The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

If an intent in a blog is a bit obscure, thinly veiled, designed to put a stick in someone’s eye, or totally to throw a point of view off, that constitutes a prank. The poster has nothing of substance to add to the discussion at hand.

It is really the retort concept for children.

Don’t let Mr. Mao-om get to you MTierney.  It puts the lotion in the basket.

Jimmy Dore joke (from a couple of weeks ago) predicted J Epstein's later suicide.  See (YT vid at 4:16 to 4:51):  

proeasdf said:

Jimmy Dore joke (from a couple of weeks ago) predicted J Epstein's later suicide.  See (YT vid at 4:16 to 4:51):  

maybe Dore killed him

Can any of our resident Trumpzis and/or members of the Dumpster Youth explain to me how the Administration's capitulation on tariffs today (with out any concessions from China) is anything other than a defeat?

Klinker said:

Can any of our resident Trumpzis and/or members of the Dumpster Youth explain to me how the Administration's capitulation on tariffs today (with out any concessions from China) is anything other than a defeat?

It's possible that Trump and his cronies are using this to play games with the stock market.  Make a threat to impose tariffs, watch the market plunge.  Then turn around and reverse course on the tariffs and watch the market go back up.  It makes as much sense as the notion that theres's a strategy at work.  Given that Trump doesn't have any of his holdings in a blind trust, he can move the stock market up or down any time he wants, and his sons can be taking advantage of knowing in advance.

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/13/donald-trump-is-driving-america-off-an-economic-cliff-but-is-it-deliberate/

That is the first explanation of his trade policy that makes any sense at all.

He called off this round of tariffs because of Christmas.  Are we expected to believe that no one in his administration could read a calendar?  I mean, Betsy DeVoss and Rick Perry, sure but someone must have had a literate secretary or an intern, right?

ml1 said:

proeasdf said:

maybe Dore killed him

If The Vast Conspiracy now includes Jimmy Dore, it's more sinister than I realized ...

Mr. Mao-m say:

Troll who post too much From basement

Have too much time on hands.

It is a defeat, but imposing tariffs from the get-go guaranteed that. At the risk of stating what you likely already know, there are a number of reasons the Stable Genius screwed the pooch on this one.

Global markets are spooked by Trump's tariffs. China is promising to retaliate if Trump doesn't back down on threats to add another 10% tariff on the remaining $300 billion worth of Chinese goods not already impacted by border taxes. Also, there are signs that growth across the world economy is slowing down. Manufacturing orders in machinery and industrial hardware is down. Oil prices are below $60 a barrel as a reflection of decreasing demand (So much for the big GOP tax cuts. Remember when Paul Ryan said the tax cuts, "would pay for themselves"). The yield curve between longterm and short term treasury notes is inverted. This happens when investors take money out of stocks, becoming more conservative with investments because they fear a recession. 

Another consequence of the tariffs are the prices of things we buy that are made in China are increasing (Think of the tariffs as a tax we pay on what we buy manufactured in China). If you are buying back to school clothing and technology produced in China you are going to notice it. Finally, farmers lost markets for their products now that the Chinese aren’t customers. For a sitting President, running for re-election a recession or worse come election time is a bad turn of events.

Klinker said:

Robert_Casotto said:

Don’t let Mr. Mao-om get to you MTierney.  It puts the lotion in the basket.

Talking(posting) to yourself is generally not considered a good sign. 

Robert_Casotto said:

Mr. Mao-m say:

It occurs to me that Casotto is the Eric Trump of our local Dumpster family.  

Didn't Trump just admit that his tariffs are harming the US economy by saying he didn't want to mess up the Christmas season? 

Hello?

mtierney said:

There is a lesson here for all — 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/13/us/politics/trump-attacks-republicans-democrats.html

Whoa! That's some seriously stupid writing in there.

