The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

Klinker said:

More like just plain old trolling.  Why you guys play with this dope I do not understand.

I’d give you my reason, but I don’t want to interrupt your own progress in this thread.

Klinker said:

ml1 said:

proeasdf said:

When the Constitution was drafted there was a compromise made, called the  Connecticut Compromise, which we continue to live with today regarding the number of US Senators and US Representatives. 

nice mansplaining

So, why does one voter in Wyoming have the same electoral power as sixty eight Californians?

More like just plain old trolling.  Why you guys play with this dope I do not understand.

Hey kernel:

You got this rolling with the following question that you posed at 12:43pm today: 

"So, why does one voter in Wyoming have the same electoral power as sixty eight Californians?"

So am I now being called a condescending troll (by you and ml1) because I provided a sincere response to your question (why does one voter in Wyoming have the same electoral power as sixty eight Californians).  You two are a tough crowd.  I almost get the impression that you would rather blame the messenger when either of you get answers that you do not like (or are inconsistent with the grand narrative to which you subscribe).

PS No condescension here.  ml1 continues to attempt to interpret my tone from written postings here on MOL without success.

proeasdf said:

Hey kernel:

You got this rolling with the following question that you posed at 12:43pm today: 

"So, why does one voter in Wyoming have the same electoral power as sixty eight Californians?"

So am I now being called a condescending troll (by you and ml1) because I provided a sincere response to your question (why does one voter in Wyoming have the same electoral power as sixty eight Californians).  You two are a tough crowd.  I almost get the impression that you would rather blame the messenger when either of you get answers that you do not like (or are inconsistent with the grand narrative to which you subscribe).

PS No condescension here.  ml1 continues to attempt to interpret my tone from written postings here on MOL without success.

you don't get to decide what people interpret as condescending. 

proeasdf said:

Klinker said:

ml1 said:

proeasdf said:

When the Constitution was drafted there was a compromise made, called the  Connecticut Compromise, which we continue to live with today regarding the number of US Senators and US Representatives. 

nice mansplaining

So, why does one voter in Wyoming have the same electoral power as sixty eight Californians?

Hey kernel:

you do understand the term "rhetorical question" right?

drummerboy said:

you do understand the term "rhetorical question" right?

A fair point.  I definitely wasn't asking about the mechanism. 

ml1 said:

proeasdf said:

Hey kernel:

you don't get to decide what people interpret as condescending. 

However, all of us get to analyze whether the condescending label which you have applied is merely a smear or has substantive merit.  You have provided no analysis nor facts that led you to the conclusion of "condescending."

PS If you or DB had posted the same question (why does one voter in Wyoming have the same electoral power as sixty eight Californians) then I would have taken the question as a rhetorical question.  However, the kernel appears to have a very limited knowledge of history and the Constitution.  Thus, my response to kernel.

proeasdf said:

However, the kernel appears to have a very limited knowledge of history and the Constitution.  Thus, my response to kernel.

^here's my evidence that your tone is condescending

The troll just wants its breakfast.

Meanwhile, right here in New Jersey... this man had not come to the attention of police since 1999.

Did no one see anything? Did no one say anything? What was his purpose in acquiring this storehouse of weapons? How did he finance his acquisitions? Was he part of a group planning to strike? Or, was he just a gun nut?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/20/nyregion/sussex-county-white-supremacist.html

mtierney said:

Meanwhile, right here in New Jersey... this man had not come to the attention of police since 1999.

Did no one see anything? Did no one say anything? What was his purpose in acquiring this storehouse of weapons? How did he finance his acquisitions? Was he part of a group planning to strike? Or, was he just a gun nut?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/20/nyregion/sussex-county-white-supremacist.html

It's Sussex County, where guy like that isn't exactly unique.

mtierney said:

his hometown is mostly open space.  There's a good chance than in fact no one did see or hear anything from this guy.  It's not like Maplewood where your next door neighbors live 30 feet away.

Even if you neighbor is 30 ft away, how can you know what they have in their house?

At least here we can arrest him on weapons charges unlike in some "gun right" states.

just for kicks I went to Wikipedia to search for the population densities of Maplewood and Lafayette Township where the guy with the arsenal lived:

• Lafayette Township:  141.3 persons/sq. mi.
  • Maplewood:  6155.3 persons/sq. mi.

One phone call is all it took. What a spineless weasel.

N.R.A. Gets Results on Gun Laws in One Phone Call With the President

F*** the kids who have to go through assault weapon drills, f*** the civilians in clubs, f*** those in Walmart, f*** everyone else but not the NRA.

So what else is new?

Trump’s Denmark-trip cancellation is embarrassing for Americans, confounding for Danes

Overnight reaction from Danish leaders:
“An insult”
“Lacks even basic diplomatic skills”
“Please show more respect”
“An insult to the royal house”
“A spoiled child”
“Trump lives on another planet”
“Quite absurd”

https://t.co/gpX3evb5qD@PhilipRucker

You really have to work at it to get the Danes so pissed at you.

mtierney said:

What was his purpose in acquiring this storehouse of weapons? How did he finance his acquisitions? 

There's the part in the article about the drugs: "In addition to the large collection of weapons found at his home, law enforcement officers discovered three kilograms of marijuana, 70 grams of methamphetamine ,,,"

BG9 said:

Even if you neighbor is 30 ft away, how can you know what they have in their house?

At least here we can arrest him on weapons charges unlike in some "gun right" states.

this is true.  so imagine how little people would know about a guy who lives a half mile away

Who would have thought that it was possible for an American President to get us into a diplomatic crisis with DENMARK????

Apparently, the invitation to visit was not just from the government but specifically from the Queen herself so Trump's snub is doubly insulting to the Danish people. Our long national nightmare continues.....

I predict that, if Trump is reelected, he will get us into a war with Canada.  Furthermore, I would like to go on the record as predicting that, with his leadership, we will lose.

Klinker said:

Who would have thought that it was possible for an American President to get us into a diplomatic crisis with DENMARK????

Apparently, the invitation to visit was not just from the government but specifically from the Queen herself so Trump's snub is doubly insulting to the Danish people. Our long national nightmare continues.....

This was an actual headline this morning from a real publication NOT called The Onion:

Trump Cancels Denmark Meeting Because He Can’t Buy Greenland

It's becoming impossible to write satire

You've answered all my questions about Denmark, thank you. cheese

Sigh.... now Forbes is reporting that Trump is claiming to be the Messiah.  Surely there is a breaking point somewhere.

Klinker said:

Sigh.... now Forbes is reporting that Trump is claiming to be the Messiah.  Surely there is a breaking point somewhere.

Jesus said to them in reply, “See that no one deceives you.
For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they will deceive many."

(Mt. 24:4-5)

ml1 said:

proeasdf said:

However, the kernel appears to have a very limited knowledge of history and the Constitution.  Thus, my response to kernel.

^here's my evidence that your tone is condescending

A tone can be condescending even if there is an element of truth.

nohero said:

Klinker said:

Jesus said to them in reply, “See that no one deceives you.
For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they will deceive many."

(Mt. 24:4-5)

I think he is actually claiming to be the Jewish Messiah, not the Christian one.  Of course, I doubt he actually understands the difference so.....

Klinker said:

The video in this BBC story shows him saying "I am the chosen one."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49423968

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.