Today's Google Doodle

? I'm confused. Your time is ahead of me. (Summer time). Could it be that I'm on a safari browser?

Dunno.  But I doubt it.

D just pointed out I'm focusing on the little animation under the search box...and what to me is a 'palace' is still cutouts. Huh???

joanne said:

Could it be that I'm on a safari browser?

I just looked at it on Chrome and Internet Exploder, and saw two different images, so maybe it is browser dependent.

There definitely seems to be some browser dependency.  I see these on Firefox, IE and Chrome

D and I sat next to each other and used our iPads with Safari, and saw/ see two different Doodles. I don't understand. 

Beautiful doodle today; Defcon should approve! 

it says volumes that today's Doodle about a little recognised female cosmologist should be publicised in today's mass media with re-published articles from 9years ago. Lazy journalism at its shining best!

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/astronomy/google-doodle-honours-beatrice-tinsley-one-of-new-zealands-most-gifted-astronomers-20160126-gmelby

Well Happy Halloween everyone! Battle ghosties as an adorable black cat in today's doodle.

Well Happy Halloween everyone! Battle ghosties as an adorable black cat in today's doodle.

so today's doodle is a somewhat random cartoon celebrating pad thai. It's adorable, but I am curious why they chose this. I partly wonder if they will be monitoring social media for increased posts about getting Thai food for dinner today. Like a trial balloon to see how much they can influence something on a national scale.

I’m guessing we had Melbourne Cup stuff, as it was The Event nationally. For you, I’m wondering, is your President still in Japan? Or has he moved elsewhere in Asia? Maybe the Thai reference is to that? (We currently have a blank)

joanne
said:

I’m guessing we had Melbourne Cup stuff, as it was The Event nationally. For you, I’m wondering, is your President still in Japan? Or has he moved elsewhere in Asia? Maybe the Thai reference is to that? (We currently have a blank)

We didn't have any Melbourne Cup stuff here in Melbourne, as far as I could see, joanne.  Instead we had the Pad Thai doodle.  Strange.

I can't believe no one has posted here in a while.

Today's Google Doodle is a fun interactive map with little facts about each of the 50 states.  If you didn't know it, flounder is NJ's most popular fish.

I happened to find, however, a blatant and flagrant and repugnant perversion as part of this ostensibly innocent expression of patriotism. If you click on Minnesota you'll find a bald-faced lie about the nature of the Sloppy Joe Sandwich, let alone the state with which it should be associated.

To be fair, the SOMA region's sloppy joe doesn't extend too far into the other 21 counties.  The Taylor Ham/pork roll, egg and cheese on a hard roll, however... smile 

Interesting.  There's a second one on the Google Doodle page.  I wonder where it appears?

https://www.google.com/doodles/carlos-drummond-de-andrades-117th-birthday

I'm not sure if this is a world-wide, Australia-only, my home town or a celebration of Australian and New Zealand coffee drinking Google doodle.

Whatever region it is, it celebrates the flat white coffee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_white

I could just about go one now.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!