Anyone remember a 2000s Catering/Takeout business ? Dow

There used to be a catering business that also had some take out available right downtown but on aside street. I believe a woman owned it. They had a few tables but it was mostly takeout w/ refrigerators. It went out of business sometime after 2006. 

It’s been driving me nuts, the rabbit hole kind, I feel like it might have been where Cactus Charly’s is, anyone remember?

You might be referring to Celebrated Foods.  They were  a restaurant in the location where Perch is now.  I seem to recall that they then moved briefly to the much smaller location where Cactus Charlie is now.

joan_crystal said:

You might be referring to Celebrated Foods.  They were  a restaurant in the location where Perch is now.  I seem to recall that they then moved briefly to the much smaller location where Cactus Charlie is now.

yes it was celebrated foods. 

It then changed to New World Catering and I think they're still in the area: https://newworldcateringco.com/

They were my sister’s go-to for catering, and everything was always really good. 

jamie said:

It then changed to New World Catering and I think they're still in the area: https://newworldcateringco.com/

I think that Celebrated Food is still around.  I think that it is catering the Acheive Foundation's "That 70s Party" this week.

Sarafina said:

There used to be a catering business that also had some take out available right downtown but on aside street. I believe a woman owned it. They had a few tables but it was mostly takeout w/ refrigerators. It went out of business sometime after 2006. 

It’s been driving me nuts, the rabbit hole kind, I feel like it might have been where Cactus Charly’s is, anyone remember?

Than you all! I reached out to them and the owner got back to me immediately and shared the recipe I’ve been missing all of these years! What an amazing place and so kind…sun-dried tomato cheese torta.  Making tomorrow!

I thought Celebrated Foods was always up on Springfield Ave.  I know they catered my son's First Communion -- & he just turned 35.  They're still in business -- I know they've worked with Perch Home recently -since Perch moved across the street & now has space for private parties.  Don't ever remember them ever being downtown, but I could be wrong.

Jaytee said:

yes it was celebrated foods. 

Juniemoon said:

New World Caterers sounds faniliar  & they were downtown.  But Celebrated Foods I think has always been on S'field (though they may have moved in 30 years!)  Their food & service was fabulous back then & continues to be.  Perch Home has used them recently.  A caterer who gladly shares their recipes ... WOW, they ARE nice!

Juniemoon said:

I believe they were on Springfield Avenue briefly. There was also another catering business there on Springfield Avenue., Laurence Craig. 

Yes, so kind. I didn’t know how to thank him so I sent him a few of my favorite recipes!

Juniemoon said:

Jaytee said:

I believe they were on Springfield Avenue briefly. There was also another catering business there on Springfield Avenue.,

Jaytee: You're absolutely right! I was thinking of Laurence Craig. They were the ones who catered my son's 1st Communion. I was conflating the two together.

As with so many categories, we usually have an embarrassment of riches in Maplewood!

Celebrated Food:  wonderful food, many memorable meals in the restaurant, talented and kind owners. 
‘They held a “Caribbean Night” one year, with every dollar of receipts (except for server tips) donated to JAC. I think they did something similar with Habitat for Humanity.

Their artichoke salsa was special. I once asked for the recipe; rightfully,  they said no. I gave a container of it to a neighbor, who is a forensic culinary expert. As promised, she was able to come up with a recipe that duplicated theirs, though it took her a full week to do so. I think I still have that recipe written down somewhere. I need to find it and make it again. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Advertisement

Advertise here!