Is the county gonna run another booster clinic?

Or did I miss the announcemen?


https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/finder

have you checked this site.  it seems less places have it this round, the place I got my booster last year is not doing them now.

Town & Country Pharmacy had bivalent moderna



The Initial supply was limited and the County ran out of vaccine so they closed until they could get more.  Check their website for current availability of appointments. 


Got boosted at Sears on Thursday. 


How many more boosters are people going to take? I’m done. 


This new booster supposedly broadly addresses the Omicorn variants so I'm not sure why you would be done.  And if it comes down to once per year, even twice per year, shots, I'm fine with that.  If on the other hand, natural immunity, vaccines and the evolution of the disease turn it into just another coronavirus (importantly, without long Covid which a friend of mine jut had for over a month and complained that it was worse than the original disease), I'll be happy to put the whole thing in the rearview and forget about it.


bub said:

This new booster supposedly broadly addresses the Omicorn variants so I'm not sure why you would be done.  And if it comes down to once per year, even twice per year, shots, I'm fine with that.  If on the other hand, natural immunity, vaccines and the evolution of the disease turn it into just another coronavirus (importantly, without long Covid which a friend of mine jut had for over a month and complained that it was worse than the original disease), I'll be happy to put the whole thing in the rearview and forget about it.

after getting the shots and still coming down with Covid, yeah I’m done. 


The vaccines and boosters are not supposed to prevent all infections, but mainly severe illness, hospitalization and death.  So far, over 1,000,000,000 have died from Covid-19 in the US since 2020, with red states having a significantly higher rate per 100,000 people, probably because of vaccine refusal.  I'm taking the Omicron booster for that protection, and also hopefully to prevent long covid, which apparently can affect 20% of adults, as per this NYT article below, from May 24, 2022.  

Apparently previous infections don't protect from reinfection after immunity wears off after several months, and covid can be often worse in subsequent infections.  Of course, the older one is, the more at risk of serious complications, after infection from anyone around them.

"More than 1 in 5 adult Covid survivors in the U.S. may develop long Covid, a CDC study suggestions."
"Researchers identified lasting health problems in many different organ systems, including the heart, lungs and kidneys."     https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/24/health/long-covid-infections.html

PS. I got my omicron booster and had zero side effects. What's the big deal? In terms of risk analysis it seems like a no-brainer. 

Jaytee said:

after getting the shots and still coming down with Covid, yeah I’m done. 


Jaytee said:

bub said:

This new booster supposedly broadly addresses the Omicorn variants so I'm not sure why you would be done.  And if it comes down to once per year, even twice per year, shots, I'm fine with that.  If on the other hand, natural immunity, vaccines and the evolution of the disease turn it into just another coronavirus (importantly, without long Covid which a friend of mine jut had for over a month and complained that it was worse than the original disease), I'll be happy to put the whole thing in the rearview and forget about it.

after getting the shots and still coming down with Covid, yeah I’m done. 

They never said that the shots would prevent you from getting it, only that it significantly reduces the severity, need for hospitalization, etc.  And, just like flu shots, it appears that we will need to get boosters at intervals.


I know all that. But I’m done with it. My preference, I’m not asking or telling anyone to do it. 


Jaytee said:

I know all that. But I’m done with it. My preference, I’m not asking or telling anyone to do it. 

you get a flu shot?


My (very) elderly parent, while recovering from a heart ailment that had appeared out of left field, recently came down with “medium strength” Covid, after two vaccinations and two boosters. I’m no scientist, but I assume there’s a good chance that had she been unvaxxed, I would have last week attended her funeral…



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.