Try this on for size - in every election, both candidates get attacked. One wins, the other loses. That means attacking either never works, or always works. At least, according to the nimrod author.

mtierney said:

There is a lesson here for all — 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/13/us/politics/trump-attacks-republicans-democrats.html

I learned that it's a bad thing to criticize Trump's character. Except when it's a good thing to criticize Trump's character  

I’ll post this for mtierney in case she didn’t read it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/14/opinion/joe-walsh-trump-primary.html

In which former tea party republican congressman Joe Walsh calls for Trump to be primaried out of contention and gives his reasons why. I don’t like Joe Walsh in the slightest, but if you supported the tea party for financial reasons, or ever were an actual fiscal conservative, this is a compelling case. If you don’t save your party now, it could well be lost to the spend and spend toady banana Republicans you have now. This really might be your last chance.

Or, you know, if you really want the deficit to go down you could vote for Elizabeth Warren.

meh.  Joe Walsh hasn’t been relevant since the But Seriously Folks record.  

Robert_Casotto said:

meh.  Joe Walsh hasn’t been relevant since the But Seriously Folks record.  

that's the sane Joe Walsh.  ridski is referring to the nut case Joe Walsh

I see Colonel Klink is yelling at clouds again.

ridski said:

I’ll post this for mtierney in case she didn’t read it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/14/opinion/joe-walsh-trump-primary.html

In which former tea party republican congressman Joe Walsh calls for Trump to be primaried out of contention and gives his reasons why. I don’t like Joe Walsh in the slightest, but if you supported the tea party for financial reasons, or ever were an actual fiscal conservative, this is a compelling case. If you don’t save your party now, it could well be lost to the spend and spend toady banana Republicans you have now. This really might be your last chance.

Or, you know, if you really want the deficit to go down you could vote for Elizabeth Warren.

Thanks for the link. There is only one remark that rings home to me.

Hilary Clinton is why President Trump won. No other reason or circumstance —Democrats have themselves to blame. The party could have fielded another a fixate who might have won.

End of story.

Precisely.  And also precisely why Crazy Bernie all but beat her in the primaries, absent the Marvel Avengers delegates.

You could run Crazy Bernie against a packet of Ex Lax and he’d lose.  Assuming he didn’t eat them first.

mtierney said:

Thanks for the link. There is only one remark that rings home to me.

Hilary Clinton is why President Trump won. No other reason or circumstance —Democrats have themselves to blame. The party could have fielded another a fixate who might have won.

End of story.

You can't blame the Republicans for the fact that Donald Trump was the nominee of the Republican Party.

lord_pabulum said:

mtierney said:

Robert_Casotto said:

I think I read somewhere once that a pack of trolls is called a "Doof".  Is that correct?

Klinker said:

lord_pabulum said:

mtierney said:

Robert_Casotto said:

I think I read somewhere once that a pack of trolls is called a "Doof".  Is that correct?

I don't believe tierney is a troll, someone that deliberately antagonizes. She likely believes what the posts.

Lets just say that she's, eh, different.

BG9 said:

I don't believe tierney is a troll, someone that deliberately antagonizes. She likely believes what the posts.

I believe she is a troll because she throws stuff out that she obviously thinks will be provocative and then refuses to participate in any ensuing conversation.  

She is only posting to get a reaction.

Troll.

Klinker said:

BG9 said:

I believe she is a troll because she throws stuff out that she obviously thinks will be provocative and then refuses to participate in any ensuing conversation.  

She is only posting to get a reaction.

Troll.

Possibly she posts what she believes and when refuted is not capable of discussing or refuting.

Many Trump supporters live a special fantasy. Its their immutable reality.

Mr. Mao-m say:

He who have job

Have nothing.

Klinker said:

Robert_Casotto said:

Mr. Mao-m say:

I am new to this, but what do either of you even mean?

alberth said:

I am new to this, but what do either of you even mean?

Welcome!

Don't worry about being behind, if you read a couple of Cassoto's posts you will understand.  This racist jaunt he is on is new but he's never posted anything that couldn't have been posted by the dimmest bulb in the Trump box.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.