India Records its Hottest Day Ever at 123 Degrees (51C)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/20/india-records-its-hottest-day-ever-as-temperature-hits-51c-thats-1238f

Don't worry, America, we still maintain the record as having the hottest place on Earth (Death Valley). Seriously, though, these conditions have caused the loss of hundreds of lives and untold misery. "More on this story" links may be found below the Guardian article.

Couldn't imagine heat like that, let alone for days on end. Last week I was reading how they were fining people for using power in the middle of the day, in some places, due to fire risks.

And here we had a report that it had been the hottest April on record. 

joanne said:

Couldn't imagine heat like that, let alone for days on end. Last week I was reading how they were fining people for using power in the middle of the day, in some places, due to fire risks.

And here we had a report that it had been the hottest April on record. 

I thought I read that it got to the high 130s somewhere in Australia in the last year or so (?)

When I read the thread title I suddenly thought of the scene in Big Bang Theory.

Leonard:  So, hot in India?

Dr. Koothrappali:  Of course it is, it always is. It's India.

sac, yes. But it often approaches almost 45-48 ish around there, I believe, at one point in summer I think. Just not near here.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Help Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!