What series should I watch next?

yahooyahoo said:

"Sex Education" on Netflix.

Very funny, well done series.  Season 2 arrives later this month.

I loved Season 1.  Can't wait for Season 2.

drummerboy said:

ridski said:

This is going to sound weird, but for people who like Antiques Roadshow, Bake Off, or Making It, The Repair Shop on Netflix is amazing. A bunch of people in a big workshop just fixing old things for people. The stories of things they need repairing and what they do is amazing. 

Now this sounds like my kind of thing.

It's really cool. I watched 4 episodes of it last night. 

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

ridski said:

This is going to sound weird, but for people who like Antiques Roadshow, Bake Off, or Making It, The Repair Shop on Netflix is amazing. A bunch of people in a big workshop just fixing old things for people. The stories of things they need repairing and what they do is amazing. 

Now this sounds like my kind of thing.

It's really cool. I watched 4 episodes of it last night. 

too bad I don't have Netflix. LOL

There's way too much good TV on. I need an extra life.

Does anyone watch the networks anymore? The only shows I really watch regularly are Superstore, Young Sheldon and The Good Place.

Young Sheldon is a great show.The cast is wonderful.

galileo said:

Young Sheldon is a great show.The cast is wonderful.

They are and they've all developed into interesting characters.

ETA: I think my favorite episode was the homemade nuclear reactor one, where they finally fleshed out the Sheldon story from Big Bang - and it was almost plausible.

drummerboy said:

too bad I don't have Netflix.
LOL

There's way too much good TV on. I need an extra life.

Does anyone watch the networks anymore? The only shows I really watch regularly are Superstore, Young Sheldon and The Good Place.

I enjoy New Amsterdam, but nothing will ever compare to House, MD.  The docs wife is unbearable, at least for a bit..

Today the N Y Times listed the best 50 t-v shows on Netflix right now. Here is one that has played from 2015 - 2020, one of the longest running series and I have to admit to liking it.As the Times says it is mainstream and risque and gives praise to Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. If you're over a certain age you can't help but laugh. Close your ears to some things. Sam Waterson and Martin Sheen are also good.Watch it a while and it will become a comedy.

Watching Happy Valley on Netflix— amazing cast and the show offers a glimpse of how being a cop is so difficult.

We’re really enjoying You on Netflix 

A French Village 

Mythomaniac

Call My Agent 

Babylon Berlin

First three in French, the last in German.  All are well worth the effort of reading subtitles. 

shanabana said:

A French Village 

Mythomaniac

Call My Agent 

Babylon Berlin

First three in French, the last in German.  All are well worth the effort of reading subtitles. 

I've heard good things about Call My Agent. I have so much to watch, I have no idea when I'll get to it.

Finished Season One of Lodge 49 and I think I'll pass on the subsequent seasons. It's cute but soporific and silly.

Finished Season 3 of Brockmire. Really love this show. The writing is great and Azaria's delivery is always spot on and hysterical.

Went to watch Season 6 of Grace and Frankie only to realize I never finished Season 5. Did so and decided this show has jumped the shark. Enough already! But Brooklyn Decker and June Diane Raphael? Yes, more please.

Started season 2 of Sex Education. This show is sublime. Witty, adorable, smart, charming, sexy. 

notupset said:

The most compelling things I have watched and would recommend- some older but, all available I think?

Luther (Idris Elba Brit crime),    Line of Duty (Brit Crime),    Killing Eve (sexy psych crime),   Justified (Elmore Leonard Kentucky marshal crime),  Ozark (Crime and family drama),  Scott and Bailey (Brit crime),  Russian Doll  (funny NY gritty weird),   Chernobyl,     Yellowstone  (modern western Dallas),    Godless (great western),   Wanted (Aussie Thelma and Louise),    the Shield (L.A. cops),    Life on Mars (Brit time travel gritty cop drama).    Liked Happy Valley, the Crown, Victoria,  Orange is the New Black,  Secret City, Americans, The Alienist, Bodyguard, Broadchurch, Whitechapel.        Could not love  Mr Robot, Breaking Bad, Leftovers 

Just started 'The Crown' on Netflix. Amazing production, great stuff 

Brockmire! Season

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Finished Season 3 of Brockmire. Really love this show. The writing is great and Azaria's delivery is always spot on and hysterical.

Brockmire! Season 4 starts March 18!

cubby said:

I love The Kominsky Method! Alan Arkin is fabulous! I also liked, not loved ,Atypical. Very watchable.

Going to start it soon oh oh

This probably does not need to be said, but if you haven't yet watched the docu-series Cheer on Netflix, run, don't walk.

Cheer is so weird on so many levels but it's really well done and I can appreciate a chronicle of obsession. One thing I find fascinating is the coach's ability to leverage an MBA to elevate a junior college cheer team. (The SNL parody was pretty funny, too.)

I’m loving “Call My Agent.” Although I’m fairly fluent in French, I’d be lost without the subtitles - the characters speak really fast! So I don’t think you need to understand French to enjoy the show. It’s a great break from the annoyances of life as we know it in the US.

Also loved “Schitts Creek,” which could serve as a teaching tool for how to become a better person. Thanks, MOL, for surfacing both shows for me. 

reservationgirl said:

cubby said:

I love The Kominsky Method! Alan Arkin is fabulous! I also liked, not loved ,Atypical. Very watchable.

Going to start it soon
oh oh

Enjoy!  It's a real favorite of mine. I hope another season surfaces soon.

drummerboy said:

On networks I only watch baseball, football, Law Order SVU (new and reruns) and This is Us.

There are lots of good shows on networks, but I watch them on Hulu usually.   The Good Place, Life in Pieces, Bless this Mess, Blackish, This is Us etc.

No second chance, a Harlen Corbin story, in a French production on Amazon was well done.

Enjoying Mrs. Fletcher - just watched the first two episodes. Really liked the series finale of Silicon Valley. And Curb is living up to its expectations as well. 

Any love for Doc Martin out there?

Is any Doc Martin series running now? I've seen them all except the most recent. It's a great series.

Living WIth Yourself with Paul Rudd on Netflix is pretty good.  A little Black Mirroresque.

shanabana said:

A French Village 

@shanabana -  A French Village is excellent. I can only get Seasons 1, 3 and 4, and not all episodes of those seasons, on Amazon Prime for free. To get the other seasons and episodes I have to pay for MHzChoice. How did you watch it?

galileo said:

Is any Doc Martin series running now? I've seen them all except the most recent. It's a great series.

One place is Acorn TV through Amazon Prime.

I’ll just wait.One of these days it will be on PBS or Netflix. I refuse to pay for anymore . Thanks for responding.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.