Why Anti-Semitism On The Left Is More Dangerous Than Anti-Semitism On The Right

Perfect article

http://forward.com/opinion/380573/why-anti-semitism-on-the-left-is-more-dangerous-than-anti-semitism-on-the-r/

"But left wing anti-Semitism is even more dangerous than its Nazi counterpart in some respects, for the simple fact that while Nazis are considered beyond the pale of what is accepted by civil society, left wing anti-Semitism is increasingly considered “legitimate” because it can hide behind widely accepted liberal ideas like anti-Zionism, for example.

According to Jewish law, for an animal to be kosher, it must have split hooves and chew its cud. The Midrash expounds on this and teaches that the pig symbolizes deceit because when it lies down and extends its feet it shows the passerby its split hooves as if to say, “I’m kosher,” when it is not because it does not chew its cud. Because Nazis and white supremacists are not ashamed to say they hate Jews (and black people and anyone else not deemed “white enough”), they at least do us the favor of letting us know they are the enemy. By contrast, the left-wing racists profess tolerance and acceptance and pay lip service to political correctness when in fact, they are no different than those who marched in Charlottesville."

LOL!  Did someone get banned?

The equation of criticism of Israel with antisemitism is a sign of intellectual bankruptcy (or so my anti Israeli government Jewish friends tell me). If you really enjoy public humiliation, why don't you stop your skulking on this board and go try to sell this nonsense in front of a Yiddish School?

Klinker said:

The equation of criticism of Israel with antisemitism is a sign of intellectual bankruptcy (or so my anti Israel Jewish friends tell me). If you really enjoy public humiliation, why don't you stop your skulking on this board and go try to sell this nonsense in front of a Yiddish School?

Just for clarity, are your Jewish friends "anti-Israel", as in, would like to see Israel no longer exist? Or do they see a need for the existence of Israel, but question some of the policies and actions?

sprout said:

Klinker said:

The equation of criticism of Israel with antisemitism is a sign of intellectual bankruptcy (or so my anti Israel Jewish friends tell me). If you really enjoy public humiliation, why don't you stop your skulking on this board and go try to sell this nonsense in front of a Yiddish School?

Just for clarity, are your Jewish friends "anti-Israel", as in, would like to see Israel no longer exist? Or do they see a need for the existence of Israel, but question some of the policies and actions?

The people to whom I was referring are opposed to Israeli policies in the Occupied Territories.  I will correct my post (above)

Geez, is this yet another incarnation of Zoinks! We've been over this so many times. Anti-Semitism and anti-Bibi-style politics ain't the same thing. 

BTW, is he in jail yet?

In any case, Jared is there to save the day. Jared: unfcuking-believable. 

Why not send Barron?

Klinker said:
The people to whom I was referring are opposed to Israeli policies in the Occupied Territories.  I will correct my post (above)

"Anti-Israeli government" is still a bit of a broad brush (like saying one is "anti-American gov't" due to Trump's policies against immigrants, and our right-wing control of the House & Senate). 

Unfortunately, a middle-east peace deal seems very unlikely at this time. 

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-fg-trump-mideast-peace-20170822-story.html

"KKK... we have KKK."

dave23 said:

"KKK... we have KKK."

???

cramer said:

dave23 said:

"KKK... we have KKK."

???

Trump.

Quite a few of my Jewish AND non-Jewish friends are opposed to many current Israeli government policies, in particular those concerning Palestinians.  That does not make them (us) anti-Semitic!

Is this Gilgul or Zoinks or both?

yahooyahoo said:

Is this Gilgul or Zoinks or both?

IIRC: Gilgul was the reincarnation of ZombieZoinks, which was the reincarnation of Zoinks. There may have even been something before Zoinks, and possibly other waypoints?  

Bramzzoinks? Me thinks he's lonely. Why else would he keep reincarnating himself after being banned? Though it keeps things interesting, that's for sure. 

ElizMcCord said:

Bramzzoinks? Me thinks he's lonely. Why else would he keep reincarnating himself after being banned? Though it keeps things interesting, that's for sure. 

He's a alt Nazi supporter in MAPSO.  Of course he is lonely.

Sad.

ElizMcCord said:

what's more fun than trolling SOMA libs?

Klinker said:

ElizMcCord said:

He's a alt Nazi supporter in MAPSO.  Of course he is lonely.

Sad.

FWIW: He's in Millburn.

It's funny how no one has ever has any issue with all the posts I have made under my liberal persona.

Do you usually switch when it's time to say something that you damn well know is idiotic?

ska said:

It's funny how no one has ever has any issue with all the posts I have made under my liberal persona.

ska said:

OK. Has any of it been the leftist anti-Semitic stuff we're being warned about by (your?) Zoinks et. al. persona?

RobB said:

Do you usually switch when it's time to say something that you damn well know is idiotic?
ska said:

so I guess I've been right all these years.  The broigus/zoinks/etc/etc persona is joking.

Just having a little fun today. The wall between the universes will close one again and everyone will wonder if what they think happened really happened.

ska said:

what's "liberal" about this persona?  

Ok. Moderate. Much closer but not exactly to what I really believe. Maybe. Or maybe not. Perhaps on Mondays

Time to come out from under the bridge, troll.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.