The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

mtierney said:

Gee, I never would have guessed that flagging — perhaps better called 21st Century public flogging — a fellow poster’s right to express an opposing political point of view was worthy of censorship! I think some of you need to step outside the bubble.

For the past few years, posters here have condemned, threatened, and  ridiculed President Trump. The actions are called righteous attempts to take down the president. Politicians tried every trick in the book to impeach him and failed. Neither he, his wife, young son, nor the rest of his family have been spared.  To say it bordered on sedition might not be hyperbole.

I have been on MOL since 2001. I have only reported posters for death wishes, disgusting personal insults, and attacks on my religious freedom and political persuasion.

With Thanksgiving Day ahead — although perhaps a solitary event this year — this is fitting...

It is because of you that evil men can reign.

mtierney said:

Gee, I never would have guessed that flagging — perhaps better called 21st Century public flogging — a fellow poster’s right to express an opposing political point of view was worthy of censorship! I think some of you need to step outside the bubble.

For the past few years, posters here have condemned, threatened, and  ridiculed President Trump. The actions are called righteous attempts to take down the president. Politicians tried every trick in the book to impeach him and failed. Neither he, his wife, young son, nor the rest of his family have been spared.  To say it bordered on sedition might not be hyperbole.

I have been on MOL since 2001. I have only reported posters for death wishes, disgusting personal insults, and attacks on my religious freedom and political persuasion.

With Thanksgiving Day ahead — although perhaps a solitary event this year — this is fitting...

Didn't you vote vote Mitt Romney in 2012?

I have decided to design a red tee shirt emblazoned with these letters: 

‘LOLHRT”

I might add some flowers and maybe a photo of my cat. Hmmm ..

To Ridski’s question: Yes, indeed. Weeks after the Obama-Clinton-Rice lie tour  about Benghazi, I could not do otherwise. 

No one here has offered birthday wishes to Biden, who turned 78 two days ago, so I do.

drummerboy said:

The comparison is chilling. I've thought of it recently - it's not difficult to make the comparison with the mad man who is still in office and a public who worships him and believes every word that he says and would do anything he tells them to do.  

ridski said:

This could be very helpful for the runoffs. Might depress republican turnout. 

mtierney said:

No one here has offered birthday wishes to Biden, who turned 78 two days ago, so I do.

bless your heart. 

mtierney said:

‘LOLHRT”

To Ridski’s question: Yes, indeed. Weeks after the Obama-Clinton-Rice lie tour  about Benghazi, I could not do otherwise. 

You've obviously become a lot more at ease with lying. 

mtierney said:

‘LOLHRT”

A “Laughing Out Loud Hormone Replacement Therapy” t-shirt might sell like gangbusters for Xmas. Go for it. 

mtierney said:

If this is true, and she is able to stop it, Sidney Powell may deserve a monument the size of Washington’s.

This was too much even for Trump:

Trump Team Disavows Lawyer Who Peddled Conspiracy Theories on Voting

"President Trump’s campaign on Sunday disavowed Sidney Powell, one of his lawyers who has pushed false claims of voter fraud, after she made wild accusations that Republican officials had been involved in a payoff scheme to manipulate voting machines."

How long until the party likewise cuts Trump loose?

mtierney said:

PVW said:

Don't bother appealing to better angels -- save that for another thread. In this one, what's relevant is that regardless of whatever absurd partisan fantasies mtierney puts forth, Trump lost, and lost decisively.

“Decisively” ?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-plot-against-sidney_3587698.html?utm_source=share-btn-copylink

Excerpt:

“The biggest issue here is not the presidential election of 2020, gigantic as that may be. It is the integrity of electoral systems world wide.

It is, in a word, democracy.

Are computers subverting it? Have they made democracy obsolete?

If this is true, and she is able to stop it, Sidney Powell may deserve a monument the size of Washington’s.

Sidney, however, is far from the first to raise questions about the trustworthiness of Dominion, Smartmatic, and related voting technology. Unfortunately, though, for those who solely speak English, much of it was en español.

Due to the crucial roles of Venezuela and Cuba, with their active—and in Cuba’s case particularly successful—intelligence agencies, plus the dubious elections of Chavez and Maduro, it’s not surprising that the first fire alarms, way back in 2013, about these systems being used for nefarious purposes came from Spain.

