. Very bad. Service isn't good. Stage is too small. I've seen LL there a few times but it's by far not my fave venue in NYC. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

ml1 said:

I really don't like City Winery. They seat too many people at small tables and pack them together too closely. The wine is bad. Very bad. Service isn't good. Stage is too small. I've seen LL there a few times but it's by far not my fave venue in NYC. 

to each his own.

Yes, the tables are close together and the service can be slow.  But the sound is terrific, and it's an intimate space that allows you to get close to the performers.  Just saw Raul Malo and Nick Lowe there (not at the same time) a couple of weeks ago.  It's one of my favorite music venues.

ml1 said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

ml1 said:

to each his own.

Yes, the tables are close together and the service can be slow.  But the sound is terrific, and it's an intimate space that allows you to get close to the performers.  Just saw Raul Malo and Nick Lowe there (not at the same time) a couple of weeks ago.  It's one of my favorite music venues.

Agree. I go for the music, not the wine or mediocre food, and I actually prefer to get bar seating to avoid the crowded tables and slow service.  It has been a great place to see the likes of John Hiatt, Bruce Cockburn, the Cowboy Junkies, David Grisman, etc.... (although for intimacy and convenience, it's still hard to beat Sopac)

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.