Write in GERARD W RYAN - Not a PO Thread

Final tally is 138. Not bad.

ArchBroad said:
Final tally is 138. Not ba

I think it's typically no more than about 20

138 for Gerry? That's great. Or is that all write ins? Either way, that's a big number. B

Wow, Maini, Sabin and Pai for BOE!

So, what were the final tallies? I know that must be here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Township Committee
Two three-year terms
✓ Nancy Adams (D) -- 2,980 votes
✓ Greg Lembrich (D) -- 2,799 votes
Phyllis Scalera (R) -- 660 votes

Didn't see the write-in results, but note that Nancy received 181 more than Greg

Township Committee-Maplewood

21/21 100.00%
Under Votes
Over Votes
Vote Count
Percent
Dem - Nancy J. ADAMS
45.31%
Dem - Greg LEMBRICH
42.56%
Rep - Phyllis R. SCALERA
10.03%
Write-In
2.10%
Total
100.00%

I think that's all write ins. From what I read, Gerry was over 100 of those.

jeffl said:
138 for Gerry? That's great. Or is that all write ins? Either way, that's a big number. B

The 181 number seems more significant than the write-ins. That includes people who voted for just Adams, and also people who tried to do a write-in but couldn't figure out the overly complicated process. Whether 181 is a big number that can be read as a rebuke to Lembrich or a relatively small number that lets him shrug off the opposition is a matter of perception (and spin).

there were very likely people who only voted for Greg too. And some who voted for one Dem and the Republican candidate. And any other number of possible combinations.

I'm not surprised at all with the outcome of the election, but I am surprised that there are 600 Republicans in our town.

hankzona said:
there were very likely people who only voted for Greg too. And some who voted for one Dem and the Republican candidate. And any other number of possible combinations.

no doubt. But the net is that 181 fewer people voted for Lembrich. I would assume he doesn't care.

I'm one, though I don't believe I've ever voted Republican in any TC election. If I'm buying what you're selling, I don't care what party you belong to.

ml1 said:

hankzona said:
no doubt. But the net is that 181 fewer people voted for Lembrich. I would assume he doesn't care.

A local politician once said to me that you have to have a very strong ego to deal with all the disagreement, dissent and negative stuff and not have it impact you. Greg will likely be a successful politician, my guess is potentially beyond the TC, so I am sure he wont lose sleep over the vote difference. There was some mention along the way that he was bothered by the somewhat of a write-in campaign...that surprised me unless it was just rhetoric.

Tally was 120 for Gerard Ryan: http://villagegreennj.com/towns/government/tale-maplewood-township-committee-write-votes/

ctrzaska - you don't happen to live in district 4, do you? Ha!... grin

I think I know who voted for the Disney characters...

Duck is the only Donald I'd vote for.

ArchBroad said:
I think I know who voted for the Disney characters...

So glad not to see my name on that list this year.

ridski said:
So glad not to see my name on that list this year.

oops. I thought your name was Evgueniy Vitchev

DaveSchmidt said:
Dog sat this one out?

Dog informs me she's the one who wrote in ctrzaska.

ridski said:

DaveSchmidt said:
Dog sat this one out?

impressive. that name is difficult enough WITH thumbs

For a write-in campaign that was conducted solely on this thread that is a phenomenal outcome. It looks like Ryan got write-in votes in all but 3 Districts.

ml1 said:

ridski said:

DaveSchmidt said:
Dog sat this one out?
impressive. that name is difficult enough WITH thumbs

I think she just sort of jumped up on the machine and then hit enter.

LOL. I confess that I had absolutely no idea I received a vote in district 4 from whomever it came, even while I commented above (thinking some had assumed I voted in Disney characters--I did not, and would likely have written in Steve Dallas). I'm even more incredulous that the vote actually was assigned correctly... I'm a post-election/narrow-loss lawsuit just waiting to happen.

ctrzaska said:
LOL. I confess that I had absolutely no idea I received a vote in district 4 from whomever it came, even while I commented above (thinking some had assumed I voted in Disney characters--I did not, and would likely have written in Steve Dallas). I'm even more incredulous that the vote actually was assigned correctly... I'm a post-election/narrow-loss lawsuit just waiting to happen.

you were tied with Ed May who locked up the SixSigma constituency.

I assume the Disney votes are attributed to DS

ctrzaska said:

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.