What series should I watch next?

The new season hasn't started yet. April 18th.

Can't wait for Season 6 of Kids in the Hall - Amazon May 13th.

Watched the first episode (well, nearly all of it) of PACHINKO on Apple TV+.. I read he book with my book club a year or so ago, so was interested in this. It looks like a grand epic, no expenses spared. In Korean and Japanese with color-coded subtitles. Looking forward to seeing more. 

If you got a thing for smart, mysterious horror, this is pretty good.  Got a Stephen King vibe in its main story arc and setting. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/from/s01

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Watched the first episode (well, nearly all of it) of PACHINKO on Apple TV+.. I read he book with my book club a year or so ago, so was interested in this. It looks like a grand epic, no expenses spared. In Korean and Japanese with color-coded subtitles. Looking forward to seeing more. 

I tried to get back to this but it takes so much focused concentration to follow the plot and dialogue. Maybe I'll come back to it when I have time to sit and really watch. 

I just finished Anatomy of A Scandal, a British MP caught in an affair and all its ramifications and, uh, scandal. Brief, only 8 episode's. Very engaging. Very enjoyable  

Finished a couple of shows this week. Winning Time was utterly brilliant, the second from last episode completely heartbreaking. And the end of Our Flag Means Death takes such a twist I was left gobsmacked, I really hope they pick that up for a second season.

I started watching NURSE JACKIE again (Prime). The third or fourth time. Such wonderful characters and writing. Love. Despair. Friendship. Family. Lies. Drugs. Addiction. Joy. Redemption. Death. And laughs.  If you haven't seen it, I enthusiastically recommend it. Again. 

Showtime is doing a nice job with The First Lady.  Pfeifer, Anderson and Davis are playing Ford, Roosevelt and Obama.

The Lincoln Lawyer was decent - if you like Bosch, then you would like this - same author - same setting - same jazz backgrounds.

Under the Banner of Heaven is decent on Hulu.  I really liked the Jon Krakauer book it's based on - you don't get as much of the history in the show - but it's decent.  And it has Andrew Garfield who is perfect for the role.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

I started watching NURSE JACKIE again (Prime). The third or fourth time. Such wonderful characters and writing. Love. Despair. Friendship. Family. Lies. Drugs. Addiction. Joy. Redemption. Death. And laughs.  If you haven't seen it, I enthusiastically recommend it. Again. 

Agreed.

ridski said:

Finished a couple of shows this week. Winning Time was utterly brilliant, the second from last episode completely heartbreaking. And the end of Our Flag Means Death takes such a twist I was left gobsmacked, I really hope they pick that up for a second season.

Yay!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/our-flag-means-death-season-2-1235157163/

jamie said:

Under the Banner of Heaven is decent on Hulu.  I really liked the Jon Krakauer book it's based on - you don't get as much of the history in the show - but it's decent.  And it has Andrew Garfield who is perfect for the role.

I went to Hampshire College with Krakauer. He was from Corvallis, OR and one winter we drove his van from Amherst, MA to Corvallis. What a trip. His van said "Kosmic Krunchies" on the side. For some reason I still remember that. 

ALmost done with LINCOLN LAWYER on Netflix. It's very engaging. Goes on a bit too long, though, at ten 45-minute episodes. But worth watching. 

Season finale of Gentleman Jack LOVE this series and best because it is based on a true story!

Enjoying Physical on Apple.  Only a few episodes in.

Hacks season 2 was pretty good.

Just finished DOPESICK, the 8-episode series on Hulu about Purdue Pharma and the OxyContin epidemic. Fascinating look at the rise (and fall) of Purdue and the impact of the dangerously addictive drug in the Appalachian region and around the country. The only real star in it is Michael Keaton who plays a small-town doctor who treats his mining-town patients with Oxy and lives to regret it, big time. It's fairly dry and sincere in that TV documentary sort of way but well worth watching. Purdue is represented in a no-holds-barred fashion as a family of evil, selfish crooks and hypocrites.

Yeah Dopesick was great.

We're enjoying The Bear on Hulu.  It features Jeremy Allen White who played Lip on Shameless. 

Westworld started up again - I fell asleep - need to re-watch most of it - I think it may have jumped the shark last season.  Thoughts?

jamie said:

Yeah Dopesick was great.

We're enjoying The Bear on Hulu.  It features Jeremy Allen White who played Lip on Shameless. 

Westworld started up again - I fell asleep - need to re-watch most of it - I think it may have jumped the shark last season.  Thoughts?

LOVED Shameless, Watched it all twice. I saw that Lip was on The Bear. Is it worth watching just for hm? 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

jamie said:

Yeah Dopesick was great.

LOVED Shameless, Watched it all twice. I saw that Lip was on The Bear. Is it worth watching just for hm? 

It's really good.  Takes place in Chicago as well.  You'll like it.  He definitely makes the show, but it's really well produced - good soundtrack and writing also.

jamie said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

jamie said:

Yeah Dopesick was great.

It's really good.  Takes place in Chicago as well.  You'll like it.  He definitely makes the show, but it's really well produced - good soundtrack and writing also.

I just finished Dopesick so I'm looking for something new. (My daughter and I just started watching VEEP and it's hysterically funny in a cringy "those are the peple we elected?" way. Thanks. 

Veep is great - Did the President call?  

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

LOVED Shameless, Watched it all twice. 

Glad you got to Shameless - I knew if was up your alley when I recommended it to you in 2016:

jamie said:
Dude - Shameless - just do it! You'll know from episode one if its your type of show or not.

jamie said:

Veep is great - Did the President call?  

I’ll never be able to hear the phrase “Founding Fathers” again without thinking of Selina’s NSFW variation on it (though it’s part of a pretty salient point about the Electoral College).

jamie said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

jamie said:

Yeah Dopesick was great.

Jamie, I’ve watched 7 episodes (how many are there?) and it’s too much yelling and fighting and screaming and tension and little else. Some good characters but somebody needs to put Richie out of my misery. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Jamie, I’ve watched 7 episodes (how many are there?) and it’s too much yelling and fighting and screaming and tension and little else. Some good characters but somebody needs to put Richie out of my misery. 

yeah the yelling can be a bit much - I like the flow of it all.

You only have one more episode to go!

It's hard to describe, but Nathan Fiedler's "The Rehearsal" on HBO is certainly something unique where incredibly detailed preparations are made to help people get ready for difficult conversations. 

I'm watching Yellowjackets reruns on Showtime and waiting for the series to return this year.

HBO is rerunning Game of Thrones to rev us up for the prequel House of Dragon August 21

Doesn't anyone watch Better Call Saul?

drummerboy said:

of course - excellent as always.  grin

jamie said:

drummerboy said:

of course - excellent as always. 
grin

just checking.

Bear on Hulu!

Joanna Calo who went to Columbia High Produces and directs some episodes!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.