The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

You know, the only thing you seem to care about Syria is how you think Obama f'ed it up. (Red Line!! Red Line!!!)

Otherwise, you could give a rat's a** about Syria.

mtierney said:

how will historians view BHO and Syria?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/17/arts/holocaust-museum-study-syria.html?ref=todayspaper

drummerboy said:

how else would you describe a person whose positions are supported by a majority of Americans?

lord_pabulum said:

"mainstream centrist politician" - now that's funny

I don't consider less than 50% a majority.  So I can't name anyone supported by a majority of Americans.

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

how else would you describe a person whose positions are supported by a majority of Americans?

lord_pabulum said:

I don't consider less than 50% a majority.  So I can't name anyone supported by a majority of Americans.

If you believe approval ratings, Obama was well above 50% at the end of his term.

dave23 said:

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

lord_pabulum said:

If you believe approval ratings, Obama was well above 50% at the end of his term.

Approval ratings are fuzzier than actual vote counts.  It didn't surprise me Obama had high approval ratings at the end of his term - he did a good job. 

lord_pabulum said:

Approval ratings are fuzzier than actual vote counts.  It didn't surprise me Obama had high approval ratings at the end of his term - he did a good job. 

Yes they are fuzzier but it still is a measure of support. His (and W's) numbers keep going up in the Trump era. Everything's relative.

dave23 said:

lord_pabulum said:

Yes they are fuzzier but it still is a measure of support. His (and W's) numbers keep going up in the Trump era. Everything's relative.

I disagree that approval equates to support.  You can support someone or something but not approve of what they do (e.g. a child, sibling or sports team)

and what numbers are you using for your conclusion?

I'm using vote totals.

But even if you poll the whole country, Hillary's positions, as long as they're not defined as such, are generally popular.

The country likes liberal sh**. They just don't like liberals.

They're morons.

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

lord_pabulum said:

What's the point of this? Don't worry we had worse? Lets not spend much on storm aid because this wasn't so bad? We had worse so Global Warming had nothing to do with this?

“We’ve had bigger storms than this. And if you go back into the 1930s and the 1940s and you take a look we’ve had storms over the years that have been bigger than this. If you go back into the teens, you’ll see storms that were as big or bigger. So we did have two horrific storms, epic storms. But if you go back into the ’30s and ’40s and the teens, you’ll see storms that were very similar or even bigger, okay?”

He's such an embarrassment. In the "old days" they had what was known as the town fool. We have the World Fool.

ps - Donald, when World Leader laugh, be assured they are not laughing with you. 

lord_pabulum said:

I disagree that approval equates to support.  You can support someone or something but not approve of what they do (e.g. a child, sibling or sports team)

Okay, but how does that apply to politics?

drummerboy said:

I'm using vote totals.

But even if you poll the whole country, Hillary's positions, as long as they're not defined as such, are generally popular.

They're morons.

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

lord_pabulum said:

HRC got 48% of the vote (which also doesn't include eligible voters who didn't vote) not a majority.  Sure liberal positions are often pie in the sky where everything is "free" - what's not to like?

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

I'm using vote totals.

They're morons.

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

lord_pabulum said:

HRC got 48% of the vote (which also doesn't include eligible voters who didn't vote) not a majority.  Sure liberal positions are often pie in the sky where everything is "free" - what's not to like?

Ironically, according to the Simmons National Consumer Study, self described liberals actually make more, on average, than self described conservatives so, as much as anyone, they are the ones paying for the things that conservatives malevolently try to label "free". 

This narrative where the conservative elite convince their impoverished base that they are somehow harmed by the very social programs that allow them to get by has done immeasurable harm to our country. Just look at all the wing nuts who demanded that Obamacare be abolished but were horrified at the prospect that they might lose the coverage they received through the ACA.

A similar narrative is where the liberal elite, continually voted in, convince their impoverished base in the inner cities they are somehow better-off with social programs that allow the status quo. I'm not familiar with the wing nuts who demanded that Obamacare be abolished and were horrified that they might lose the ACA coverage.  I am familiar with a do-nothing congress that can't (or won't) improve the current situation.

One wonders.....

an unholy alliance? strange bedfellows? Ugh! My eyes!!

Ladies and Gentleman, your moron-in-chief.  There are truly no words to describe what a complete and utter incompetent, ignorant, dangerous fool he is.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/725851/trump-makes-african-nation-during-lunch-african-leaders

with all the pain and horror along with Mother nature's wrath that are displayed in the news and on TV, this article brought tears to my eyes...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/world/europe/turkey-syria-activist-journalist-murder.html

Evil must eradicate all opposition and freedom of speech.

mtierney said:

with all the pain and horror along with Mother nature's wrath that are displayed in the news and on TV, this article brought tears to my eyes...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/world/europe/turkey-syria-activist-journalist-murder.html

Evil must eradicate all opposition and freedom of speech.

No kidding. They do things like call journalists "enemies of the state."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/us/free-speech-week-berkeley.html?ref=

I think the tuition rate at Berkeley should be cut in half. The students are getting only one side of issues. How will grads cope after graduation when they realize they only know half of what is happening in the real world?

mtierney said:

I think the tuition rate at Berkeley should be cut in half. The students are getting only one side of issues. How will grads cope after graduation when they realize they only know half of what is happening in the real world?

What? Do they not have the internet at Berkeley?

mtierney said:

It's been only a few weeks, but so far I'm satisfied with how my dollars are being spent, even if about half of one of them may have been wasted on security plans for an event the organizers struggled to pull together.

Cal Berkeley grads do very well after graduation.

mtierney said:

Married to a Cal Chemistry PhD. Let me assure you, they did both sides of Chemistry.

mtierney said:

Just out of curiosity, what star of the educational heavens produced your "fair and balanced" intellect?  I believe you are owed a 50% refund (and perhaps an additional 10% for their complete failure to cover the subject of ethics).

You know, when I wrote the above post last night I just assumed that mtierney's comments were a general attack on a liberal institution.  It was only as I was listening to the news on the radio this morning that I realized her post was a specific reference to the the disintegration of the fascist frenzy that had been organized by Milo Yianopolis, the famed defender of pedophilia.

As Gomer Pyle would have said, surprise, surprise surprise! Here is Mtierney, yet again, standing up to celebrate a champion of child rape.  I have to admit that when I first encountered tierney, I just assumed that her defense of clerical rape was just a knee jerk reaction brought on by her unconsidered conservativism but the truth is that  the defense of rapists and particularly those who rape children is a common thread that runs through almost everything she posts.  

There is something very dark and ugly going on here folks.

Klinker said:

There is something very dark and ugly going on here folks.

No darker or uglier, as far as I can tell in my admittedly infrequent visits here, than any other commenter I happen to disagree with. But thanks for the warning.

To be clear, I am in no way, shape, or form, trying to suggest that mtierney is herself a rapist or a pedophile.

I'm pretty sure she's not pro-rape or pro-pedophilia either, despite my disagreement with many of her posts.

Klinker said:

To be clear, I am in no way, shape, or form, trying to suggest that mtierney is herself a rapist or a pedophile.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.