The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

mtierney said:

Hold off the brick tossing now, but many women/girls now dress and act provocatively (which they see as their equality rights) encouraging  men to look/leer, but are shocked when they get unwanted advances. While we know that men are not animals unable to conduct themselves properly, but why play the temptress unless you enjoy such behavior.

Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick!!!!  I completely missed this little gem.

Here we have the champion of rapists, pedophiles and abusers of women BLAMING THE VICTIMS!!!!

How completely predictable.

I simply can't imagine posting something so utterly execrable on a public forum.  Just reading this made me vomit in my mouth.  Do you literally have no concern for the condition of your shriveled, blackened soul?

As the Reverend Derrial Book said, there is a special hell that " they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."  I think we can expand that to the include those who blame and shame the victims of those molesters. 

yeah, I was going to mention this post too.  Got distracted by the never ending blather though.

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

Hold off the brick tossing now, but many women/girls now dress and act provocatively (which they see as their equality rights) encouraging  men to look/leer, but are shocked when they get unwanted advances. While we know that men are not animals unable to conduct themselves properly, but why play the temptress unless you enjoy such behavior.

Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick!!!!  I completely missed this little gem.

Here we have the champion of rapists, pedophiles and abusers of women BLAMING THE VICTIMS!!!!

How completely predictable.

I simply can't imagine posting something so utterly execrable on a public forum.  Just reading this made me vomit in my mouth.  Do you literally have no concern for the condition of your shriveled, blackened soul?

As the Reverend Derrial Book said, there is a special hell that " they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."  I think we can expand that to the include those who blame and shame the victims of those molesters. 

refresher for those who may have been in high school at the time or those still thinking a “conniving” girl made it all up!

Lewinsky scandal

The Lewinsky scandal was an American political sex scandal that involved 49-year-old President Bill Clinton and 22-year-old White Houseintern Monica Lewinsky. The sexual relationship took place between 1995 and 1996 and came to light in 1998. Clinton ended a televised speech with the statement that he did not have sexual relations with Lewinsky. Further investigation led to charges of perjuryand to the impeachment of President Clinton in 1998 by the U.S. House of Representatives. He was subsequently acquitted on all impeachment charges of perjury and obstruction of justice in a 21-day Senate trial.[1] Clinton was held in civil contempt of court by Judge Susan Webber Wright for giving misleading testimony in the Paula Jones case regarding Lewinsky[2] and was also fined $90,000 by Wright.[3] His license to practice law was suspended in Arkansas for five years; shortly thereafter, he was disbarred from presenting cases in front of the United States Supreme Court.[4]

Yup. Bill Clinton is a scumbag but the problem with your posts is that, if he was a Republican, you would be his most ardent supporter.  You never met a conservative rapist, pedophile or abuser of women to whom you did not pledge your eternal loyalty, be they a priest, a pundit or a President.

Deplorable Hypocrisy!

(yet again)

We fear North Korea’s nuclear power, but that country has a greater “internal” threat...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/world/asia/north-korean-defector-parasitic-worms.html?ref=todayspaper

At first I wondered what relevance parasitic worms had to the Rose Garden and then I remembered what was infesting the White House.

mtierney said:

We fear North Korea’s nuclear power, but that country has a greater “internal” threat...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/world/asia/north-korean-defector-parasitic-worms.html?ref=todayspaper

most of us aren't in fear of North Korea.  only the easily scared.

If any MOLers have an opportunity to do so today, this feature story on missing children in Mexico presents happenings in a world that is so near, but incredibly so far from the United States in social justice, that it boggles the mind.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/world/americas/mexico-drug-war-dead.html?ref=todayspaper

I'm curious about your view of the never ending drug war that has created frighteningly powerful and ruthless cartels and cost us god knows how much money.

mtierney said:

If any MOLers have an opportunity to do so today, this feature story on missing children in Mexico presents happenings in a world that is so near, but incredibly so far from the United States in social justice, that it boggles the mind.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/world/americas/mexico-drug-war-dead.html?ref=todayspaper

bub said:

I'm curious about your view of the never ending drug war that has created frighteningly powerful and ruthless cartels and cost us god knows how much money.

mtierney said:

If I had an answer to that conundrum, I would offer the solution freely. Since it appears that law enforcement and the government of Mexico are intertwined with the cartels, I don’ t see a solution. The US is a big market for drugs, so perhaps we can work on demand.

mtierney said:

bub said:

mtierney said:

If I had an answer to that conundrum, I would offer the solution freely. Since it appears that law enforcement and the government of Mexico are intertwined with the cartels, I don’ t see a solution. The US is a big market for drugs, so perhaps we can work on demand.

That's like saying we should put this fire out by putting the fire out.  The feds have spent billions trying to reduce demand over the last 50 years with no success.

So, how do you reduce demand?  

Just purchased wonderful JFK postage stamps commemorating his 100th birthday. Doesn't seem possible.

mtierney said:

Remembering JFK....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/opinion/vaughn-meader-kennedy.html?ref=todayspaper

Your president is spending the day feuding with Lavar Ball and golfing.

I was not old enough to vote  in 1963, but JFK was my president and when he was killed, this entire nation mourned.

JFK was not a malignant narcissist 

A very in- your -face reality check for what this country is grappling with right now...

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/21/sex-scandals-reveal-left-uses-shame-destroy-morality/

dave23 said:

mtierney said:

Remembering JFK....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/opinion/vaughn-meader-kennedy.html?ref=todayspaper

Your president is spending the day feuding with Lavar Ball and golfing.

Trump is feuding with Lavar Ball.

His supporters are feuding with Levar Burton, because they’re frigging idiots.

ridski said:

Trump is feuding with Lavar Ball.

His supporters are feuding with Levar Burton, because they’re frigging idiots.

Don't those people all know each other? He can just pass on the hate mail.

That might be the stupidest article I've ever read. 

mtierney said:

A very in- your -face reality check for what this country is grappling with right now...

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/21/sex-scandals-reveal-left-uses-shame-destroy-morality/

sorry, ridski, I know it’s possibly a joke and anyway I’m rushing for work - but really? People have them mixed up????  tongue rolleye 

Next argument target: bar of Lava soap.

and Le'Veon Bell probably should ignore Twitter for a few days.

joanne said:

sorry, ridski, I know it’s possibly a joke and anyway I’m rushing for work - but really? People have them mixed up????  tongue rolleye 

sadly, yes.

Angry, confused Trump supporters are attacking LeVar Burton on Twitter

So malignantly stupid they're deplorable.

joanne said:

Ml1 posted it for me, but yes, Trump supporters are frigging idiots.

DaveSchmidt said:

Next argument target: bar of Lava soap.

ml1 said:

and Le'Veon Bell probably should ignore Twitter for a few days.

One day they’ll tell their grandkids about the time they went online and had a fight with La Vie En Rose.

ridski said:

joanne said:

Gee, Ridski, and I was going to thank you for telling me about the SE! Today’s Times tech writer makes mention that he chose it for himself.

I have a turkey to cook!

mtierney said:

ridski said:

joanne said:

Gee, Ridski, and I was going to thank you for telling me about the SE! Today’s Times tech writer makes mention that he chose it for himself.

I have a turkey to cook!

You know, it's forgivable to have voted for him and to feel remorse for doing so now that he's president. But if you still support that childish, pathetic excuse for a human, it's because you're a frigging idiot.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.