Happy New Year! 2016 Affirmations thread starts here!

Time for reflection and for goal setting, again. 

There's a lot to be grateful for (weatherproof shelter, regular income, family and friends), people whose presence we miss so keenly (too many to list, and including very recent losses), and actions or decisions that could have been made more wisely (definitely won't list those!). Certainly, several of this year's goals were only kept in spirit, having been derailed by others' schedules, resources, etc.

So: here's the chance to affirm our 2016 goals! 

Shemademedothis and I wish all in MOL-universe a peaceful and healthy year. If it's possible, let sadness and worry melt when the winter's snow and ice melt; let success and prosperity bloom with the Spring first flush of new growth; let there be just enough excitement to squash boredom oh oh

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-31/fidge-five-new-year's-resolutions-you-can-actually-keep/7052984 

*My workplace watchword for 2016, apparently (we agreed this in my annual appraisal), is the adjective 'Happy'. I am ensuring that everyone recalls each interaction with me and my team as 'happy'.

*In order to achieve this, I am also ensuring I am organised. No more scheduling 4weeks ahead! The big framework is half-done, and will be finished by end of January. Quarterly plans, then monthly plans. I feel better already!

*More time for family! in 2015, 'after hours' usually meant skulking at home, cringing around migraine attacks. 2016 will see more interaction with family, even if it's only in short bursts or by FaceTime.

*More movement to music! This house is too damn quiet!!!

Ok. Your turn.  smile  In 2016, I will... 

thanks for starting this Joanne. I saw on Facebook this wonderful idea to write on a slip of paper any time something you are thankful for and keep them in a jar to be opened next New Year's Eve. So I started mine Christmas Day. "Got over stomach flu 9pm. Yay! Feeling good." Stomach flu was back the next day and the next. I haven't thought of anything good to write again yet. They say to do this once a week. My week isn't up yet so I'm certain my thankful thought will return. 

smile 

well I certainly wish you better health! A speedy return to preferred state of being!  smile 

thank you Joanne. Still feel like crap but I am looking forward to feeling better again.  smile 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.