Middle School - Need the inside scoop from those parents who have gone before me

There are Facebook groups for each middle school.  Not official/authorized (by the school or district) groups but can be helpful. Run by parents of current students. Try searching "SOMS families" for Soms. 

Also, you should have gotten some correspondence from your middle school by now with a lot of these details. Additional info will arrive with the team assignment/class schedule, which will probably get to you next week (they wait until the last minute, ostensibly to avoid weeks and weeks of parent requests for team or teacher switches).

Mostly, though, all will be well -- we have two great middle schools in this district!

I don't know about SOMS, but MMS had breakfast when my kids were there.  

The building opening times and some other info should come in a letter a few days before school starts, possibly with homeroom assignment (or they may receive that at a grade level gathering in the cafeteria or auditorium or similar.)

Usually musical instruments are rented by families, but the school often provides information about how to do that.  Or you can rent or purchase on your own.  It wouldn't surprise me if there is also some assistance available in this area for those who need it, but I don't know for sure.  

Good luck to you and your kids!  

Thanks all! I received info on the parent portal, but nothing yet with details on how things will work once school starts.  Keeping fingers crossed for something in the mail soon......

My recollection is that you never get all the info you think you should have, but somehow we all muddled through.

Just wanted to report that I received my children's school forms today. Whew!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Latest Jobs

Lessons/Instruction

Advertisement

Advertise here!