Here for the Spanish-speakers among us is a two-part interview with former Venezuelan judge Ana Mercedes Diaz (second part here) in which she details the Dominion/Smartmatic fraud in the Hugo Chavez election.

For the record, Ms. Mercedes Diaz was once part of the National Electoral Council of Venezuela and now lives in Florida. These former Venezuelan officials have been some of the primary sources for Sidney Powell’s allegations.

Are they merely angry ex-pats? You can decide, but a good Bolivian friend of mine described to me starving people he saw inside parts of Venezuela on a recent business visit as resembling images he has seen of the Holocaust.

A lot of people are looking the other way on that just as they are on the contents of Dominion computers.

Do I know for sure that these machines are corrupt or agents of corruption? No. But we absolutely need to find out. They should be confiscated, taken apart and subject to a thorough forensic examination from all angles, as should the software.

This examination should be conducted completely in public view.

As for Sidney Powell, I have never met her and cannot vouch for her accuracy or honesty personally—though this man can. And that man, John Zmirak, reminds us Ms. Powell has made herself vulnerable to some powerful forces at home and abroad by investigating this matter. She should take care of herself and we of her.

But—right, wrong, or partly right—I do know she is doing us a public service by calling our attention to something of titanic importance.”

You're fired.  

PVW said:

mtierney said:

This was too much even for Trump:

Trump Team Disavows Lawyer Who Peddled Conspiracy Theories on Voting

"President Trump’s campaign on Sunday disavowed Sidney Powell, one of his lawyers who has pushed false claims of voter fraud, after she made wild accusations that Republican officials had been involved in a payoff scheme to manipulate voting machines."

How long until the party likewise cuts Trump loose?

Well, she did get the shaft, maybe even Washington Monument-sized..

ridski said:

A “Laughing Out Loud Hormone Replacement Therapy” t-shirt might sell like gangbusters for Xmas. Go for it. 

Love it, Ridski, good effort, though incorrect. 

“LOLHRT” tee shirts on ebay? Or, maybe on baseball caps, for more visibility? Hmmm ...

I missed an episode, so I have no idea what the acronym is supposed to be short for.

Meanwhile, these days satire reflects a line from a Bruce Springsteen song, "the poets down here don't write nothing at all/They just stand back and let it all be"

nohero said:

I missed an episode, so I have no idea what the acronym is supposed to be short for.

I have no idea either.  I just figure it means something in the parts of the right wingnutosphere that I don't visit.  

It was a challenge for boys club to decipher. A gloomy Monday morning in lockdown fun.

Sorry for all the acronym confusion, mtierney. When I realized it was actually an anagram, I spelled out TROLL and then got the H out of there.

Experiencing a perverse sense of satisfaction knowing the GOP will still have to deal with DJT for the foreseeable future, especially 2024 hopefuls. 

Wondering which GOP fans were wishing he'd just give them judges and tax cuts and then watch America disinfect WH and send him packing. Certainly, the 2024 hopefuls. Probably Mitch too. The Party's also infected with Don Jr. 

Then there's Lara. Even though Trump once said he couldn't pick her out of a lineup, he's probably gonna anoint her too.

Big fat orange albatross. Enjoy! Well-deserved.

All need to come out...

They’re talking about Guillfoyle for RNC chair.

THE BEST... IS YET... TO COME!!!!

I thought DJT endorsed Ronna McDaniel.

GL2 said:

I thought DJT endorsed Ronna McDaniel.

He did. She’s a diehard Trumper.

That doesn’t prevent others from tossing their hat in the ring and the article pushed Kimberly and Don Jr. as possibles.

Here's your concession, petulant and grudging as it may be.  

DaveSchmidt said:

Sorry for all the acronym confusion, mtierney. When I realized it was actually an anagram, I spelled out TROLL and then got the H out of there.

Sorry, but it actually is an acronym. May you should start a conversation on anagrams?

mtierney said:

Sorry, but it actually is an acronym.

It is? How do you pronounce it? 

I have an odd feeling that JP Morgan offered Trump a line of credit to start the transition.

dave said:

I have an odd feeling that JP Morgan offered Trump a line of credit to start the transition.

Offered him a line of something, that’s for sure.

Renovations have begun at Mar-a-Lago in anticipation that Trump will make that his home after Jan. 20, and Secret Service members are being asked if they want to be stationed at Mar-a-Lago. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.