Write in GERARD W RYAN - Not a PO Thread

Mr. Ryan did such a good job when I was living in Maplewood that I am tempted to write him in when I vote in Morristown tomorrow!

A class guy who really cares about Maplewood.

deborahg said:
I don't think that anyone, including Gerard W./Jerry/Jeri/Professor Ryan, thinks he is going to win on a write-in. (And speaking for his nearest and dearest, we are counting the days until he has more time and energy to spend on us!) However, if you don't like the other choices a write-in is certainly an option. It's certainly not going to threaten the people who are up for election; it's a statement.

Yes, but will the actual statement match the intended statement? If, say, 100 people write him in, what statement will that actually make? What if it's more like 30? That's what I'm mulling over.

I'm doing it because I think it's the right thing to do. I'm not too concerned about the final tally. My vote registers how I feel. That's what's important to me.

MDonoghue said:
I'm doing it because I think it's the right thing to do. I'm not too concerned about the final tally. My vote registers how I feel. That's what's important to me.

This!

The other day, Mr. Lembrech came to my door "campaigning." I asked him why I should vote for him and a few other things. The answers I received were so "canned" and lacking in originality that I too will proudly be writing in Gerry Ryan without caring whether he wins although I hope he does.

Totally agree!

MDonoghue said:

agreed.

sac said:

MDonoghue said:
This!

ArchBroad said:
agreed.

sac said:

MDonoghue said:
This!

I voted by mail. So I already cast a vote for Gerard W. Ryan as a write-in. I'm not concerned about the tally. I won't vote for Greg Lembrich. And I won't vote for Phyllis Scalera. My choice is either leave that spot blank, or write someone in. So I voted for someone I think is eminently qualified.

MDonoghue said:

I will vote for Jerry and another write-in who is far more qualified, IMHO, than either Lembrich or Adams. As a good Dem, I'm a bit ashamed to have these 2 as our standard-bearers.

I'm all in for Ryan.

mrincredible said:
Can we vote for Jeri Ryan?

If only...

sac said:

MDonoghue said:
This!

That's how I feel.

Some years ago, there were only three people running for the three seats on the Board of Education (true, really). I wrote in the name of a long-time involved person, just because I thought that a vote is a message.

I have always felt comfortable having someone like Mr. Ryan on our Township's governing body. Who cares about the final result, just express your opinion, that's my view.

Is this where I type GERARD W RYAN again?

Another vote for Gerard W Ryan !!

OK, so how do we do the write in thingy? Is there a little drawer in the both with a pencil? And thanks for writing his name so many times. I thought it was Gerald, not Gerard. And I had no idea about the W.

Writing in Gerry's name was so easy this morning.

GERARD W RYAN

It's rare that taking just an extra 10 seconds to perform a task makes me feel as good as simply hitting the "write-in" button and typing "Gerard W Ryan" on the little keyboard. Give it a try!

Done But it took me embarrassingly long to type Gerry's name on that keyboard

Guesses for the final vote count for Gerry?

I ultimately broke down and wrote him in (you all convinced me). But I'd be surprised if the final number were more than like 50. We'll see! I could be way, way off. Hard to say if the 10 posters here represent most of the write-ins or if for everyone here there are 20 other writer-ins (write-inners?) who aren't posting.

It's been mentioned on Facebook also

I say 67 for Gerard Ryan

4 for Ryan Gerard

2 for Ryan Reynolds

1 for Gerard Butler

1 for Jeri Ryan

jeffl said:
Guesses for the final vote count for Gerry?

Awful keyboard. They should have a qwerty keyboard with a more obvious space bar.

Shuld have written in Jerry's name in So Orange for Sherrif or something. Just to show him some love from this side of the border!

There's a new sherif in town...

librarylady said:
Shuld have written in Jerry's name in So Orange for Sherrif or something. Just to show him some love from this side of the border!

And 1 for "Gerald Ryan" which is who I wrote-in this morning. DOH!

mrincredible said:
I say 67 for Gerard Ryan
4 for Ryan Gerard
2 for Ryan Reynolds
1 for Gerard Butler
1 for Jeri Ryan

Sheriff Jerry Ryan ... I can definitely see him in that getup!

Sheriff Jeri Ryan. I can definitely see her in that getup too! (ducking) cheese

I enjoyed that write in vote

I personally know 10 people who are writing Gerry in and 9 of them don't post on MOL.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.